Closed Thread
Page 125 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1284
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    haha heartstringz!!!! I only just went to Assiram today for my first post-ET treatment - it was a-mazing. I was so so relaxed, I didn't want to go back to work and i'm like jelly now - CAN'T wait for bed I feel better than i have since Thursday last week. I don't know how much of a difference it will make to my fertility, but it was just wonderful.

I also had some great news today - we started with 6 eggs - i had 2 transferred at day 5, and 3 arrested at day 3. We were so disheartened, however I received an email from my FN to say that they grew out the last morula to day 6 and it's now a BB grade blasty ON ICE! As we have an issue with egg/embryo quality, this is a huge win for us.
    Can I ask who you are with?

ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 5 embryos BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squeak, we are with Warren DeAmbrosis. Our first cycle was a long down-reg, then we had a cancelled cycle, then this one (antagonist) was touch and go, due to fluctuating progesterone levels. This cycle he threw the book at me, so to speak - clexane right through, feldene, luveris and i've been on DHEA for almost 2 months now. Our first cycle yielded 9 eggs, 5 mature. Of those, 3 fertilised and we had 1 average blasty and one morula transferred - the other one didn't survive the day. This time we got 14 eggs, 6 mature, 6 fertilised. Of those, 2 sprinted in the first 3 days but then arrested on day 4, another slower one arrested on day 4, and on day 5 we had 1 below average blasty (2DD) and one morula transferred but then we got the good news that our other last morula did grow to day 6 and was frozen. Graded at a BB (not sure of the number). For us, it's a huge milestone to have one frozen.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Squeak, we are with Warren DeAmbrosis. Our first cycle was a long down-reg, then we had a cancelled cycle, then this one (antagonist) was touch and go, due to fluctuating progesterone levels. This cycle he threw the book at me, so to speak - clexane right through, feldene, luveris and i've been on DHEA for almost 2 months now. Our first cycle yielded 9 eggs, 5 mature. Of those, 3 fertilised and we had 1 average blasty and one morula transferred - the other one didn't survive the day. This time we got 14 eggs, 6 mature, 6 fertilised. Of those, 2 sprinted in the first 3 days but then arrested on day 4, another slower one arrested on day 4, and on day 5 we had 1 below average blasty (2DD) and one morula transferred but then we got the good news that our other last morula did grow to day 6 and was frozen. Graded at a BB (not sure of the number). For us, it's a huge milestone to have one frozen.
    I hope you have better luck than me. Everyone seems to be with Warren.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    I hope you have better luck than me. Everyone seems to be with Warren.

I can't keep up with whether Warren is retiring or not! Hope for all, I would still take the November appt if I were you so that if you try somewhere else and want to change, you have something in place. You can always cancel. Plus they may have a cancellation along the way - even if you just consult with him it might give you a different perspective.

Warren is regarded as the 'go to' doctor because he takes on the really difficult cases and seems to achieve BFP's where others had not in the past. For most doing IVF, I believe any reputable clinic is just as able to achieve a positive outcome but I do believe it's important that you're proactive in the management of your protocol too. Research online, push to try new things, question decisions and generally just be involved in the management of your cycle. It's hard to know what is best when starting out with IVF so you can only try what is suggested but if it's not working after 2 or 3 cycles, ask questions. If your fs doesn't seem interested in suggesting new strategies, I'd probably go elsewhere. Warren strongly suggested we use donor eggs or stop altogether 2 years ago but I just didn't feel ready to give up on trying with my own. If something doesn't feel right then push for something else.

Over five years of IVF, I have seen six FS's and ended up staying with Warren. My main reason was because he's so happy to use anything and everything to eliminate any potential issues but the downside is you're pumped full of what are probably unnecessary drugs, for the most part. Some of those drugs gave me awful side effects but ultimately I have the outcome we hoped for so obviously it's been worth it. His approach isn't for everyone and I think there is nothing wrong with using a different clinic or FS for early cycles because in a lot of cases, the 'standard' protocol will be enough.

Anyway, end of rather long post! Best of luck to everyone cycling this month!

x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brisvegasmum For This Useful Post:

KandP  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

Well my time is up here in brissy. About to head home will be back in a couple of months just got to wait for AF then I can start planning our next stim cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovebug - farewell for now, sorry to hear this month didnt work out for you. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brisvegasmum View Post
    I can't keep up with whether Warren is retiring or not! Hope for all, I would still take the November appt if I were you so that if you try somewhere else and want to change, you have something in place. You can always cancel. Plus they may have a cancellation along the way - even if you just consult with him it might give you a different perspective.

Warren is regarded as the 'go to' doctor because he takes on the really difficult cases and seems to achieve BFP's where others had not in the past. For most doing IVF, I believe any reputable clinic is just as able to achieve a positive outcome but I do believe it's important that you're proactive in the management of your protocol too. Research online, push to try new things, question decisions and generally just be involved in the management of your cycle. It's hard to know what is best when starting out with IVF so you can only try what is suggested but if it's not working after 2 or 3 cycles, ask questions. If your fs doesn't seem interested in suggesting new strategies, I'd probably go elsewhere. Warren strongly suggested we use donor eggs or stop altogether 2 years ago but I just didn't feel ready to give up on trying with my own. If something doesn't feel right then push for something else.

Over five years of IVF, I have seen six FS's and ended up staying with Warren. My main reason was because he's so happy to use anything and everything to eliminate any potential issues but the downside is you're pumped full of what are probably unnecessary drugs, for the most part. Some of those drugs gave me awful side effects but ultimately I have the outcome we hoped for so obviously it's been worth it. His approach isn't for everyone and I think there is nothing wrong with using a different clinic or FS for early cycles because in a lot of cases, the 'standard' protocol will be enough.

Anyway, end of rather long post! Best of luck to everyone cycling this month!

x
    Well said - I agree that I would be taking that November appointment with warren hope for all. I think it took me about 3 months to get into him as well.worth the wait - we are 5 weeks pregnant. He gets results. Would be a fabulous start to your new year.

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to my follow up appointment and we have 8 frozen. This gives me some faith this may work.

ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 8 embryos frozen BFN

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET *~* #8

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    I went to my follow up appointment and we have 8 frozen. This gives me some faith this may work.

8 embryos! That's wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews

I know. They are at day 3 but still.