Closed Thread
Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysweetboy View Post
    Zakmick and MARTTC- Thanks for your thoughts. Well my 'cause' of infertility is "unexplained infertility" well, so they say. The thing is, according to chinese medicine, I have stagnant blood and not enough good blood flow to the uterus. This makes sense to me, as sorry for tmi, but I also have very acidic vaginal mucus. I am positive this is what kills the tadpoles on their journey

But now, DH has a very limited count, almost nothing and the ones that are there barely move, so its not just me.

Due to my embryo's being fragile and not lasting long, I am thinking of have the genetic and chromosome testing done. If that is the case, so you still recommend Melbourne IVF, or is there someone at Monash that can do it?

I dont know why, but I always got the feeling that Melbourne were more professional than Monash, though Melbourne has recently made some pretty silly mistakes with me, one of which could have cost me a whole cycle, and I would have had to wait for the following month.
    We started doing ivf due to me initially as well but now DH's swimmers are not up to par anymore either, so we are required to do icsi now too.

Majority of the clinics do the testing but some only test for common chromosome abnormalities not the whole 28. My understanding is that mivf are the only clinic currently in Melbourne testing all 28 chromosomes.

I'm torn like you, I have been hearing negative things about mivf from the girls on here and really don't want to go to mivf if it can be avoided.

If this next transfer does not work we will most likely make an apt with someone from both clinics, mivf and monash (Lynn) and discuss with them my history and see what their approach would be to our situation.

The only thing that may make us stay at our current clinic is that I had a karotype test done on the product of conception from my last m/c so we are aware of what chromosome abnormalities are in our embryos, and the clinic tests for these abnormalities in their testing- they just don't test the whole 28.

When you say acidic vaginal mucous, does it sting, smell?? Sorry its not tmi I'm curious?

I work with a TCM lady and she said that my blood stagnates in areas as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick- Thanks for your info. Food for thought. Regarding the mucus, well sorry again for tmi, no it does not smell, its not thrush and I've had tests done, and all the thrush treatments "in case" it helps, nothing works. And here is the real gob smacker.... its so toxic that DH and I can only have intercourse every now and again, because I'm so acidic, I burn him. Yep, I even gave him tiny blisters. The doctor doesn't even know what it is. And yes, it sometimes stings like....bu**ery Its not a STD either, the doctor just shrugs. But I know its got something to do with my blood, diet maybe. Who knows, I've tried everything. Guess its just something I've got to live with.....

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick- Thanks for your info. Food for thought. Regarding the mucus, well sorry again for tmi, no it does not smell, its not thrush and I've had tests done, and all the thrush treatments "in case" it helps, nothing works. And here is the real gob smacker.... its so toxic that DH and I can only have intercourse every now and again, because I'm so acidic, I burn him. Yep, I even gave him tiny blisters. The doctor doesn't even know what it is. And yes, it sometimes stings like....bu**ery Its not a STD either, the doctor just shrugs. But I know its got something to do with my blood, diet maybe. Who knows, I've tried everything. Guess its just something I've got to live with.....
    That's horrible, it not only causes you to pursue ivf but affects your 'sexual relationship' with DH too, our bodies are just cruel at times!!! Thankyou for sharing this with us.

I wonder...sometimes with me, I sting and become quite sore during the month, I assume it's thrush but the treatments don't work and in the end I just put up with it for a week or so.. ( you have given me food for thought too)

Have you tried different diets and have they tested your mucous? ( if it can be done?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick and MARTTC- Thanks for your thoughts. Well my 'cause' of infertility is "unexplained infertility" well, so they say. The thing is, according to chinese medicine, I have stagnant blood and not enough good blood flow to the uterus. This makes sense to me, as sorry for tmi, but I also have very acidic vaginal mucus. I am positive this is what kills the tadpoles on their journey

But now, DH has a very limited count, almost nothing and the ones that are there barely move, so its not just me.

