Closed Thread
Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry Jez, I was hopeful that with the lap and hysteo it would be easy going for now on for you.

It's hard to come to terms with having no choice but to go down the path of ivf and seeing those words on paper.

I would take it one step at a time, think financially are you able to( upfront yes it costs a lot but you do get a fair bit back from Medicare within a couple of days) that's often how we do it, we scrimp and save as much as we can and then borrow from family what we don't have and then pay them back as soon as we get money back from Medicare.

DH said the other day why don't we have any savings and I turned to him and said because of ivf... He looked at me and said...hmmmm that would be the case. So it does take a strain financially.

I wouldn't even begin thinking about when enough is enough, you have enough on your plate to digest- I think you will know in yourself when that decision has to be made.

Have you thought about Chinese medicine? I was chatting with my Chinese lady yesterday and she has some stories of women with severe endo etc, and through acupuncture and herbs has been able to help them fall pregnant & regulate their cycles.

She even believes I could fall pregnant naturally but DH doesn't believe in all the voodoo **** and believes I'm being ripped off- so he won't take the herbs for his low sperm count, he is still happy for me to go as I'm so relaxed after seeing her. She was even ringing me while she was on holidays, I feel as though we are in this together. She said yesterday she will support me through the ivf and do things to compliment whether its a stimming cycle or frozen transfer.

I was in there the other day and there were two women who had already had a baby with her and were trying for number two, don't know their histories obviously though.

Take some time out to assess and to get a grip on everything you can, but I would be upfront with FS and state you want the whole shebang medication wise to give you the best chance, so your not on this roller coaster for too long.

Big hugs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    I'm so sorry Jez, I was hopeful that with the lap and hysteo it would be easy going for now on for you.

It's hard to come to terms with having no choice but to go down the path of ivf and seeing those words on paper.

I would take it one step at a time, think financially are you able to( upfront yes it costs a lot but you do get a fair bit back from Medicare within a couple of days) that's often how we do it, we scrimp and save as much as we can and then borrow from family what we don't have and then pay them back as soon as we get money back from Medicare.

DH said the other day why don't we have any savings and I turned to him and said because of ivf... He looked at me and said...hmmmm that would be the case. So it does take a strain financially.

I wouldn't even begin thinking about when enough is enough, you have enough on your plate to digest- I think you will know in yourself when that decision has to be made.

Have you thought about Chinese medicine? I was chatting with my Chinese lady yesterday and she has some stories of women with severe endo etc, and through acupuncture and herbs has been able to help them fall pregnant & regulate their cycles.

She even believes I could fall pregnant naturally but DH doesn't believe in all the voodoo **** and believes I'm being ripped off- so he won't take the herbs for his low sperm count, he is still happy for me to go as I'm so relaxed after seeing her. She was even ringing me while she was on holidays, I feel as though we are in this together. She said yesterday she will support me through the ivf and do things to compliment whether its a stimming cycle or frozen transfer.

I was in there the other day and there were two women who had already had a baby with her and were trying for number two, don't know their histories obviously though.

Take some time out to assess and to get a grip on everything you can, but I would be upfront with FS and state you want the whole shebang medication wise to give you the best chance, so your not on this roller coaster for too long.

Big hugs!!!
    Thanks Zacmick. FS did list all the medications he would put me on but o be honest I can't remember it all, there was a lot! Something along the lines of the pill, followed by a drug that suppresses my natural hormones, FSH and trigger and the progesterone and something else starting with C I think. He has encouraged me to get started making the appointments ASAP as there is a better chance following my lap. Trying to work out costs at the moment as they only list out of pockets costs after Medicare and private health and we do not have private health ( we are low income so have never seen the benefit of PHI for us)We have some money for the up front costs for the first couple of cycles but its scary how quickly that will disappear. The lap and hysto and biopsy have just cost $6000 already. We sold our house and are renting as the costs of fertility treatment and a mortgage were killing us and I wanted to take one time off work to spend with my 3 year old once we realized that there may not be another baby.
    As for Chinese medicine I am pretty open to most things, have tied acupuncture with my FSH cycles.
    How do you ladies manage all the appointments around working? I was planning to go back to work in a month or so, now I'm thinking I might be better off finding casual work.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like it could be clexane- a type of blood thinner.

Wow! That just makes me angry that any of us have to go through any of this. The financial strain is so hard.

I gave up work in January as it was getting too hard with all my appt and wanting to rest after transfers and EPU etc so now I do casual emergency teaching.

Honestly phi only helps at EPU and ( my d&c) with my clinic, everything else is medicare. Then I claim it back at tax time, and you get over the safety net very quickly, which you would be already.

Even if you looked at taking out only single cover for yourself, i suppose you would have the waiting period too.

I read on another thread the other day of someone accessing their superannuation due to them being depressed and developing anxiety over not having a child. Not sure how it happened but it did.

My FS is the same, pushing me to get back on the wagon as quickly as possible due to my curette and having a clean out- it definitely is suppose to help. More so in your case because of the endo.

