Closed Thread
Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Well I just went to the toilet and looks like af has arrived!!!! Soooooo devastated!!!! I feel so sad nothing in the world can cheer me up! I just don't get it :-(
    Muzzy is it really heavy and what's the colour? It could be an implantation bleed. You could still bleed and get a BFP, many women do bleed and have healthy babies. I know you never want to see blood ( I'm in that boat too) but in some women it's normal.
    You have your BT tomorrow which is good, so you will know one way or another {{{{big hugs}}}}
    However I think we ivf women have great intuition when dealing with our bodies and we often know things before we are told.
    Cry, yell, throw things it's ok to be angry and question everything as this whole process SUCKS!!! With all that said be kind to yourself too and take time to heal xxx
    P.s still wait for that BT result as you never know fx

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A me post:
    I got one of my BT results today from my GP I have haemochromatosis, which is that my body absorbs too much iron. It's genetic so now my family had to be tested too.
    I have to have my iron levels checked every 6 mths, if it gets too high I have to donate blood to get the iron levels back back to within normal levels. It's not too high ATM so it will just be monitored. It's mainly when your in your 50s+ problems can arise, so its a good thing it was found now.
    Gp said it could be affecting my infertility indirectly combined with my gluten intolerance, so it's something to tell FS on Tuesday.
    Also went and saw orthopaedic surgeon and I have a torn meniscus in my knee. Will see if the pain improves over the next few wks, if not I'm in for an arthroscope next month to have the knee cleaned up. GRR!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    A me post:
    I got one of my BT results today from my GP I have haemochromatosis, which is that my body absorbs too much iron. It's genetic so now my family had to be tested too.
    I have to have my iron levels checked every 6 mths, if it gets too high I have to donate blood to get the iron levels back back to within normal levels. It's not too high ATM so it will just be monitored. It's mainly when your in your 50s+ problems can arise, so its a good thing it was found now.
    Gp said it could be affecting my infertility indirectly combined with my gluten intolerance, so it's something to tell FS on Tuesday.
    Also went and saw orthopaedic surgeon and I have a torn meniscus in my knee. Will see if the pain improves over the next few wks, if not I'm in for an arthroscope next month to have the knee cleaned up. GRR!!
    WOW Sounds like your not having a good time! does gluten intolorence affect your fertility??

thanks for the post, it is heavy now wierd kinda red tho very dark i wish i was pregnant but i do no that im not :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    WOW Sounds like your not having a good time! does gluten intolorence affect your fertility??

thanks for the post, it is heavy now wierd kinda red tho very dark i wish i was pregnant but i do no that im not :'(
    I'm so sorry Muzzy!!!!

It can if your allergic to it, my grandmother had coeliac disease, I have just an intolerance. Had a BT about 4 yrs ago that said I had one of two antibodies but I could develop coeliac in the future if I didn't follow a gluten free diet. However it also affects me by migraines/ headaches, constant colds, bloating, depression and weight gain, so I follow a gluten free diet and lactose free ( to an extent it has similar side effects) and I feel 100% compared to what I use to. Average for me 5 yrs ago was 5 migraines a week or I could have been put in hospital for two weeks doped up on pethidine with a migraine- definitely not a happy healthy life.

Yeah I'm having a run of bad luck, but I'm happy for the BT results as its leading us in the right direction of finding out why I can't stay pregnant but the knee is a pain the BUTT!!

Have you got an appt with FS, maybe making that will help you move forward. I always find if I'm doing something like BT's, waiting on FS appts etc feels like I'm not wasting my valuable time and that I'm still moving forward to getting that BFP.
    Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have my blood test 2moro to confirm that I'm not pregnant :-( I will talk to nurse then to see what my next step is! I have fructose malabsorption I wonder if that effects my fertility...

Thanks
    Reviews
    New to this forum... But thought it might help to chat to people in similar situation. Hard to burden friends with my cont.negative results when they r pregnant or with babies. Had 2 failed cycles of IVF. Was supposed to b textbook bc it was my hubby with Azoospermia, so using donor. But looks like I have my own fertility issues. Going to try 1 art insem (only get 2 tries) next month. Then try 1 last cycle. Coping with everything most of the time but occasionally the reality of this not working hits me & I panic. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muzzy I would tell FS about the fructose malabsorption as you never know, maybe do some of your own research too.

Welcome mymatemax!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome mymatemax I think it's totally normal to feel anxiety after having a few cycles fail, try not to panic it doesn't work for everyone right away. I know so much easier said than done. I constantly get told its a numbers game. I'm currently in my 4th tww.

I also have fructose malabsorption which I forgot to mention to my dr last week, I think it is worth mentioning to your FS.

Muzzy sorry about your cycle, was this your first cycle?

Zakmick I'm having Karotype testing done as well, I'm nervous as well. Sorry about your knee, hopefully it settles down. Have you mentioned your food intolerances to LB? I have Psoriatic Arthritis which causes inflammation, I have to use Clexane next cycle if this cycle doesn't work. Maybe food intolerances can cause the same type of inflammation? She told me P.A inflammation can cause MC'S.

How are you going Marttc?
    Last edited by kmvw; 25-06-2012 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear muzzy, yeh sometimes you don't need to wait for the BT, u just know, even though u hear of women still being preg with bleeding u do get a feeling when it hasn't worked.

Zakmick how high was ur iron? My iron came up high a while ago then nothing more came of it, I'm wondering if I should get re-checked. Sorry about ur knee! What a pain, literally!

Kmvw- I have a few intolerances too, didn't think this could affect fertility, I should prob mention to my FS ... I'm a bit hopeless at staying away from things I'm not meant to have.

Welcome mymatemax, we all understand how u feel here, people not going through this just can't understand and it can be really difficult when they are all having kids. All the best with ur journey, try to stay positive.

Hope everyone is doing ok,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mymatemax View Post
    New to this forum... But thought it might help to chat to people in similar situation. Hard to burden friends with my cont.negative results when they r pregnant or with babies. Had 2 failed cycles of IVF. Was supposed to b textbook bc it was my hubby with Azoospermia, so using donor. But looks like I have my own fertility issues. Going to try 1 art insem (only get 2 tries) next month. Then try 1 last cycle. Coping with everything most of the time but occasionally the reality of this not working hits me & I panic. Anyone else in a similar situation?
    i no what u mean, i try talking to friends about my situation but i deff feel like they dont understand i love this forum it really does help!!!