Due to my embryo's being fragile and not lasting long, I am thinking of have the genetic and chromosome testing done. If that is the case, so you still recommend Melbourne IVF, or is there someone at Monash that can do it?

I dont know why, but I always got the feeling that Melbourne were more professional than Monash, though Melbourne has recently made some pretty silly mistakes with me, one of which could have cost me a whole cycle, and I would have had to wait for the following month.
    Honestly I have to say, even with requiring testing Monash is the way to go! Honestly I'll be absolutely surprised if you can't get what you need from Lynn. She is so thorough & came highly recommended to me after failing to get absolutely anything out of Melbourne, I'm so happy Monash are finally providing answers to our infertility! therefore ways to overcome it..... I'm going to try find something Lynn gave me, it was an independent success chart, which has all the ivf clinic results... It shows Monash as the leader in Melbourne & Lynn said they would not be able to give it out, if it were not independently published.....

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also recommend Lynn Burmeister, she is lovely and very thorough. The other well known FS at Monash is Nick Logatis but I have never seen him.

I ended up getting my bfp on cycle 4 through mivf doing a day 5 transfer.

I feel the day 2 transfers were never going to work now, I did 3 2day transfers. Lynn told me 2 day embies should not be in the uterus at that stage, they should be in the Fallopian tube. The uterus apparently is a very different environment to the Fallopian tubes. Though some women do fall of using 2 day transfers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,Hope that you are all well. I'm back after being away in the UK for 6 weeks. Was great to see my family and friends and relax without thinking about the whole IVF stuff all the time. Only one downer was at a friends party when it felt like everyone was telling me that I should have another child soon as the age gap will be too big or that DS will be lonely or spoilt if I don't give hima sibling, managed to hold my tongue and not lose it, they don't know what we've been through after all. Other than that I think the time away has done me the world of good after all the disappointment earlier in the year with it not working. Tomorrow I have another appt with Lynn Burmeister and I guess we'll discuss how we will proceed from here. In some ways I feel stronger and ready to try again, in others I'm petrified that I'm beyond help and it still won't work. I've been thinking about you girls while I've been away, you have given me such strength and I admire each of you for all that you have been through and continue to go through to be able to offer support to others like myself, so thank you all. Much love, LF x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Feet View Post
    Hi Ladies,Hope that you are all well. I'm back after being away in the UK for 6 weeks. Was great to see my family and friends and relax without thinking about the whole IVF stuff all the time. Only one downer was at a friends party when it felt like everyone was telling me that I should have another child soon as the age gap will be too big or that DS will be lonely or spoilt if I don't give hima sibling, managed to hold my tongue and not lose it, they don't know what we've been through after all. Other than that I think the time away has done me the world of good after all the disappointment earlier in the year with it not working. Tomorrow I have another appt with Lynn Burmeister and I guess we'll discuss how we will proceed from here. In some ways I feel stronger and ready to try again, in others I'm petrified that I'm beyond help and it still won't work. I've been thinking about you girls while I've been away, you have given me such strength and I admire each of you for all that you have been through and continue to go through to be able to offer support to others like myself, so thank you all. Much love, LF x
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip, apart from all that baby talk pressure
    Have you seen Lynn before?
    You'll love her! I promise!
    I've changed over to her about 2 months ago....

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I also recommend Lynn Burmeister, she is lovely and very thorough. The other well known FS at Monash is Nick Logatis but I have never seen him.

I ended up getting my bfp on cycle 4 through mivf doing a day 5 transfer.

I feel the day 2 transfers were never going to work now, I did 3 2day transfers. Lynn told me 2 day embies should not be in the uterus at that stage, they should be in the Fallopian tube. The uterus apparently is a very different environment to the Fallopian tubes. Though some women do fall of using 2 day transfers.
    Yep, she told me 2 days were not good either. I also had 3 2 days and one bfp which ended. I'm hoping she might get me pregnant on clomid first but if not, I look forward to having 5 day transfers with Lynn.
    She just seems so knowledgeable & more than happy to share it x

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you interested..... Hope you can read the font

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012