Closed Thread
Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1284
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole, luvabug, hampton and Bala thank you so much

Again, you girls are truly amazing. Thank you for your kind and well wishes. I feel very blessed that there a few of you who have been following our journey. Much love to you all.

Liney - thanks Hun. I can just imagine you are having the time of your life your post on the Saffa thread made me have a good belly laugh.

TFT - how are your little men getting on? Thank you so much, your post made me sit here in the air lounge shedding a tear. You would not believe but QANTUS upgraded us to business class to fly home OMG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations laned. Glad to hear some happy news. Fingers crossed for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

laned  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned----Best news ever, I've been wondering all day yesterday about your result, but silly me should have checked here!!! Sooooooo happy it works.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

laned  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just thought I would crash your thread!
    I am most likely starting my first and only IVF cycle in October/November. I am a single mum now (have a girl who was naturally conceived 9 years ago) but have ached to give her a sibling, so have decided to do this alone (via donor sperm). I have only just enough money for one try and that is it unfortunately. I am 39 with a low AMH (level 6). I have seen Glenn Sterling and had the appt with the nurse there but am now confused. He was very positive (think that just his mannerism), bit over the top but obvioulsy very intelligent. However the nurse was not as optimistic (more realistic I guess). She was nice but did say that I would be likely get one egg to transfer but prob not any good ones to freeze due to my age etc. She then said that I won't need to see Glenn until maybe the scans and then the day of the EPU as she would prob do it all. She said she even does some of the FET's. I want him to do it all (which apparently if requested he will) but I also wanted to see him again before it all begins so I hear everything from him, after all he is the one I am putting all my faith into. I am worried they will think I have no trust in them though if I request another appt with him.
    I also have an appt with DeAmbrosis in Nov so am wondering whether I should just go to him as I hear all the great succes stories he has. The only problem is I really wanted to get my cycle in this year (due to safety net with medicare and because I have planned around it). So now I am unsure what to do!!
    Sorry for the ramble.
    Please share your stories of who did your scans, transfers etc and is it common to only have one initial appt with the fs before going straight into a cycle? I am confused and would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks
    Last edited by stormgirl73; 07-09-2012 at 09:45.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

Hi stormgirl i am at QFG and I have never had scans and definitely not an FET by a nurse. I would ask more questions from them as to why FS doesn't do these. And also I see FS after each BT just to check in it usually is only a 5min chat but it helps to build a relationship as we put a lot into these cycles.
    I'm so sorry you have to start this journey it is hard road I hope your journey ends quickly and you have another bundle soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    stormgirl..I have never heard of fets and scans being done by the nurses. I was with qfg and saw both Molloy and De Ambrosius and the they both did those things themselves. To be perfectly honest if I was paying all that money I would be expecting the fs to do it as he is the one specially trained for it. I would not let the positivity or lack of from the nurse worry you..I had a amh level less than one and wazza gave me less than 10% chance of success but I know have 8 month old twins so stay positive. I never did fet as I only ever got small number of eggs (5 was the max) and never got any frosties.
    my honest opinion if you dont have faith in the fs then go to someone else. I changed from Molloy to DeAmbrosius for that reason. From memory I saw wazza once and then did not see him till I started the scanning process but he always did the scans. DOnt be scared to ask for more appts and more reassurance..you are paying them enough to provide it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.
    Apparently Glenn Sterling is excellent (if you get past his eccentric personality!), I just found it odd that the nurse said that she sometimes does the scans and the FET's esp if on the weekend. She did say that I can still request Glenn to do it, which of course I would as he is the one I am paying big money to see!
    If I go with DeAmbrosis then I prob can't start to early next year which means I wouldn't have reached the safety net yet with medicare etc.
    oh decisions decisions!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I think this is the first time I have seen this thread?! So I thought I would pop in and say hi!

I notice a number of u are at QFG, the same as me and under Dr Molloy?
    This is my first IVF cycle so I'm hoping Dr Molloys impressive success rates swing my way
    I was in there this morning and gee it was busy!! I'm up to jabbing ATM and didn't find the first one too bad but felt a lil ill this morning but I came right after lunch.

Good luck to all this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Storm girl - I think you need to listen it your gut, follow that in terms of who you choose to I trust your dream with. I have only ever had one cycle, with warren de ambrosis. We are pregnant! I think the man is a god on earth. He is so passionate about helping you hold that little bundle. I feel he pulls out no stops to get there. I can't speak highly enough of him. I can't comment on dr sterling as I have had no interactions with him or heard of others seeing him. All the best with your decision.

Chances - welcome. How exciting it is all starting for you. Wishing you all the best and I hope the drugs treat you well.

My day has been eventful to say the least. I was rescanned today as I had a small bleed yesterday afternoon after my first scan. Baby still in tact and heart still beating. Small bleed noted with no collection thank goodness. So bed rest pretty much for the next two weeks, drugged up on Valium. I will do what ever it takes for my baby to stay with us. All fingers and toes crossed for the next 6 weeks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

chances  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned that's fantastic!!! I had been checking the thread for the last few days hoping that you would post!! You and DH must be so happy!!! Big congratulations to you both, this is the best news ever!!! You have been very brave during this very long IVF journey and you so deserve this joy.

to everyone else, sorry for not posting very often, I am just so over this IVF and TTC stuff! Of course I am still cycling but I am also moving on with other things in my life accepting the fact that we might not ever have children to complete our family. That's just life unfortunately.

stormgirl - I did 8 cycles with Glenn then changed clinic...He always did my ET and I was never given the option to have the nurse doing it (which I would have refused anyway!!). However all my transfers were planned so that he didn't have to work on weekends which wasn't necessarily the best things for my embryos (PM if you want more details).

Bala2 - great news about your scan and the baby still doing well!!! I can imagine how stressful it is but hang in there

chances - best of luck with your first cycle! Jabbbing is usually my favourite part of the cycle as it's probably the only part where I am involved in what's happening!! What I hate is the synarel and the scans, they're just so uncomfortable!

ATM - this cycle we are doing exactly the same as last one, low down reg with synarel and 450iu gonal-f, and so far all doing well. Actually much better than any other cycle, we have 20 follicles so far and EPU is scheduled for Friday 14th. I don't think I never had so many follicles so I am a bit concerned as I believe that less means better quality. Anyway no much I can do about how many follies are there so I'll just have to sit and wait

14. The Following User Says Thank You to betelgeuse For This Useful Post:

laned  (09-09-2012)