Closed Thread
Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1284
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bronwyn for PUPO congrats and advice. Thanks also Loveabug for your PUPO well wishes- now its your turn - good luck to you and congratulations on being PUPO!!!

Good luck to Kt King- its great your sister can donate -may this work for u!

Congrats tootyfruity on your pregnancy- I want what you've got!

Hi to Bala 2 - I hope IVF works for u!

Goodluck to Squeak as well.

AFM I've been Overseas during my 2WW but unfortunately my period started so I am certain the blood test I had this AM will be negative. I've done my grieving on holiday so bring on the FET I say! I think i'll have to have to wait another month for that

Today I'm planning my next approach - organic food, more sleep, yoga, meditation.....I like to feel like I have some control in this uncontrollable situation :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone!

I'm going to see a geneticist in September, but will most likely start IVF-PGD after that. My husband has a genetic disease & we don't want to pass it on to the child so we decided that IVF-PGD is probably the best option.

I've found out so much useful info here already!! Just wanted to ask about the egg retrieval & embryo implantation - does it hurt?? I have trouble having pap smears to be honest, they are extremely painful for me, so much so that I got prescribed valium for the last one. So it concerns me a little how I will go with the retrieval & implantation. Did any of you have any trouble??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz - good luck with your appointment in September. I had my first ever egg retrieval yesterday. I had a general anesthetic. I did have what felt like bad period pain afterwards which increased over the day/evening and I was pretty uncomfortable last night. Today I am fine just a little uncomfortable in my lower abdomen. Yesterday I think I overdid it which is why I think the pain was worse. Today I rested and the pain is a lot better. I haven't even need pain relief today. It is apparently different for all women and apparently varies between one egg collection to another. I hope this eases your concerns.

Calita - I hope your enjoy your month of focusing on you and it delivers the positive result you wish for.

KtKing - your story is inspirational. You also have some pretty amazing people around you. I am so happy for you that your sister can help, what a blessing she is to you.

tootyfruity - congrats, so nice to see some positive results on here.

Squeak - how did those little follicles go? I hope you your pick up and transfer went well.

browny cj - I am so sorry for your loss. It is such an unpredictable journey.

Well my journey continues. Went to egg pick up yesterday. Scan showed 10 follicles. Got 9 from one side and non from the other. Funny the side that has no tube had all the eggs. We did 5 IVF and 3 ICSI and one egg was immature and no good. So, 4 of the IVF fertilized and 2 of the ICSI fertilized. Let's hope all 6 survive till transfer day on day 5 - Saturday.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had another scan and now showed over 20 follicles. So worried about hyperstimulation now. Epu is friday.
    TMI but did anyone experiemce problems going to the toilet before egg pick up? I find it sooo painful.

April 2012 Cancelled ivf cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    I had another scan and now showed over 20 follicles. So worried about hyperstimulation now. Epu is friday.
    TMI but did anyone experiemce problems going to the toilet before egg pick up? I find it sooo painful.

April 2012 Cancelled ivf cycle
    Squeak, if you're worried about hyperstimming, make sure you start eating a LOT of protein and drinking as much electrolyte drink (Gatorade will do) as possible now. I had a feeling I was going to hyperstim on the cycle that I did and wish I'd done more to try and limit the effects. I spent two weeks in hospital and it was horrendous but that is not the norm..most people will recover a lot sooner. Also, I only had 17 follicles on that cycle where I'd previously had 24 and 21 and not hyperstimmed so you may be fine. Another plus is that often hyperstim cycles result in pregnancy - while we had to freeze my eggs, I did get a BFP from the next two FET's (they just didn't stick unfortunately). Just take the extra precaution and get eating and drinking asap and keep it up after epu!
    I don't recall any pain going to the toilet but I was just very bloated before EPU, it was becoming painful in the days before to just move around. I would ask your FS just to be sure that it's nothing to be especially concerned about.

Best of luck
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm going to see a geneticist in September, but will most likely start IVF-PGD after that. My husband has a genetic disease & we don't want to pass it on to the child so we decided that IVF-PGD is probably the best option.

I've found out so much useful info here already!! Just wanted to ask about the egg retrieval & embryo implantation - does it hurt?? I have trouble having pap smears to be honest, they are extremely painful for me, so much so that I got prescribed valium for the last one. So it concerns me a little how I will go with the retrieval & implantation. Did any of you have any trouble??
    It is true that each EPU is different - I have had brilliant ones where I even drove myself home straight after! and others where I stayed in hospital overnight. It's very hard to know how each will go but generally I find them not too bad. I also hate pap smears and find them very uncomfortable so I understand your worry. The transfer is painless and I quite liked them thanks to the valium!

Generally with IVF it's best to just try and take one day at a time because when you begin to think of all the different medication/procedures and processes it can be completely overwhelming. Try to just concentrate on what each day needs and tell yourself you'll deal with tomorrow when it arrives. I found that helped me when it all got a little, or a lot, daunting. When you break it down it's much more doable

Best of luck
    x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brisvegasmum For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot!

Has anyone ever used City Fertility Clinic at Chermside? Are they any good? Their fees look competative with the others I've looked at. Still concerned about how we will afford it, but I guess that's natural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who is with QFG Briabane?
    Can anyone tell me how fresh semen needs to be? Is it the standard 1hr rule to use in icsi?

ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    Who is with QFG Briabane?
    Can anyone tell me how fresh semen needs to be? Is it the standard 1hr rule to use in icsi?

ICSI #1 April 2012 Cancelled
    ICSI #2 August 2012
    Since sperm is our main issue, I always get dh to do it there in "that room" on the day. We figure it's best with the scientist's sooner rather than later to ensure its kept at the right temp ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Squeak I get DH to use "The Room" on the day as well. It's just so much easier and it will be stored correctly