Closed Thread
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woowoo, I would be making your appointments now. If you actually want to start the IVF treatment in March you will need them done earlier. I had to wait about 6wks for my appointments (I did all three on the same day). Dr Gronow was always pretty easy to get an appointment to see but the 3 appointments are with MIVF and they aren't quite as quick.... And no, transfers for me weren't painful...a little uncomfortable when putting the clamp in but that was it.....most people describe it like having a pap smear....

Zakmick, it would be hard after working so hard for so long to all of a sudden have nothing to 'stress' about. I hope that your body is just getting into baby ready status for your cruise.... I actually stopped thinking and working out due dates in the end. I was so scared after all my MC that I just didnt want to know in the end....but they were still sad times.....hope you find are able to do something in the next week or so to get into a better headspace.

I'm thinking of you both too alittleray and mum2oneds.....

Vesper I'm going ok. I feel absolutely huge at the moment and the heat is really not helping. Having a winter bubs last time I didn't get this side effect. I just feel sick all the time from the heat.... How are you going? When do you finish up at work? I have 8wks left still (only 30days) but i just hope for slighlty cooler weather while I have to catch the train.....

Hi to everyone else.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacklicky it must be hard in this weather being preggers as I know how much I'm hating it just on the meds I spoke to my accupunturist yeastetday and she said it heats your body by about 8-10 degrees so I can't imagine how you are feeling

Alittleray and mum2oneds I have everything crossed for you both

Zakmick good luck for tomorrow I can't wait to hear how you go

Hello to everyone else and I hope your staying sane!!

Afm I'm off for another scan tomorrow morning Friday I had 17 follies all a bit small but the good news was my lining was at 7mm which means the bleeding hadn't affected it so I was relieved I'm hoping this is a good haul for me as I'm not quite sure how many more I can do?? This round I have been on the highest amount of drugs and extra ones and I just cry if someone looks at me sideways which is not good It's also really crappy time at work as I'm normally out on the road but my boss is away for 5 weeks and I have to go in and do his job so no freedom to relax when I need it. Oh well that's me in a nut shell today hoping for gr8 news tomorrow and maybe collection on thurs or Friday???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacklicky- 6 weeks to go at work for me! I'm starting to stress about how DH and I will survive on one income for 6-12 months, but I guess we won't be going out much and will just have to watch what we spend I might actually have to do a budget, which I hate, lol.

Good luck for tomorrow's scan, Leanne. Sounds good so far

So glad the cool change has finally hit!! That wind this morning was awful...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vesper I think you just do survive....I was working full time when I had DD and I was on a pretty good wage. I pay the whole mortgage and 1/2 the bills...When I went on mat leave last time I made sure I had enough to pay the mortgage (combination of work mat leave payment and the baby bonus) and then DH had to take over all the bills. I certainty didn't have much spare cash and i walked heaps of places (it was summer) and would just take $5 with me if I walked to the shops just so I couldnt waste money. I made sure we had 'spending money' each week incase we wanted to do something but just didnt waste it....I didnt really budget just became more aware of what I was spending money on. Even when I went back to work I went back part time and still managed to do IVF (and associated costs without really going backwards too much).

Loving the cooler weather. We have started trying to toilet train DD overnight...she is fully trained in the day but has had nappies on at night. She is never dry in the morning but said she wanted to try. Well first night she was dry....last night an accident. Poor baby gets so upset but we will keep trying. Gotta love those plastic backed mattress protectors though!

Hi to everyone.

Leanne, hope your follies have grown for you over the weekend. 17 is a fantastic number!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep, 7mm lining is perfect! 17 follies is perfect! Hope it is 17 great eggs! I see that your fert rate has always been very good. Awesome! Try to relax as much as you can even though workload is really heavy this time with your boss away. Grow follies grow!!!

Jack, yes those mattress protectors are god-sent, fantastic inventions! DS has a couple of accidents but the protector really worked. I lay it under the bedsheet so it wont shift around when he sleeps. If there is an accident, just replace the bedsheet and wash the protector if it gets too full. I think I have only washed it thrice so far, pretty much fuss-free.

Vesper, I actually wanted to ask you about PGD at MIVF. If I did not remember wrongly, you used it? Did you get all 23 sets of chromosomes tested or just one for the balanced translocation? DId you test fresh day 5 embryos? Do you know if they have embryo banking ie freeze embryos of eg. 2-3 cycles and then PGD all of them one go after thawing them? Thanks.

Alittleray, how ya going hun?

AFM : GOt news that our 3 embie didnt get frozen, not suitable...though ready for this news but still bummed. COnfidence a bit shaken about the two in me tummy working. Pessimistic monster rearing its ugly head again. One week down in my 2WW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mum2oneDS keep the positive vibes Hun its important for u to be positive I know it's hard but it's gotta help you bugger about no frosties well you won't need them as one is already sticking in there I'm sure

Afm I had another scan this morning and I was a bit disappointed only 3 follies at 12mm but they are all still growing ok just slow!!! Is it your progesterone level they check with the bt?? As he said that's really good so back for a scan again Thursday and may be sat or Monday for collection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vesper and jack how are u both??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi leannep, thanks for your words....I am feeling much better now. The BTs check your E2, P4 and LH levels. Your nurse can tell you the levels if you chase...mine will say they are ok but I always ask for the numbers.

E2 tells us about follicle/egg growth, more is good sign but not over 11000. P4 should be as low as possible before EPU but not sure what exactly is good. I think mine was below 2 before EPU. P4 is for lining growth. LH is for ovulation and it has to be as low as possible before EPU or there is risk of premature ovulation. I almost that this scare this round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mom2oneDS- PGD was something that can definitely be used for DH's issue (and I know plenty of ladies on my BT support group who have tried it), but we didn't go down that path as we weren't getting enough day 3 embryos to make it worth the money. The embryo banking might have been worthwhile though, I'm not sure if MelbIVF do it? Our 1st FS (at MelbIVF) thought there might be some kind of 'self selection' going on (i.e. the chromasomally abnormal ones weren't making it very far, in theory). If I was getting heaps of embryos I think I would have gone with PGD it could have saved us multiple FETs of 'unbalanced' embies, but we only had one frozen embie in 4 cycles (out of 46 eggs!).
    My second FS (at CFC) said he had mixed emotions about PGD as he felt that the process itself might cause damage to an otherwise normal embryo, so he felt we were better off just chancing it with untested embies. And he was right

I know how hard it is to get that news about the other embies not making it to the freezer but stay positive: my last cycle we got 16 eggs, 15 fertilised, 10 day 3 embies but only 1 day 5 blastocyst! And that was my BFP. Good luck

Leanne- I hope Thursday's scan shows some good growth And thanks for asking: I'm going good!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vesper For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2One stay positive!!... you have two beautiful embies on board that will be snuggling in tight. Lot's of positive vibes coming your way

Leannep, grow follies grow!!.... you'll only be a week behind me after EPU.. we can share at least 1 week of the 2ww together.

Vesper, noticed your comment about the amnio... just curious, but how did you find it. Was it uncomfortable/painful? Nice to know your little one hasn't had the same problem passed on.

Zakmick, thinking of you . Cruise not far away, so hopefully some happier and fun times ahead.

AFM, 2 embies on board and one frozen. Now that god awful 2WW.