Closed Thread
Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Marttc yes see her on the 21st looking forward to a different perspective

Lite sorry you didn't get any frosties

I have been quite stressed so don't know if I'm doing cycle 4 next week, guess i will have to decide Friday. Not sure if stress will effect the outcome? Also not sure whether to do a DET this time as I only have 2 grade 3, 2 day embies left.
    Hehe I'm on the 20th :-)

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I'm a newbie on here and was just wondering if someone could clarify something for me?

I've noticed people saying they have doen 4 or 5 cycles etc, does this mean full stim cycles or are FET's included as a cycle?

Sorry if this is a totally silly question!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Hi girls,

I'm a newbie on here and was just wondering if someone could clarify something for me?

I've noticed people saying they have doen 4 or 5 cycles etc, does this mean full stim cycles or are FET's included as a cycle?

Hmmm good question.... I use to think it was each transfer but I think it depends who says it & what their understanding is??

I've had 1 stim cycle & 2 transfers.... If we need to go again it will be another stim cycle.... But in some ways each transfer is a cycle?!

Now I'm confused :-/

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so confusing!
    Also I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Natural FET's? Is it still just as likely to stick without any extra support after the transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told it would take between 1 - 4 cycles to get pg. Cycles including both Stim and FETS, but I think all FS are different.

As for natural FETS, I think they are great if you have a regular cycle and are monitored properly. Genea in Sydney are currently suggesting FETs are better than fresh transfers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Hi girls,

Hi crafty and welcome,
    I go to MIVF and they say sucess usually within three cycles (for 80% of couples) but they mean full stimulated cycles so that is including all the frozen transfers you have after that, but of course each transfer is a cycle within itself too.

Sounds like heaps of you are seeing doctor Lynn, maybe I should look into it too, my guy is personality -less and doesn't tell me much.

Hope all are well, I haven't been on here much, enjoy the weekend TGIF tomorrow!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi crafty and welcome!
    I count cycles as full stimulated cycles and the others transfers.
    My last 3 FET have all been natural and i find them less stressful on the body.
    I actually prefer doing FET due to developing mild OHSS after egg pick up. So the last cycle I had all my embryos frozen, till my body had recovered.
    We were told like Di said, that couples usually get pregnant within 3 full stimulated cycles- which includes all your transfers from those cycles.

Di- no harm in making an app and seeing Dr LB, I couldn't get an app till July 26th. It is $250 for the consultation, but I'm over the safety net so I'll get fair bit back from Medicare I hope??

Marttc: yeah I'm feeling ok, I was told too about my blood not flowing correctly and pooling in wrong areas..I feel very relaxed after I see her. Did you have a transfer today??

Afm: going to see my orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, as my knee has been playing up...
    Last edited by Zakmick; 14-06-2012 at 23:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Zac, you sound similar to me, did she say why your blood was doing that?
    Yeah I had a transfer yesterday & because I think I might have a short letheal (can't spell) faze, I asked for progesterone support, fs prescribed pregnal x 2 injections.
    Hope that helps...

I find this stim cycle thing confusing, I'm with MIVF & I've had different nurses tell me it's about 1 in 4 transfers that result in a live pregnancy. It was even said to me the other day as I'm onto my 3rd transfer & the nurse said odds are on your side now I'm going with that

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc, Zakmick who do you both see for acupuncture? I have been going to a gp for acupuncture and I'm not sure he knows what he is doing:/

Afm i had extensive bt's done last week as my third cycle failed, FS thought there was a problem with implantation.

All tests are fine, but now FS wants to thaw my last two embryos and grow both to day 5 to rule out a problem with our embies If one doesn't thaw i will have a 2dt, but if they both thaw they will leave to grow to blast.

I feel sick that they will arrest, thinking this will probably eventuate. If they arrest I suspect we probably have major sperm DNA problems, hoping I'm just over thinking the situation.

I had a scan today for another natural FET, and I'm going to O early this time. Transfer mid next week if they don't arrest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Marttc, Zakmick who do you both see for acupuncture? I have been going to a gp for acupuncture and I'm not sure he knows what he is doing:/

Afm i had extensive bt's done last week as my third cycle failed, FS thought there was a problem with implantation.

All tests are fine, but now FS wants to thaw my last two embryos and grow both to day 5 to rule out a problem with our embies If one doesn't thaw i will have a 2dt, but if they both thaw they will leave to grow to blast.

I feel sick that they will arrest, thinking this will probably eventuate. If they arrest I suspect we probably have major sperm DNA problems, hoping I'm just over thinking the situation.

I had a scan today for another natural FET, and I'm going to O early this time. Transfer mid next week if they don't arrest
    I'm seeing one in Murrumbeena - let me know if you would like his details!!

If your testing came back clear, I think growing to day 5 could be good, even if something goes wrong then it's not a waste as they would not have made it anyway right?! That's how I would look at it, easier said than done I know....

Good luck ! X

Was that your 3rd transfer or stim cycle? I was lead to believe they say about one in 3 transfers but on another thread the girls were saying on in 3 stim cycles including all transfers?!?

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST