Closed Thread
Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mum2One, egg haul for me on that dose varies greatly. 1st time EPU was day 13 and 15 eggs retrieved, 2nd cycle cancelled due to too few follies, 3rd cycle EPU was day 11 with 6 eggs collected and my last cycle EPU day 15 and 9 eggs collected..... and this cycle waits to be seen. Best of luck for Saturday

Leeannep, so glad it all worked out ok in the end. Big sigh of relief.

AFM, Scan tomorrow - day 8 so will be interesting to see how we've gone this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 2 stims, I got 18 eggs first time then 11 on the second round. I am hoping with a big break that I will get a few more than 11.

Alitteray - I have my for a good egg haul!

I saw the FS on Wednesday and he spoke to the scientist and they can test the 23 pairs of chromosomes as well as PGD but it will cost another 3000!! So 6,000 in total for testing plus the other costs. I also don't get any of that back from Medicare! As my DH pointed out it is not worth spending 3000 testing two embryos and they are no good. Might as well chance it. We need at least 5 to pass PGD first. But the chances of that happening are very slim.

To throw another spanner in the works the FS seems to think that I have PSCOS with the high number of polyps on my ovaries and irregular cycles and no ovulation. Also, this is week 6 and still no ovulation or any sign of it happening soon. My egg measures at 16mm but my lining is really thin. Only 4.3mm. Thin lining has not happened to me before. I seem to ovulate really late but my lining still does the right thing. As my lining is very thin I have been spotting quite a bit. It has stopped now.

I think I have no chance of conceiving naturally. Well the FS told me that it would be very hard. My body seems to respond well to the drugs though!

We have decided to do 2 stim cycles a year until we get a BFP! One reason is the cost and the other is emotional well being. But I am still dreaming of living and working in London! It maybe too hard for DH and his work though. Ah, well we can dream!

How was everyones Australia Day? We had a family BBQ and went to the Mornington Park and watched some awesome fireworks go off! Much better than the South Bank fireworks on NYE'S!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi, do you mean follicles in your ovaries or polyps? I understand that PCOS ladies show a high no of follicles and they dont tend to ovulate on their own. My friend had this condition too, it is not uncommon but with medical intervention (not IVF), she went on to have two boys. She was also quite young. She had ectopic pregnancy the first round and had her tube removed. I am not sure about lining though. I think you do have a lot of challenges to work over but it is good to hear that there is this sense of positiveness in your post.

6K for all the testing is indeed massive. I know my DH and I will opt out of it if it were him. It all depends on how big this dream is to each of us.

Littleray, thanks for letting me know your responses on this dose. It is quite a varied outcome indeed. I wonder about tomorrow.

AFM : We didnt go anywhere on Australia Day, just stayed at home and watched tennis. DH has diarrhea and fever previous night and yesterday, I was a bit worried that he about his sample tomorrow. I feel a bit down today I am not sure why. I hate feeling this way. I think it is becos I dont know what to expect tommorrow. I think I coped better for last few pre-EPUs. Before yesterday I was stil feeliing relaxed. I am already feeling anxious before EPU and ET and 2WW. Looking at mysef, I think many of you ladies are really strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

I'MMMMM BBAAAAAAACK!!

Some ladies may remember me from last year IVF cycles, we luckily had a very good miracle bub "N" and are now going for number 2! Yes, I am nuts, we have a business that employs over 40 contractors, DH is about to be made redundant, we have a 6 month old and I am about to try and get knocked up ~ again ~

Hope to get to know everyone a lot more, the month I got UTD the other ladies from here who also were lucky IVF'ers 18 of us have stuck around in FB group and have had a blast of getting to know each other from around Australia including flying interstate to meet others (it's awesome having friends like that)

Anyway, I don't know how much I will check in here, but I will do my best, happy to help where I can too!!

