Closed Thread
Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies,

I would like to join you all here. I am currently undergoing my first IVF cycle and may need the advice from some of you at times, and maybe some calming occasionally. I have seen some of your journeys over the past two months and see that from all the ups and downs you are all supportive of one another and this seems like a great thread to join.

So, hello. Glad to be with you on the journey.
    Last edited by wunsi; 08-06-2012 at 09:25. Reason: grammar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. After the last BFN I just needed to withdraw and try to come to terms with it all. I hope it's ok for me to just drop back in and fill you in on what's been happening.

I changed FS to Dr Lynn Burmiester and had my first appt with her on Thurs. She took a completely different approach to my last FS who she feels may have rushed us into IVF too early just based on AMH levels. Dr B said that she first wanted to check I had no scarring from my previous emergency c-section, or any other blockages. She booked me in for a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on Friday. After the surgery she told me that everything looked good, no signs of polycystic ovaries or endometriosis. No scarring or blockages. She flushed me out with some dye too and said that I should be a lot more fertile now. We are going away soon and not back until mid August, she said that she would send me an appointment for when we're back but would hope that we would now be able to conceive naturally. I hope that she's right. There's a part of me that doesn't belive it could be that easy after all we have gone through. I feel like she has given me back some hope though. I am so glad I changed Dr, she really listened. I know that Kmvw is also going to see her so I hope you have a good experience with her too.

Will have to catch up on what the rest of you have been up too as I have not been on BH for so long. Hope all is well with you all to all xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Littlefeet I'm glad things went well with Lynn, I actually cannot wait to see her next week. My FS doesn't listen so I'm looking forward to seeing her, I don't want to waste time as I'm finding it so emotionally draining now but I'd be happy if she ran some tests as I've never had any other tests done other than bloods. After three cycles I don't want to waste anymore time, it's not the money but the emotional aspect I'm starting to struggle with.

Have a lovely holiday

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls I'm booked in to see Dr Lyn late July, just as in case app. I have an app with current FS next week and depending what arises from that app will depend if I keep my app with Dr LB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Di, Lyn is at Monash, we are thinking of switching from Mivf. I don't mind mivf but I think I need a second opinion from a totally different clinic.

I haven't had my beta, I ended up cramping and spotting for four days before AF arrived. Did she arrive, worst one I've ever had. Nurses seem to think it could of been implantation but I doubt it.

I'm wondering if it was because I started acupuncture last month. Has anyone had acupuncture and did it cause a problem with your cycle. I have had the worst spotting, cramping and heavy bleeding for a very long time. I'm a little frightened to go back for my next cycle of acupuncture.

Spoke to FS about my shorter cycles, FS seems to think my cycles are fine even though I have never had levels checked between the Luteal Phase. I'm not so sure, but you have to try and trust their expertise. Will be having bloods taken tomorrow to check for any other problems. No idea what they are, apparently a standard after 3 failed cycles.

Will be doing another Natural FET this month, FS asked if I wanted a break. I don't see the point in a break. Most likely will do a det this time as we only have 2 grade 3 embies left before I seek another FS opinion.

How is everyone else going?
    Hey, is this Lyn Burmister @ Monash ? I'm booked into see her on the 20th of this month...

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's the one Marttc!!
    So a few of us are off to see her...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, first time posting on this thread but I've been lurking and saw some familiar names, so thought I would show myself

I've got a referral to see Dr LB at Monash as a back-up/second opinion, but for now I'm happy with my MIVF FS even though the stim cycle we just did was our best in terms of egg numbers (14) but the worst in terms of fert (2). No frosties either which is devastating. PUPO now, but if we have to go again, we'll be doing ICSI despite being "normal"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc yes see her on the 21st looking forward to a different perspective

Lite sorry you didn't get any frosties

I have been quite stressed so don't know if I'm doing cycle 4 next week, guess i will have to decide Friday. Not sure if stress will effect the outcome? Also not sure whether to do a DET this time as I only have 2 grade 3, 2 day embies left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Marttc,

Just tried to PM you but your inbox is full. This is what I was sending you..

'Hey thought I would let you know I started working with a Chinese medicine lady in Brunswick, she is a little bit closer than the other one.
    She has a reputation for making babies stick etc..
    Started last week and I have been having cupping, massage, acupuncture and I'm taking lots of herbs. She told me my body is damp, so no cold drinks etc. it was really interesting talking to her..
    Have you started yet with Bill?'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, thanks for that... Better delete them haha!!

Yes, I started last Saturday, I've been told to avoid chives, mango, pineapple & chilled drinks - including raw fruit & veggies.

He said my period is not right for someone my age, that my blood is in all the wrong places in my body & that western medicine would say I'm anemic, which was freaky because I had a blood test a while back & the gp told me I was borderline anemic)
    Also I'm so built up with anger etc that I'm producing to much heat

He also told me so much about my personality - it was bizzare..... He said I really need to relax, sleep, eat & **** were his words..... He said stop over thinking everything & worrying! Let things go.....

He also said my memory would be so bad at the moment, he was correct.. He said my vision wouldn't be good - he was correct!!!! I got glasses for tv & driving about 6 months ago!!!!!

It was like he knew everything by looking at my face, tongue & pulse!?

I'm off for a transfer into the city now, then straight to the acupuncturist!

I'm feeling really positive! :-)
    How are you feeling?

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (14-06-2012)