Closed Thread
Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1284
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm going to see a geneticist in September, but will most likely start IVF-PGD after that. My husband has a genetic disease & we don't want to pass it on to the child so we decided that IVF-PGD is probably the best option.

I've found out so much useful info here already!! Just wanted to ask about the egg retrieval & embryo implantation - does it hurt?? I have trouble having pap smears to be honest, they are extremely painful for me, so much so that I got prescribed valium for the last one. So it concerns me a little how I will go with the retrieval & implantation. Did any of you have any trouble??
    Hi Heartstringz,

I found that sometimes during embryo transfer that it actually did hurt for me....but i was really lucky the last time round when i changed to wazza, he gave me valium. I was high as a kite and didn't feel a thing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainaberdine For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squeak Re: Hyperstimulation- I had 22 eggs at my 1st and only EPU. I was a bit tender and bloated . They advised me to drink lots of water and eat lots of protein(like Brisvegas mum) The next morning I had my usual porridge breakfast- not pleasant !! Go for eggs instead Overall though -I had no real problems

Heartstringz re: EPU and ET.
    EPU I was under aneasthetic when I came to- I just felt a bit tired and tender like a bad period. However I went back to work the next day which I would advise against that- would recommend 2 days off work for EPU.
    ET I'd say is not great but OK- I personally hate needles so in comparison to everything else you have to do FOR IVF- ET is OK.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Calita For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thought I would re-join this group
    we are starting our first ivf cycle this month, have my blood test Sunday to see when I can start sniffing, so exciting but do scary at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got 24 eggs eek.

ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    I got 24 eggs eek.

ICSI #2 August 2012
    Great! How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fine as long as I do not move. Lol. Lying down is best.

ICSI #2 August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Squeak excellent yeah drink lots of water and lots of protein but when increasing protein increase fibre. if you get sustagen get the one from the chemist it has extra fibre and use a shaker cup because the lumps dont taste good and i find the chocolate one the nicest vanilla is way too sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So I found out that pgd is not covered by Medicare or private health. so that would put us $3000-$5000 out of pocket on that alone, as well as all of the other costs associated with Ivf. We can't afford that if we want to have enough savings left to actually raise a child! Thanks to Campbell Newman I will get no paid parental leave so it's going to be pretty tough if we use half our savings.

Ive been telling DH that we have to sell the boat which is probably worth about $8000. He doesn't want to but I think it's our only choice. If we can actually sell the boat - its a pretty nieche market. If we can't I guess we are out of options.

Every time we talk about it now we just end up in a big fight about the money so I have said we are not talking about it anymore - would rather not destroy our relationship & if that means never having kids then I guess that's better than ruining our relationship as well.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 11-08-2012 at 08:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    18 embryos so far.

ICSI #2 August 2012 24eggs 18 embryos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome tantom - it is exciting to start. I hope the drugs are kind to you.

Squeak - those ill babies are cooking well, what great numbers. When is transfer?

Hearstringz - feeling for you. Where there is a will there is a way. Maybe look to other clinics both here and overseas. Prices vary a lot it seems. There are loads of options. May be worth talking to a counselor at the clinic before you do anything else and worry yourself even more. Take care

I had egg pick up on Monday and transfer yesterday. Out of the 9 collected we ended up with 6. Transferred two excellent lookking blastocyst yesterday morning and the other four are still maturing and will be frozen today. So 11 more days we find out if we have one or two little miracles growing. I am remaining positive and excited about the possibilities. I pray for one miracle - the thought of twins scares me. I beleive though you are only given what your can handle in life. So if it is twins bring it on! Sending all my positive vibes to all you amazing women out there.