+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Prelabour premature rupture of membranes.

Has anyone had this?
    How long after your waters broke did labour start?

I'm currently 35 weeks. I had contractions at 33 weeks which subsided, membranes ruptured a week later and still no sign of contractions.

Obs were discussing the likelihood f induction at 37 weeks (which I am trying to push out and will discuss with my ob at 36 weeks)

Just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and what was the outcome?

Thanks
    Reviews
    to you thus happened to me at 29 weeks with DS but it was a slow leak (trickle that I didn't notice at first) went into labour 5 days later was stopped with meds and went on to deliver at 32+2 about 3 weeks after PPROM. Normal delivery, but bubs had to spend time in NICU and SCN due to prematurity. We aimed for 36 weeks but didn't get there and I spent 2 weeks in hospy before going into labour a second time. Are you having regular CTG's etc, I had an infection- chorioamniotis so was on antibiotics before and after delivery I'm sure your ob has already mentioned no baths and sex at the moment as well as watching for more loss, bleeding or funny dscharge like green etc. Try and rest up if you can you can get to 37 weeks. Happy to answer any other questions you might have hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    While pregnant with my DS I had Pprom at 28 weeks. My waters broke with a huge gush (in the middle of a shopping centre!). We raced to the hospital and that's where I stayed for a week on some really strong iv antibiotics. The drs thought I would go into labour straight away but I didn't. My waters continued gushing for another 3 weeks! Most uncomforable thing to ever go through! Felt like i was constantly peeing myself :/ The drs were not concerned that I had had pprom for so long and assured me it was better for DS that he kept baking. Scans showed there was hardly any amniotic fluid surrounding him, only .5cm at the lowest point. During this time I had at least 5 rounds of steroid injections. Finally at 31 weeks I went into labour. This was triggered by an infection in my uterus. I had a cervical stitch which was taken out once I got to the hospital and I was having regular contractions for around ten hours but wasn't dilating and blood tests showed the infection was worsening so I was rushed off for an emergency c/s. DS was born happy and healthy (1646g) and spent 6 weeks in the SCN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought once your membranes ruptured it was dangerous to leave bub in the uterus because of the strong possibility of infection???

Thanks
    Reviews
    (((hugs))) to you Hun..
    PPROM has happened x2 to me my first was when I was 31 weeks my water broke and 3 days later at 32 weeks my contractions started and as I was showing signs of infection raised temp, tender uterus, they decided to put me on the syntocin drip to deliver bubby, I failed to progress and after 19hrs delivered via emergency c section.
    My 2nd was last year at 29 weeks my waters broke at work, went to hospital contractions started straight away, they tried to stop them with meds, managed to slow them down but I continued to have them for 7 days at 3minute intervals and as bubby was happy they were leaving him in, on the 7th day my temp was increased and I was lethargic on examination a decision was made to deliver via emergency c section as I hadnt dilated from all the contracting and was unable to be induced.
    I hope your lil bubba cooks a little longer and comes out nice and healthy & happy! 😊

Sent from my iTwinkle

Thanks
    Reviews
    (((hugs))) to you Hun..
    PPROM has happened x2 to me my first was when I was 31 weeks my water broke and 3 days later at 32 weeks my contractions started and as I was showing signs of infection raised temp, tender uterus, they decided to put me on the syntocin drip to deliver bubby, I failed to progress and after 19hrs delivered via emergency c section.
    My 2nd was last year at 29 weeks my waters broke at work, went to hospital contractions started straight away, they tried to stop them with meds, managed to slow them down but I continued to have them for 7 days at 3minute intervals and as bubby was happy they were leaving him in, on the 7th day my temp was increased and I was lethargic on examination a decision was made to deliver via emergency c section as I hadnt dilated from all the contracting and was unable to be induced.
    I hope your lil bubba cooks a little longer and comes out nice and healthy & happy! 😊

Sent from my iTwinkle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My best friend (who was living with me at the time), waters broke at 23 weeks, she was flown to townsville and kept in hospital for a week then stayed at the ronald mcdonald house with daily hospital visits. She went into labour at 26 weeks. They were unable to stop it and she gave birth to a baby boy. He survived for 10 hours then sadly passed away from an infection nobody had picked up on.

Sent from my INQ Cloud Touch using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it just a leak? I am guessing so as if your waters totally broke it would be dangerous to you and bub, I'm sure they are checking that levels are fine. I haven't had any history with membranes rupturing only with premature labour, so thought I'd share that side of things, have they given you steroids? I had my last bub at 35 weeks and he was fine no special care etc needed that's not to say if you had your bub he/she wouldn't need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My membranes ruptured. Even if there was just a leak, the amniotic sac is compromised and both are treated the same.

Anyway, after I posted this I went into labour this morning and my baby was born in 8 hours after contractions started. His heart rate was very fast so they were worried he contracted an infection. He is okay now and is with me and not on nicu thankfully

So we went approx a week and a bit with waters broken before labour started!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations and welcome to your baby boy!