Closed Thread
Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip, apart from all that baby talk pressure
    Have you seen Lynn before?
    You'll love her! I promise!
    I've changed over to her about 2 months ago....

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..
    Hi Marttc,

Yes I saw Lynn a few weeks before I went away, she got me in for surgery for a lap and hyperscopy to check all was ok. Last FS had dropped a needle on my left ovary when she did epu but Lynn said it al looked ok. She said I was text-book "perfect" inside and only having low amh should not make me infertile esp as we have DS. She did say we may look into more natural methods to help before going forward for another cycle so I'll discuss all this withher tomorrow. She was also surprised that all I had had done was blood tests and no other checks. I felt more comfortable with her straight way, she seemed interested in our issues and also interested in getting us pg unlike last FS who unfortunately used to make me feel like I was wasting her time, she was always trying to rush me out the door and DH thought she was more interested in $ than helping us. Where are you at now? Although it's nice to "see" you on here again, I feel sad that you have not got your BFP yet. Hope you get it soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Marttc I'm glad you had the lap done, i guess it's a positive step forward for you both that endo was found and removed. You must be excited Lynn thinks you can conceive naturally, she wouldn't tell you to try if she didn't think it was possible. All the best and I'll be hoping you get that bfp soon!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (14-08-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Marttc, those stats are very interesting.. I might discuss them with FS!!
    Never heard of Ballarat ivf, they would nearly be as close to me as monash would be..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have been lurking and reading, but I haven't got a clue on the different melbourne fs! Lynn sounds good though, I like someone who is thorough! Sounds like she puts her mind to each circumstance!

I have 2 grade A blasts back now and am going insane already! I test 24th. I am panicking as I am self employed and still have to work, and I'm a fitness instructor and kids coach. I worked yesterday but felt tired at the end, I explained to the kids I had had surgery and was a little sore so I would be more vocal than physical and it seemed ok but was bothered I was doing too much! They said exercise as soon as I felt ready and I feel on but that paranoia pops into your head!!!! I just keep reminding myself that I did the same things 4 years ago and got a very healthy and active baby but still it's making me paranoid. I have a school session today for 25 kids, but have 2 teenage helpers so think I'm going to stand in the corner with a fragile sticker on my belly!!

All the stats are very interesting, I wonder why ballarat has such a high success rate??? I looked at ballarat and it's a nice small clinic, I always feel they are more personal, but decided the drive was too far!!!

Wunsi, how did you get on??

In off to go and eat brazil nuts!!!! Any other handy tips in 2ww would really be appreciated!

Thanks
    Jen x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen,

I'm officially PUPO too! Procedure was yesterday and I have been bludging around home for 24hours and have another two days off. I work for myself too and my work can be physical too (healthcare) so my FS asked me to take a few days off and to take it easy when I go back. I am known to do lots of overtime each week, I have a hard time saying no. I am pretty good, at the moment I'm not working over Thursday or Friday

My BT is on the 24th too. I'm pretty sure I will know before then if it's a sticky, my AF came early last time after stim cycle, so I'm wondering if I'll know by Monday. I also had a beautiful expanding blastie returned. Am awaiting news of any frosties, hope I find out today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And hi to everyone else. I can't comment too much on the Melbourne clinic debate. I can say that I am at monash and feel they are operating like a well oiled machine. I find them very professional. My FS is adorable, but I get the feeling that it is not his sole interest as he has a thriving on/gyn biz too. He calls me after each procedure to check how I'm going.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Melb Girls Chat #6

Quote Originally Posted by jen80 View Post
    Hi ladies, I have been lurking and reading, but I haven't got a clue on the different melbourne fs! Lynn sounds good though, I like someone who is thorough! Sounds like she puts her mind to each circumstance!

I have 2 grade A blasts back now and am going insane already! I test 24th. I am panicking as I am self employed and still have to work, and I'm a fitness instructor and kids coach. I worked yesterday but felt tired at the end, I explained to the kids I had had surgery and was a little sore so I would be more vocal than physical and it seemed ok but was bothered I was doing too much! They said exercise as soon as I felt ready and I feel on but that paranoia pops into your head!!!! I just keep reminding myself that I did the same things 4 years ago and got a very healthy and active baby but still it's making me paranoid. I have a school session today for 25 kids, but have 2 teenage helpers so think I'm going to stand in the corner with a fragile sticker on my belly!!

All the stats are very interesting, I wonder why ballarat has such a high success rate??? I looked at ballarat and it's a nice small clinic, I always feel they are more personal, but decided the drive was too far!!!

Wunsi, how did you get on??

In off to go and eat brazil nuts!!!! Any other handy tips in 2ww would really be appreciated!

Thanks
    Jen x
    Apparently Ballarat use to be a Monash clinic... So exact same processes I guess...

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls I hope your all well?? I am at monash Clayton and I see nick and he is fantastic he will try different things like the stem cell treatment that I have been doing and he has done a lot of work over in the USA.
    I will try and catch up with where everyone is at.
    Cheers
    Leanne

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Little Feet View Post
    Hi Marttc,

Yes I saw Lynn a few weeks before I went away, she got me in for surgery for a lap and hyperscopy to check all was ok. Last FS had dropped a needle on my left ovary when she did epu but Lynn said it al looked ok. She said I was text-book "perfect" inside and only having low amh should not make me infertile esp as we have DS. She did say we may look into more natural methods to help before going forward for another cycle so I'll discuss all this withher tomorrow. She was also surprised that all I had had done was blood tests and no other checks. I felt more comfortable with her straight way, she seemed interested in our issues and also interested in getting us pg unlike last FS who unfortunately used to make me feel like I was wasting her time, she was always trying to rush me out the door and DH thought she was more interested in $ than helping us. Where are you at now? Although it's nice to "see" you on here again, I feel sad that you have not got your BFP yet. Hope you get it soon x
    Thanks!
    I was lucky enough in March to get my very first BFP through IVF but that ended in in a m/c.... Been trying ever since. Had my lap & then onto clomid next cycle... So let's hope the BFP is just around the corner.

I've had a meltdown & resigned from my job, so now I'm nervous about getting a new job and falling pregnant, but who cares!! I'll be pregnant & the rest will sort itself out

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Been awhile since i posted...but you know i have strong opinions about monash versus MIVF! Monash all the way! I can recommend Luk Rombouts and Gareth Weston (now my Ob) and Prof Rob McLachlan for mfi issues at Monash and I would avoid Greg Fox at MIVF. i've heard too many stories, and experienced it myself, about MIVF and their lack of doing more tests early on in treatment, makes me think they're just after our $$

marttc is right that Ballarat used to be part of Monash. my BFF's uncle, Russell is the FS there, i'm pretty sure its just him by himself and lots of girls from Ballarat and around are happy with his work.

i think that info that martcc shared just shows the difference between 2d and 5d transfers, since MIVF prefer 2d and Monash 5d, you've got a better chance with 5d blasty.

good luck to the girls who are PUPO!! such an intense time, i would try and take it easy as much as possible.

marttc - you'll def be preg soon now that you've resigned your job i think you've made the right choice the only thing that really matters is having a baby the rest will sort itself out like u said

Hi Zakmick - glad you're back cycling again for this cycle

Little feet - welcome back! and I hope Lynn can get you preg soon!

AFM - I had my 20wk scan on Monday all looking good and we've got a little boy on the way!! DH and I are so excited and i'm finally feeling good after having ms for first 18wks.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (15-08-2012),MARTTC  (16-08-2012),Zakmick  (15-08-2012)