Closed Thread
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's crap my friend had that happen to her at melb Ivf not happy!! I have everything crossed that af stays away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2One, that's really poor form. Have you seen the FS once already? I'm with Melbourne IVF and have done 4 rounds of Antagonist. If you haven't already, I would try and contact the nursing team and explain the situation and they may be able to arrange everything to be ready for you to pick up without seeing the FS. I would give it a try and just be pushy... nice pushy. They should be able to do that for you and when I have done Antagonist I wasn't required to start injections until day 3. You can work something out with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittleray, thanks. This appt today is my first with this FS. I had done one cycle with MiVF but that was between 2009-2010 but as a public patient. Now I want to go back as a private patient so do I not need to see this FS to do the necessary arrangements before starting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Looks like our December stim cycle didnt work - need to have BT tomorrow to confirm but pretty sure. We will prob arrange to do FET in late Feb early march. This is a 6 day expanded blast so heres hoping. My clinic is good though CFC and rung me today to see if I had the BT since I was meant to do it on 30 December but were away in NZ on holidays.

I have also just tallied up all of our IVF and OOP expenses and medicare rebates over the past 2 years - OMG is all I say. Thank goodness for the medicare rebate but isnt it crazy what we pay for!! No wonder our house deposit isnt growing at a rapid pace.

Quick question - we have now had 4 transfers and 1 MC 1 chemical and other 2 failed transfers - all at 3 days. I know it is a numbers game but do you think it worth getting FS to run additional tests to see if there is any implantation failure or see what happens with the 6 day FET? Last time we had better fertilisation rates because of the biopsy and FS says it is a numbers game and said last time at the review that it will happen as we have gotten pregnant before.

Also how much COW10 do you ladies take? I have been taking 150mg daily but read somewhere that anything under 300mg doesnt do anything? DH has also been taking 150 mg daily.

Hope everyone has a good night. Off to watch an episode or three of the Kardashians and make hubbie sit through it as well.

Little ray - congrats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals, can I ask for those who uses Melbourne ivf as a private patient, who does your scans during a fresh cycle leading up to OPU? FS or fn? I ask cos I realise they have a few clinics unlike monash ivf and the FS runs several clinics. I wonder if the FS are the ones doing the scans won't I need to travel very far eg east Melbourne depending on where my fs is on my scan day? I prefer Boxhill or mt waverley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2one, I'm not sure what going in as a public patient means, but if you have yet to meet your new FS then you may struggle. If AF doesn't arrive tomorrow, then you may scrape in this month... I would still ring the nursing team for your new FS (before 3pm and stay on the line rather than leave a message) and just explain the situation to see if they can help at all. Worth a try at least. I have done 5 cycles with 2 different FSs and they both did all the scans... the nurses don't do any scanning at MIVF just blood tests.

AFM, 2nd POAS at 13dpo and the line is definately darker....

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh alittleray, I have everything crossed 🍀🍀🍀🙏🙏🙏

Sent from my iPhone 🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi midnite I saw u were asking about Q10 and I take 600mg up until the transfer then drop down to 150mg I got this from my acupuncturist I hope that helps
    Mum2oneds can I ask we're u at monash Clayton or somewhere else? Cause I'm at Clayton and I though you were there but I have the sonographer do mine not the nurse? Maybe different fs do it differently???

Alittleray I'm excited for you can't wait till Monday

Hi to everyone else I hope your all going well

Afm I start sniffing on Sunday and the journey begins!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry ladies if I have confused you.

Leannep, I am with monash IVf but I am trying to see a fs from melbourne IVF to try out sperm magnification which the former does not have. In melb Ivf, there are no sonographers, sometimes nurses sometimes FS do the scan, unlike Monash IVF. I dont want to be traveliing to the city it is a big hassle and stressful...can take up to 45 1hr travelling on the roads. The FS in Melbourne IVF travel to various clinics which include the city and I dont want to do so just because they do so.

I have seen one FS in Melbourne IVF today (not the one I wanted to see on Wed). Great we got things sorted out but we are still not sure if we will be in time to hop onto another cycle cos DH and I had to do BTs for HIV, hep etc and wait for results. Finger crossed, nice AF arrive at the right time not too soon. THis FS proposed long down reg but I still would like to try the antagonist. He also recommended PGD which cost 3K more on top of the normal IVF costs as he said it is puzzling why we havent got any implantatiion after 3 good cycles. But we need to be on a waiting list til March to try PGD. I hope I dont have to go there cos it is ex. He said DH and i must have been producing bad embryos which dont implant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.... Sorry I've been missing in action!! Had my wisdom teeth out which required being knocked out & it's been very up & down since :-/
    DH has done another SA today @ Monash IVF... We were hoping to find out the results before having to book in with Dr Anthony Lawrence again? We asked them to send a copy to out GP - we have decided if the results are the same or higher we will go back to the first Dr Heider Najjar @ Melbourne IVF. If they are lower we will see Dr Lawrence & ask how much more of a chance he thinks a laproscopy (no idea how to spell) will really give us when hubby has poor abnormal sperm morphology.
    Also guys, what's your opinions on private health cover versus public?
    I'm starting to lean towards public - Dandenong as we are in South Eastern Suburbs and don't particularly want to use Casey.