Closed Thread
Page 26 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Katrina - TCM stands for Traditional Chinese Medicine.

A few of us here see Jenny Byrne at East West Fertility in Ashgrove. Jenny uses sterile disposable needles for each patient and is also a TCM.

Depending upon your private health fund you should get a rebate. A usual treatment is $67.50. I am with Medibank Private and they subsidise treatments so that they cost $48.50. The gap they cover is however limited to a total of $300/year. Jenny has a HICAPS machine with most funds having on the spot rebate.

Also the male factor herb you are after is 'Spermamax'. I don't know if a chemist will sell it but many health food stores do.

Have fun at the in-laws and good luck with the old dial up!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katrina, I can recommend Jenny at East West Fertility at Ashgrove - she uses individually packaged sterile needles also and gives great advice on Chinese herbs, supplements etc. I am still seeing her during my pregnancy as it is really helping me to stay calm.

TRH, How's things lovely?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bron - wow 2 great minds think alike. We pretty much posted the same message at the same time...freaky!!!

So glad to hear re the weight loss. OMG I think my backside found the 2 kgs you have lost (LOL). How exciting, bikes. That sounds like heaps of fun. Have a great week end. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bronwyn, I think we posted at the same time, congratulations on the weight loss - that is a fantastic effort!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TFT - This is just hillarious. Ditto to your above comments. Let's make that 3 great minds think alike. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

lol talk about great minds - you guys know your stuff!

Bron, Laned and TFT - I googled East west clinic - looks fantastic. I'm going to give Jenni a call and perhaps arrange to see her before and during our next cycle. I am looking forward to seeing how my body responds to this first round of treatment...and then planning our next step from there. Thanks for all of your help and advice, I really appreciate it.

We are off out to a masquerade ball tonight for a friends 30th...the last thing I feel like doing as am feeling quite bloated and out of sorts after a busy day shopping and visiting...I didn't get to a single health food store or chemist...carried over to tomorrows list!

Bron - hope the bike hunting went well and fantastic job on the weight loss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. Can I please have some advice on how to stay sane on the TWW? I thought I was doing ok even though I spent 3 days in hosp after the egg pickup, but now the transfer is done I feel so overwhelmed.
    I would have to say this process is worse than being told at 33 that you should really have a hysterectomy. FS said he would try everything before we go to that extreme. Every time I go to do something i worry that i will damage the embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    crazy ladies !

Katrina - Jenny is fabulous !

Frosty - Thanks for your post! Sometimes I start doubting myself, so it's great to hear Wazza says those things to others that have gotten a BFP .

Bron - Great job on the weight loss. You are going great guns.... well done . Quick question for you and Laned about the Maca caps.... how many caps will/did you take?? I bought some today and the dosage is 1-5 caps per day... 5 caps = 1 tsp powder - each cap contains min 550mg organic Maca root.

TFT & Laned - So funny you were all posting at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marnz - sorry we must of posted at the same time.

Sorry you have had a rough trot and ended up in hospital after EPU. There is not much you can do that will damage the embie. Just don't take hot baths or put heat packs on your tummy.
    Someone once explained it to me like this.... imagine a balloon with jam all in the inside of it and then place your embie on it... it has stuck there and wont move .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marnz - I am so sorry that it has been a hard road for you so far. I really hope you get some good news at the end if the dreaded tww. As for how to get through it - take up a hobby (I decorate cakes so I generally spend it focussing on the next one I want to make/decorate), try and organize catch ups with friends or just get out and do stuff.
    Tbh sometimes I just don't know how I get through them but taking it one day at a time helps.

Amandamoo - I checked with Jenny when I saw her yesterday and she said 5 tablets morning and night. I was glad that I got the bottle of 500 tablets, but with both dh and I taking them it will only last about 1.5 months. I so hope it helps. Cos we are really rattling already!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (15-01-2012)