Closed Thread
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls, crashing in here if that's okay.. Really feeling sad reading the last few posts :-(

Anyone on here doing IVF ICSI due to DH poor abnormal sperm morphology?? My DH is & 91%
    Our first FS told us we have a 1% natural chance and only chance is IVF ICSI - wanted another opinion saw another FS today and his retesting DH, his suggestion if DH semen analysis comes back any lower, he thinks I should do a lascopy (can't spell) I'm not sure there's much point as I've had an u/s and they say my ovaries are unremarkable?! He said if the results are the same or any higher we should go straight to IVF....
    Anyone had any experience with the above?
    Sorry for long story!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marttc.. Don't apologise for crashing we are all hear to support but I'm sorry I think some of the other girls would be more helpful than me..

DH and I do icsi due to low sperm count..And I have pcos.

Sorry to question but what do they mean by saying your ovaries are unremarkable??
    And what does FS believe the laparoscopy is going to achieve or find??

Alittleray: woo hoo POAS time!!!! Positive thoughts and affirmations!!!! So excited for you.🍀

AFM: I was reading an article on Generically engineered food and how it affects fertility... Roundup being sprayed on fields is being absorbed by foods such as corn and soy. The corn and soy are genetically modified to allow them to be sprayed by roundup and not die. The roundup then gets into our bodies via animals cows) eating these foods or us eating these foods.. It's states to always choose organic soy and corn..
    It's awful for our bodies, can cause endometriosis, placenta break down, the lining of our uterus to be be unhealthy etc
    So get rid of Roundup if it's in your shed!!

Sent from my iPhone 🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unremarkable? No idea lol...
    It says it on the paperwork when it came back from lab?? Then the fs said it.... I think it just means no cysts, scar tissue etc.... :-/

I don't see the point in having it dine to be honest... He seemed to think it quite often helps people & said it would give him a chance to check everything else looks normal...
    I feel like it's just waisting our time & money?!?

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Was he talking a curette and laparoscopy, as a lot of women on here have fallen pregnant after a clean out so to speak..

Sent from my iPhone 🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome marttc sorry can't help with yr question as I use donor sperm

Zakmick omg your amazing with the weightless that's great well done

Alittleray I have everything crossed for you how are u feeling any symptoms??? Afm I had another app today with the nurse and he was fantastic going through it all with me but I need to sit down and sort myself out once I have I will let you know what I'm up too!!! I'm back to work tomorrow not looking forward to that talk soon and hi to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick post from me as I have to head out, but braved the POAS this morning and there is a faint second line. I'm pretty sure it's a P, but would not call it a BFP just yet Cautiously excited and as BT is not until Monday and being the POAS addict I am will continue testing until then. Think I'm coming down with a cold too ..... darn it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittleray, Ill give you a small congratulations at the moment...cant wait until Monday to get the official results....

Marttc, welcome. We did ICSI due to MFI but ours was a blockage. I didnt have any tests done on me because we had a little girl just 12mths previously (naturally) so the FS decided that once we found the problem with DH that was the issue. I think they like to check both partners cause how would you feel spending so much money on IVF just to have it not work cause they didnt do some investigation.... I cant tell you what to do....we were always sure it was going to be an issue with DH and was happy with the FS said i didnt have to do any tests....

Zakmick, I don't read alot of stuff these days cause there is just so much out there...I try and just use as much common sense as possible when it comes to chemicals/food and stuff. Awesome job on the weight loss.... I will have to work my butt off once this bubba is here to loose all the weight I have gained.....

Anyhow I'm now about 22wks. All seems to be going well. This pregnancy is very different from the last one...so much easier as far as symptoms go. Bubs is moving around heaps. I never feel like I get 'kicks' as such just lots of movements....I did feel bubs move from the outside the other night which was super cool.

I go back to work next week which Im not looking forward to but at least Im on a countdown then.....I was going to leave end of April for Mat leave but I think I might leave after Easter on a couple of weeks annual leave then still start Mat leave at the end of April so I can get the most out of my year off....hope the boss will go for it....

Hi to everyone else....

Thanks
    Reviews
    MARTTC, dont apologise you are not crashing we always have newbies and I was one of them a few months ago, though been TTC fr 3 years so far and have done 3 rounds of IVF.

I think unremarkabe is not a bad term I had that on my scan report as well, just means nothing wrong I guess. Did you get your ovarian volume done in the report? And was your scan done on day 3 of your cycle? Did you have any antral follicle count numbber given to you? I know your DH is diagnosed with sperm problem, my DH was as well and that was why we did iVF, but subsequently i as diagnosed with low ovarian reserve, so it pays to check yourself as well. Do all the necessary checks at the same time to save time as I am noot sure how old you are. If you are very young then no worries. I am turing 38 and I regret that I only get checked after failing first then second IVF (personal opinion!). And I want to warn you not to fully trust your FS and do your own research cos i Have lost a lot of time trusting them and only became proactive after failing my second round and third round.

I also did laparoscopy and hyysteroscopy in December and everything came backk fine. I did a hysteroscopy June 2010 as well. All these to make sure everything is good inside us. All done under GA but lap is invasive as holes are made in your abdomen. I also did AMH blood test and that showed my ovarian reserve is lower than normal range which means tiime is running out for me. I would rather your FS suggests all these things to you than to keep quiet and just introduce and keep you doing IVF again and agian. I dont think it is wasting ttime and money as you need to exclue as manyy factors as possible what is causing your infertiity. We started with DH's issue but now we found there are mmore than meets thhe eye. I am not saying it is the same for you, just sharing my story.

Zakmick, though I have seen some ladies getting preggy with D&C but I read scary stories of scarring problems etc with D&C, that is why if possible, most FS dont perform this if can be avoided. Cause D&C is really physically quite damaging to our lining.

Alitttleray, wow...looks like hun, you are on your way to give DD another sibling.. I think you really have quality eggies. So nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yahoo alittleray but a quiet one till Monday

Mum2oneds it's funny you say that about d&c as twice in my life I have had them and that's when I have then conceived so maybe it depends on how and who is doing them as my body desponds well to them

I to everyone else I'm on my first day back from holidays and it's killing me I want a nanna nap!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guess what? I did not manage to see the new FS today cos the %#^@ receptionist screwed up and did not put down my appt when I called them early Dec. DH even took time off work just for the appt but we did not see the FS. Cant even squeeze us in. Now we are put on MOnday arvo but it may be too late if my AF comes this week cos she is quite due already. I am going to do antagonist which means I have to start jabs on day 2 of AF. What a bummer...****ed.

Sorry for the rant...It is so frustrating waiting and waiting esp when due to stupid human errors....