Closed Thread
Page 125 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1284
  1. #1241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    haha heartstringz!!!! I only just went to Assiram today for my first post-ET treatment - it was a-mazing. I was so so relaxed, I didn't want to go back to work and i'm like jelly now - CAN'T wait for bed I feel better than i have since Thursday last week. I don't know how much of a difference it will make to my fertility, but it was just wonderful.

    I also had some great news today - we started with 6 eggs - i had 2 transferred at day 5, and 3 arrested at day 3. We were so disheartened, however I received an email from my FN to say that they grew out the last morula to day 6 and it's now a BB grade blasty ON ICE! As we have an issue with egg/embryo quality, this is a huge win for us.
    Can I ask who you are with?

    ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 5 embryos BFN

  2. #1242
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked
    122
    Reviews
    0
    Squeak, we are with Warren DeAmbrosis. Our first cycle was a long down-reg, then we had a cancelled cycle, then this one (antagonist) was touch and go, due to fluctuating progesterone levels. This cycle he threw the book at me, so to speak - clexane right through, feldene, luveris and i've been on DHEA for almost 2 months now. Our first cycle yielded 9 eggs, 5 mature. Of those, 3 fertilised and we had 1 average blasty and one morula transferred - the other one didn't survive the day. This time we got 14 eggs, 6 mature, 6 fertilised. Of those, 2 sprinted in the first 3 days but then arrested on day 4, another slower one arrested on day 4, and on day 5 we had 1 below average blasty (2DD) and one morula transferred but then we got the good news that our other last morula did grow to day 6 and was frozen. Graded at a BB (not sure of the number). For us, it's a huge milestone to have one frozen.

  3. #1243
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Squeak, we are with Warren DeAmbrosis. Our first cycle was a long down-reg, then we had a cancelled cycle, then this one (antagonist) was touch and go, due to fluctuating progesterone levels. This cycle he threw the book at me, so to speak - clexane right through, feldene, luveris and i've been on DHEA for almost 2 months now. Our first cycle yielded 9 eggs, 5 mature. Of those, 3 fertilised and we had 1 average blasty and one morula transferred - the other one didn't survive the day. This time we got 14 eggs, 6 mature, 6 fertilised. Of those, 2 sprinted in the first 3 days but then arrested on day 4, another slower one arrested on day 4, and on day 5 we had 1 below average blasty (2DD) and one morula transferred but then we got the good news that our other last morula did grow to day 6 and was frozen. Graded at a BB (not sure of the number). For us, it's a huge milestone to have one frozen.
    I hope you have better luck than me. Everyone seems to be with Warren.

    ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 5 embryos BFN

  4. #1244
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    I hope you have better luck than me. Everyone seems to be with Warren.

    ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 5 embryos BFN
    I can't keep up with whether Warren is retiring or not! Hope for all, I would still take the November appt if I were you so that if you try somewhere else and want to change, you have something in place. You can always cancel. Plus they may have a cancellation along the way - even if you just consult with him it might give you a different perspective.

    Warren is regarded as the 'go to' doctor because he takes on the really difficult cases and seems to achieve BFP's where others had not in the past. For most doing IVF, I believe any reputable clinic is just as able to achieve a positive outcome but I do believe it's important that you're proactive in the management of your protocol too. Research online, push to try new things, question decisions and generally just be involved in the management of your cycle. It's hard to know what is best when starting out with IVF so you can only try what is suggested but if it's not working after 2 or 3 cycles, ask questions. If your fs doesn't seem interested in suggesting new strategies, I'd probably go elsewhere. Warren strongly suggested we use donor eggs or stop altogether 2 years ago but I just didn't feel ready to give up on trying with my own. If something doesn't feel right then push for something else.

    Over five years of IVF, I have seen six FS's and ended up staying with Warren. My main reason was because he's so happy to use anything and everything to eliminate any potential issues but the downside is you're pumped full of what are probably unnecessary drugs, for the most part. Some of those drugs gave me awful side effects but ultimately I have the outcome we hoped for so obviously it's been worth it. His approach isn't for everyone and I think there is nothing wrong with using a different clinic or FS for early cycles because in a lot of cases, the 'standard' protocol will be enough.

    Anyway, end of rather long post! Best of luck to everyone cycling this month!

    x

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to brisvegasmum For This Useful Post:

    KandP  (28-08-2012)

  6. #1245
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

    Well my time is up here in brissy. About to head home will be back in a couple of months just got to wait for AF then I can start planning our next stim cycle

  7. #1246
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    33
    Reviews
    0
    Lovebug - farewell for now, sorry to hear this month didnt work out for you. Take care

  8. #1247
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    33
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brisvegasmum View Post
    I can't keep up with whether Warren is retiring or not! Hope for all, I would still take the November appt if I were you so that if you try somewhere else and want to change, you have something in place. You can always cancel. Plus they may have a cancellation along the way - even if you just consult with him it might give you a different perspective.

    Warren is regarded as the 'go to' doctor because he takes on the really difficult cases and seems to achieve BFP's where others had not in the past. For most doing IVF, I believe any reputable clinic is just as able to achieve a positive outcome but I do believe it's important that you're proactive in the management of your protocol too. Research online, push to try new things, question decisions and generally just be involved in the management of your cycle. It's hard to know what is best when starting out with IVF so you can only try what is suggested but if it's not working after 2 or 3 cycles, ask questions. If your fs doesn't seem interested in suggesting new strategies, I'd probably go elsewhere. Warren strongly suggested we use donor eggs or stop altogether 2 years ago but I just didn't feel ready to give up on trying with my own. If something doesn't feel right then push for something else.

    Over five years of IVF, I have seen six FS's and ended up staying with Warren. My main reason was because he's so happy to use anything and everything to eliminate any potential issues but the downside is you're pumped full of what are probably unnecessary drugs, for the most part. Some of those drugs gave me awful side effects but ultimately I have the outcome we hoped for so obviously it's been worth it. His approach isn't for everyone and I think there is nothing wrong with using a different clinic or FS for early cycles because in a lot of cases, the 'standard' protocol will be enough.

    Anyway, end of rather long post! Best of luck to everyone cycling this month!

    x
    Well said - I agree that I would be taking that November appointment with warren hope for all. I think it took me about 3 months to get into him as well.worth the wait - we are 5 weeks pregnant. He gets results. Would be a fabulous start to your new year.

  9. #1248
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

    I went to my follow up appointment and we have 8 frozen. This gives me some faith this may work.

    ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 8 embryos frozen BFN

  10. #1249
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked
    122
    Reviews
    0

    Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    I went to my follow up appointment and we have 8 frozen. This gives me some faith this may work.

    ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 8 embryos frozen BFN
    8 embryos! That's wonderful

  11. #1250
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

    I know. They are at day 3 but still.

    ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 8 embryos frozen BFN


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 20-05-2013, 13:47
  2. Replies: 705
    Last Post: 13-04-2013, 20:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Billington Street
For stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!