Closed Thread
Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kmvw, June last year I had a fresh transfer and then my last 3 transfer have all been FET, I have got positives from all of them. 2 FET were 5 dt and this cycle was my first recent 3 dt ( I did two 3 dt in 2006 and 2009 both were bfn)
    FS says to me that it is a numbers game too, finding the right embie to stick! This time though I was put on steroids for 5 days from transfer to help strengthen the lining, cross fingers this had worked, as I had been discussing with him about nk cells.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting do you have any immune problems? I did ask FS about nk cells as I have Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis and a range of allergies. I got the impression from FS not enough research has been done to suggest it actually exists?

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am gluten and lactose intolerant - I follow a coeliac diet. I was discussing with him that I have no issue falling pregnant ( through ivf not naturally) but hanging on to them is where I struggle and I was questioning whether it could be NK cell related. I was doing some readings and he said rather than put me through further testing for nk cells ( and he again doesn't believe there is enough evidence yet but was willing to do this because I was keen) he would put me on the medication as if I did have them. He said to me it's controversial, that there is no solid evidence to prove when you should have the steroids but in his opinion it would be the first 5 days of transfer. So I am a bit of guinea pig, but I don't mind if it helps science and others that are being treated by him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not going to hurt you chances if you are on the medication, it's better to be proactive Glad you have found a good FS.

I feel your pain with diets! I'm fructose intolerant and it's so hard to follow since most food contains sugar or natural sugars

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep he said with short term use there should be no side effects, i just had trouble sleeping and had a few headaches.
    I really do like my FS he always listens to me and has something up his sleeve.
    I more stay away from gluten, and if I'm drinking straight milk (cereals, cup of tea or cream on a dessert) I'll have lactose free, otherwise it doesn't affect me too much if it's cooked with.
    I think fructose and dairy are the hardest to follow, as you said there in a lot of foods, society are more attuned with gluten free these days so I don't struggle too much.
    Last edited by Zakmick; 17-04-2012 at 14:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just back from transfer with 2 x 3 day (10 cell) embies on board. FS was very happy with the quality. so daring to dream again. 11 days to BT

Zakmick, what DPO were you when you did your first HPT? I normally can't do anything before day 12

Leannep, just be careful with antacids or heartburn stuff, something in my memory is telling me that you have to be careful with some of them when pregnant. Maybe check with Pharmacist first. I think Peppermint tea is safe.. it works for me when I have a bit of a stomach upset.

Still got a boomer of a headache and cold/flu symtoms damn it. Have to work tomorrow and Friday, but will be resting as much as possible in between.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

Leannep  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats alittleray yahoo how exciting 10cells puts mine to shame lol rest up and look after yourself

Zakmick and kmv I have been tested for killer cells and have them and my cycle no 4 I did My new fs treated me for it and I got a hcg reading but just very low so I think it was a chemical preg. In the states they test everyone for killer cells as its very common for woman that have multi mc. I am on steroids and also he does what they call an introlipid drip before transfer and if I fall pregnant I have to have it again. There are not may fs here that believe in it but I do so i found a doc that does(recommended by my accupunturist who has also worked in the USA) Ivf is amazing but we in Australia seems to be a lot slower that USA with bringing these things in as standard!!! Anyway enough waffle from me. Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey!
    I was writing this all wrong but I know now, the 1st positive I got was 9 dpo or 6dpo3dt but it was so faint!! Then from then on it got darker.
    My best reading is today 10dpo3dt or 13 dpo... However you usually read your days!!

AFM: spoke to clinic today, they want me to BT tomorrow, so nervous but excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick, woohoooo!!!! BT tomorrow, I'm so excited for you. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow zakmick!!