Closed Thread
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mom2oneDS- Great news! Had been checking in to see how you were going. Are you going to bother repeating BT? Those numbers look nice and high

Leanne- good luck with your fertilisation results. Hope you're feeling OK and can take it easy for a day or two

Welcome to Ivy and Littlefeet

Bon Voyage to Zacmick! Hope you have a lovely time...

Jack- How did that drink go down?! The last little bit was hardest for me. I think it's made to actually induce diabetes!! Lucky you didn't have to do the 2 hour test, apparently that's even worse and involves 3 BTs

Mummyplease- Wow! Congratulations! You must be in shock The same thing happened to my SIL after IVF, and she ended up with 2 under 18 months. So nice that you hopefully won't ever have to get back on the IVF roller coaster...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vesper For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep, don't be disheartened 6 is good! I have two girlfriends who went through IVF, one only got one egg and still fell pregnant, the other got 2 eggs and had twins. There is no lucky number, some people can get 15 and only one fertilise.. like me first IVF cycle . It's hard to do, but try not to pay too much attention to numbers. I have everything crossed for you that fert rates will be good.
    Mum2One, that's wonderful news , can't wait to hear how your scan goes... how far along are you, I could see heartbeat at 6 week scan and hear it at 8 week scan.

Welcome Littlefeet and Ivy and Congratulations to Mummyplease

Jacklicky, how did your diabetes test go?

Happy cruising Zakmick

AFU, have been flat chat. I had my first day of placement at a daycare centre in the nursery (I'm studying Cert III in Children's services) and it was a real eye opener. Those women work so hard... they really don't get paid enough. I worked bl**dy hard too. I seemed to be the pacifier for all the new screaming bubbas, so despite it not being practice to constantly pick the little ones up, because they were new it was important to settle them. I managed to do quite well to my surprise, so ended up with four little ones crying and putting arms out for me to pick them up. Heart breaking, but also very rewarding being able to calm and settle them. I was absolutely exhausted end of day and my arms and legs were so sore the following couple of days. It's all been a great distraction from the 2ww though. Coping better this time. One more week to go til D day or BT day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I am so excited I couldnt even catch a nap, simple cannot sleep.

Alittleray, my nurse said she will arrange scan 2-3 weeks time. Do I count from AF start day with IVF? Mine AF was on 15 Jan. Does that make me 6 weeks already? I really cant wait for scan just to see where it is/they are.

Vesper, my next BT is next Tues, sounds like a really long time does it? I thought it would nearer.

Leannep, yes I totally agree with littleray. I seem to feel that more may not mean better quality. Actually to side-track, I was observing nature a lot lately and found that when fruit trees are thinned of too many fruits, the remaining fruits actually became bigger and better. I feel it can certainly apply to our eggs! That is why this round I requested lower dose and get fewer eggs but hoping it can be quality. Certainly fert rate improved when i get fewer eggs (1st cycle 4 out of 5, 4th cycle 3 out of 3) compared to cycle 2 (6 out of 11) and cycle 3 (4 out of 11).

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow lots of congratulations are in order mummy please and mom2oneds 🎉🎉🎉🎉 I'm so excited for you both..

Leannep: 6 are great, quality over quantity!!!

Hi to newcomers!!👋👋👋

Afm: I'm all packed, can't wait to get in the boat and leave.. Just been knocked for a six, the young girl who we are having live with us and her 6 mth old bub has just told me she is pregnant...I feel sick in the gut, my head us spinning and I feel numb...don't know what to do????the guy is a TOOL...
    I'm supposed to be so excited about my trip and I am but this is going to play on my mind..an 18 yr old with 2 kids under 16 mths..
    I'm so angry 😡as I write this I'm going through so many emotions...selfish ones and disbelief...
    If they move in here still- what am I taking on??? 😖😖😖😁😠😣
    Sorry girls.....😢

Sent from my iPhone 🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh zakmick you poor thing that is gut wrenching its a huge call now if they move in you may need to think about it as that is going to put a lot of pressure on you and pd go and have a wonderful cruise(I'm so jealous) take care of just the two of you thinking of u heaps enjoy this wonderful trip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick, I cant believe this has happened. She actually allowed herself to get pregnant again so soon. Sorry but I feel this is so irresponsible of her. And you have been such an angel to her. You are really amazing lady. It is so unjustifiable and she could have waited to tell you after your trip. I think this news really ruin it all. I am not sure if I can be that generous as you.

My sister is a single mum witth a 4YO and last year she got herself pregnant again. It is like your story here. And she had twins! Not that we are not happy with any pregnancy, but we felt she repeated her mistake again, no self-control...and the people around her are the ones bearing her consequences esp mum who has to be the one taking care of her babies and she is still living with my parents and depend a lot on them.

I hope you and DH spend some time for yourselves and not think about this, though it is going to be hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got the call 5 fertilized out of the 6 which is good now I just have to wait they want to do a 5 day transfer on Saturday so here's hoping some make it to Saturday!!! I have everything crossed

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, had little sleep last night. Landed in Sydney on way to circular quay now to board ship.
    I agree I wish she told me afterwards too..,
    Trying not to dwell its done now, but geez I agree irresponsible...
    See you in 10 days..
    🎉👗🍻🍸
    Leanne: yay for 5 fertilised, you will be halfway through your 2ww wen I jump on next 🍀🍀

Sent from my iPhone 🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep, that's an awesome result!!! FX for Saturday.

Mum2one, yes date is taken from first day of AF with IVF too, so you would be about 4 weeks if AF started Jan 15, so you will be approx 6 weeks at scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcomes

Leannep - Yay! That's a great result. I have my EPU tomorrow but not expecting many eggs so hope I also get a good result like you.

Mom2OneDS - I replied to you in the other thread but will say congratulations again, really is fantastic news. I am with Melb IVF.

Alittleray - Hope the next week goes quickly for you for a BFP.

Zakmick - Sorry to hear what you are going through at the moment. Hope you can put it aside and relax on your break.

to all