Closed Thread
Page 28 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

I ordered all of the suggested vitamins/supplements yesterday, $200...this isn't cheap is it? Had my first ultrasound today, DH came with as he was very excited to see how many had grown (we had bets on 9 and 5) funny thing is he had to go the bathroom and the FS called me in as soon as he left...typical...he missed the entire thing!!! Anyway, extremely good news...18 follies - 12 on the right (which was the ovary I had drilled) and 6 on the left...we are really pleased! for some quality eggs. Egg pick up arranged for Monday and transfer for Wednesday...which is difficult as I am a teacher and kids return on Monday...my colleagues are very supportive and this is the first step in putting my family first I guess... does anyone else have difficulty or has had difficulty scheduling IVF?

Laned - a close friend of mine had a similar experience with the HB, on her return visit everything was fine and it seemed the baby was just a few days behind...all the best for next week!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Katrina2008 For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So excited right now, we just saw our fs for the last time he has signed us off. The exciting part was he did a scan, I am 10 weeks tomorrow. We saw little arms and legs and a head and it was moving around and waving, I am in love it was the most gorgeous thing ever. I feel a little more relieved.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (17-01-2012),LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news HamptonK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katrina - Fantastic results on the growing follies. Wow that is just an amazing number. I am sure there will be some magical ones in there at that rate. I am sure I can speak for a lot of us when I write this whole process is just so expensive after a while you find yourself saying what's another $200 on medication!!! You have most certainly got the right attitude putting yourself and your potential family first. For so long I put my career first. At the end of last year I made the huge step of leaving an Exec position for a more simple life and now couldn't be happier.

Hampton - What wonderful and exciting news.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HamptonK - congrats on the sign off. Can't wait for your birth announcement now in just over 7 months.

Katrina - yes I hear you on the expense, the vitamins and supplements can really start to add up. But when you consider how much a cycle costs a little extra for the vitamins which will hopefully decrease the length of your journey you just kind of wave the hand and go what's a little more.
    Congrats on the follies and good luck for Monday.

AFM: We saw fs this morning for a follow up to our last cycle. He has prescribed my testosterone gel to help improve our egg quality, seemed happy enough to add luveris to our next cycle and was fine with our desire to do 50% dono/dh sperm. Neither was he surprised when we said that this next one is our last go and after that we would move onto donor eggs. He said he will put some feelers out for a donor but to consider other avenues to source this ourselves. Both DH and I are pretty much now in agreeance that we will just do a donor cycle in South Africa if this next cycle does not work.
    We also mentioned that we wanted to get a second opinion and he was fine and thought that was a good idea and was even happy enough to write the referral for us.
    So we have an appt with Wazza for the 16 February and I have also made an appt with the counseller for the donor sperm for the 14 February. So we should have all options covered by the end of Feb and be ready to go in June.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-01-2012),Katrina2008  (18-01-2012),LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

First official day back at work today, great to get my mind off IVF for a couple of days! I have decided to tell the immediate ppl I am working with so that they are aware of what is going on and why I am having days off/coming in late etc...I may regret it but I'm hoping it makes it easier for them to understand...

Laned - I think you are spot on, choosing a simpler life is the way to go! I met with my principal today and she is extremely supportive :-) I am so lucky as not everyone's line managers are supportive of the process.

Bronwyn - You are a wealth of knowledge by the sounds of things, you've done your research! Is your current FS with QFG? I'm hearing a lot of ppl online talking about Wazza - obviously the IVF go to man!

Can anyone tell me (could be a blonde question) is egg collection at anytime through the day? usually in the morning? or does it depend on your FS?

Thank you again for sharing all of your knowledge ladies it really helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katrina - yay for being back at work and taking your mind off the ivf. Pooh though that you are back at work and not still at home relaxing! Re epu I believe it can be anytime of the day but it tends to be in the morning as the trigger shot has to be taken 36 hours beforehand so it is generally in the morning for that reason. Most of mine I have had prior to 9am, but I have a friend whose epu is scheduled for 11.30 on Friday. I have not really heard of any in the afternoon, but I guess if they have a lot of patients then it could work out that it would be later in the day.
    Sadly like some of the other girls here the knowledge is gained through many many cycles and constant research, most of what I know has been gleamed from the girls here.

possanda is offline Finally, I'm someones mummy..... Dreams come true.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, dh and I are planning / hoping to cycle this year. Just a question about what vitamins etc you have found that work to better sperm quality? I thought getting him started early would be better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

It has been a long time between posts. So much has happened, so many good news stories. I want to say hello to Frostysmum, LineyB73, TryingFor2, Andrews, wannabb,to name but a few.

I am so glad to hear of the BFP's for TF2, Frostysmum, lineyb, wannabb. I dont know the others on this thread but hello to all.

I have been lurking quite often without posting. Your stories have continued to give me reason to not give up. After losing my 9.5 month old daughter during heart surgery, I must admit it has been very hard to continue to remain positive. Some of you may remember me when I joined over a year ago to go thru FET. I had 4 bubsicles from my donor egg cycle (that got my initial BFP with Billie) left and was embarking on the next leg of my journey. Silly me thought that it would all be ok if I just fell pregnant with one of the frosties. It is not that simple. Billie died on the 22 july 2010. Hindsight is wonderful. I have since had significant issues getting my body to respond to a medicated FET cycle. To date I have had two of these with no success.

My lining does not enjoy the drugs. I am a poor responder and needless to say I was on drugs for most of 2011 with only twice achieving a lining good enough . In sept last year I decided I needed to change something. I stopped everything. You would not read about it, my FS saw me just b4 Xmas to work out what to do with me this year. He scanned me and my lining was over 7mm on day 10 of my cycle. All I took was Vitex to try to regulate everything. So, I am about to embark on my first ever natural FET.

Day 2 today. It is scary. I have two embryos left. My door is almost closed. Ladies, I just turned 47. I know I am old but I cannot close the door just yet. My story is long. I am on this thread because I am from Brisbane.

Sorry for the ME post. Thanks for reading. Frosty - I have the same FS as you did while wazza hurt his back. He has always been so good to me, so glad it worked for you.

Good luck ladies, I wish you all

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billiesmum For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (19-01-2012),laned  (19-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Billiesmum - My deepest sympathy for the loss of your little one. Life can be so very cruel. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of having such a challeging journey only to loose such a precious little soul. I wish you the very very best for this cycle and hope little Billie shines down on her bubsicle sibblings. X

Poss - Welcome. hoping your journey here is short and sweet. As for the boys, I had my DH take the following: Menevit, Maca, B Complex, CoQ10 and a mens multivitamin. I had another friend who was successful with the above and Spermamax.

Zult - wishing you the very best for your scan today.

Liney - Hope you and the little ones are doing well and hope your little man is out of NICU.

Tez, Mendoza, Betel, Chook, TRH, Amandamoo and Buffy - Have been thinking of you all and hope you are taking care of yourselves. X

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Billiesmum  (19-01-2012),chook11  (24-01-2012)