BUBBY DUST TO US ALL~~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi muM2OneDs
    Hun don't be too hard on yourself I go through that some days I'm great on the injections but then other times I am an emotional basket case so don't worry your not the only won we are here for you and you know we are good listeners when you vent: hay I even had a tear today driving home from work and it's only day two of the meds!!! I'm actually quite scared this time as I'm on so many extra drugs that I am going to be more teary but I gotta do it as a baby is all I have ever wanted in my life and I'm going to get there just like you are I will have everything crossed for you tomorrow that you get a good haul or just a few fantastic ones my cycles have been a bit weird the first two cycles I got ten each time with ten fertilizing and three making it to day five so got 6 transfers out of those two. The third cycle I only got 5 and they transfer 2 at day 3 and froze one at day 4 which I know in my heart it was no good so anything can happen keep your chin up and you will make it good luck tomorrow will be thinking of you

Alittleray when is your egg collection??? How are you going??

Pippi I have great hopes that your next cycle is the one I had a great aust day we went to the balancing races and it was great I bet hour fireworks were good everyone says they are great down there

Hi jacklicky and zackmik I hope your both going well??

Thanks
    Reviews
    JACKLICKY - I have tears in my eyes, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Greenapple, nice to see you back here....well you know what I mean.... Hope DS is being good for you but I assume he must be if you are back already. Hope this time around is a short and sweet journey for you.
    My birth group when I had DD is still together and we had a massive meetup on the Gold Coast when the bubs were 1yr old....It was the best time! Cause my DH works for the airlines I fly alot so have had heaps of chances to catch up...one of the best parts of these types of forums.

Mom2OneDS, I think we all have that feeling from time to time....life just seems so unfair and all too much. Hope today brings you some goon news and you can start feeling a little better once the epu is over....

Hi to everyone else....too hot to type much more....I cant wait for some cooler weather next week!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi greenapple!!👋, welcome back but as Jack said lets hope it's short and sweet.

Mom2oneds: cheer up chicky, everyday is a step closer xx

Leannep: I cried on and off throughout my last cycle. DH would just give me a cuddle and bring the box of tissues, as neither of us new why I was upset, we blame it on those Hormones!!!

Pippi: definitely a more positive post to read, I think we all have to think financially of what we are able to do, DH and i keep avoiding the talk at the moment as I think my emotional state will be the decider..

Jack and Vesper: girls you would be feeling the heat, make sure your somewhere cool.

Hi to anyone I have missed!!

AFM: I have my godson and his mum over, he is 6 mths and she is 18, been here a week she has been fighting with her bf. but it is so much fun having a bub in the house.,
    Counting down to the cruise..come on feb 14th!!!

Sent from my iPhone 🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hi Greenapple!

Zakmick, it is so obvious how much you love children.

Thanks ladies for your words! It is horrible to feel helpless. I guess I do need to learn to let go and not try to be in control all the time.

AFM : Well we had a scare this morning. I woke up took my temp and it has shot up showing ovulation. I took temp this whole cycle and for some natural cycles and it is pretty accurate. I kept waking up last night cos I felt very obvious twinges on my left ovary and I was so fearful that I could have ovulated prematurely. My LH on Wed BT was quite high (14) and my FN made me do an extra orgalutran.

We went to clinic earlier and my FN was there and we requested to do an US just to make sure everything was ok. The sonographer wasnt sure if I have ovulated or not! She said one large follicle on my left ovary looked a bit different. It could be I am on the verge of ovulation or have just done so. Well DH said if the cycle was cancelled we would BD at home haha and have triplets! After speaking to the FS who's doing my EPU, FN said it should be fine.

On the operating table while the anaethesia was given, I swear I was so emotional I told myself I am not going to go through this another time!!! When I woke up I didnt feel too bad (the last EPU hurt and the last GA needle for my lap/hyst hurt like hell), suddenly I feel strong again!!! Haha, what a rollercoaster ride!

We were expecting 4 or less eggs but we got 5. I wont know the fert rate till Mon since tml is Sun. Oh gosh another anxious wait, I must distract myself properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi greenapples welcome back

Mum2oneDS that's good you got more than you expected I have everything crossed that lots fertilize for you

Hi everyone else I hope your keeping cool I have roped a friend into the movies at Southland tonight as that will be nice and cool