Let me know if you want my Chinese ladies number xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Hi ladies
    So post op follow up from my lap and hysto today. Stage 4 severe endo everywhere and one area that had a huge mass ( which is the area that is still hurting 2 weeks postoperative) and my uterus was thickly adhered to my stomach wall. Prior to the lap FS said that he we should try without assistance for the first 3 months after the lap as it increases the chances. But today he said there was no point and to go straight to IVF. My Endo was severe and is likely o come back quickly so our best chance is to start IVF straight away. Seeing the words "medically infertile" on my consent form made my heart break. I thought I was prepared for this outcome but I'm not as ok with it as I first thought. IVF scares me. Chlomid made me feel super angry and FSH made me feel crap physically. Just the list of drugs the FS rattle off okay were enough to exhaust me. And then obviously there is the financial side and the " when is enough enough" mindset. Do we commit to just a couple of cycles.
    I feel so lost and upset at the moment.
    Sorry to hear that jez, all you can do us give it a go and see how u feel. U might not react as badly to the drugs as others do and you do have less reactions as u keep going through it. It is draining both physically and mentally and financially but worth it when it works. Try not to think too far into the future, take one day at a time. Hoping it all works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jetaime View Post
    Hey Girls! Im a Tas IVF patient, just quickly stopping by. We have Dr Barak from Melb IVF covering for our FS at the moment and he'll be doing my transfer next week. Does anyone have much experience with him? I have had one scan with him and he seems lovely but totally different from what Im used to. Im a bit nervous about a new FS......
    Thanks girls!
    I got pregnant with my transfer he did too (did eventually MC but that wasnt his fault). I found him to be a lovely man who gave me as much information as I wanted and had a lovely bedside manner. Goodluck.

Hi to everyone else. Im still checking in to see how you are going even if I dont really post much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, (me post)
    Home and recuperating from knee operation, app the cartilage tear was quite severe, so he is hoping that my pain will diminish. However he said overall my knee has deteriorated since last op in 2009 which he wants to discuss at post op apt- I wonder what that means??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, (me post)
    Home and recuperating from knee operation, app the cartilage tear was quite severe, so he is hoping that my pain will diminish. However he said overall my knee has deteriorated since last op in 2009 which he wants to discuss at post op apt- I wonder what that means??
    Hmm maybe further procedure required? Have u been doing a lot more physical activity since 2009? Rest up hun and look after yourself. P.s thanks for the number, I'll have to find out her hours, I do struggle with all the appointments working full time, it can get a bit much. Have a good weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by di1981 View Post
    Hmm maybe further procedure required? Have u been doing a lot more physical activity since 2009? Rest up hun and look after yourself. P.s thanks for the number, I'll have to find out her hours, I do struggle with all the appointments working full time, it can get a bit much. Have a good weekend.
    I have been working with a personal trainer, jogging on treadmill etc do that could have aggravated it, but I lost nearly 30 kgs which I thought would have helped ( have put 10 bk on due to ivf though)

He has already told me in the past that I will need knee replacements due to the damage in my knees- genetic (femur not formed correctly so knee cap doesn't sit properly) and years of basketball injuries with dislocations due to the femur. It was the 9th op today (combined) on my knees.
    Replacements you want done when your as old as possible, but due to the virtual non existence of cartilage in them he has spoken about doing a cartilage transplant in the past. When we did discuss this in 09, he said it was in the early stages and people were rejecting the cartilage, so he wasn't keen. I'm thinking there has been some advances and he wants to discuss this further.
    Although he knows I'm doing ivf, so he will realise that those type of intrusive operations will need to wait. As long as the pain goes from the current sore one and he has fixed it the best he could, and it doesn't give me daily grief- ill be able to manage.

Or maybe it could be advising me to loose more weight, as they may struggle with being pregnant..

I have my post op apt on Aug 7th, so will no more then.

Had to knock back 3 days of work next week too due to the operation, which was a bummer.

TCM- Maybe we could talk her in to seeing us where she use to work in Sunbury? I see her Tuesday, would you like me to ask about seeing us closer or even what hours she could do to fit you in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been working with a personal trainer, jogging on treadmill etc do that could have aggravated it, but I lost nearly 30 kgs which I thought would have helped ( have put 10 bk on due to ivf though)

He has already told me in the past that I will need knee replacements due to the damage in my knees- genetic (femur not formed correctly so knee cap doesn't sit properly) and years of basketball injuries with dislocations due to the femur. It was the 9th op today (combined) on my knees.
    Replacements you want done when your as old as possible, but due to the virtual non existence of cartilage in them he has spoken about doing a cartilage transplant in the past. When we did discuss this in 09, he said it was in the early stages and people were rejecting the cartilage, so he wasn't keen. I'm thinking there has been some advances and he wants to discuss this further.
    Although he knows I'm doing ivf, so he will realise that those type of intrusive operations will need to wait. As long as the pain goes from the current sore one and he has fixed it the best he could, and it doesn't give me daily grief- ill be able to manage.

Or maybe it could be advising me to loose more weight, as they may struggle with being pregnant..

I have my post op apt on Aug 7th, so will no more then.

Had to knock back 3 days of work next week too due to the operation, which was a bummer.

TCM- Maybe we could talk her in to seeing us where she use to work in Sunbury? I see her Tuesday, would you like me to ask about seeing us closer or even what hours she could do to fit you in?
    That would be great re TCM, sunbury is closer and less traffic going that way. Hopefully the pain subsides for u and u don't need the full reco yet, losing weight should have helped, 30 kilos is amazing! Even if u put some back, the meds don't help. It's taken me 9 months to lose 13 kilos, keep falling off the wagon But have a longgggggg ways to go yet. Anyways hope ur able to get some CRT days soon when ur recovered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by di1981 View Post
    That would be great re TCM, sunbury is closer and less traffic going that way. Hopefully the pain subsides for u and u don't need the full reco yet, losing weight should have helped, 30 kilos is amazing! Even if u put some back, the meds don't help. It's taken me 9 months to lose 13 kilos, keep falling off the wagon But have a longgggggg ways to go yet. Anyways hope ur able to get some CRT days soon when ur recovered
    I'll let you know after I see her Tuesday x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

di1981  (24-07-2012)