+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Shared care

For those of you that have shared care for your children, I'm wondering if you'd mind sharing some details with me.

What are your arrangements for birthdays, Christmas, Easter, mothers and fathers day?

If your child goes on a Friday are they collected from schoolr home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We swap on Monday afternoon. Works well cause each family starts at the beginning of the week and gets a full weekend.
    Easter is whoever it falls on, Christmas was always swap in the afternoon but the last two years we did all day Xmas with one family and boxing day with the next.
    BM in my case doesn't care about mothers day. ( weird hey ) so he's always with us .
    Umm think that's it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi - My ex has the kids once during the week and every second weekend... picks them up at 9am Sat and drops them back 9am Mon. So far It has just worked out that FD and MD fell on the days we had them anyway... Christmas we are swapping over halfway thought the day. I had them Easter but he came. Not much help am I ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both for the response. What do you do on child's birthday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends. Usually just stays where he is and celebrates after when he gets back. A few times he's been in nz with the grandparents when it's fallen on Easter .
    Dss doesn't mind either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 goes to X every 2nd weekend we meet halfway as he lives 2.5hrs away.
    if his weekend falls on my birthday or mothers day we substitute a weekend. same on his bday and fathers day.
    depends on what day her bday falls on as to what we do. this year it was a tues so i had her party the sunday before and she celebrated with X the following weekend.
    xmas i have her xmas day and he has her for a week from boxing day till new years.
    works for us so far (for last 4yrs) will prob be tweeked a bit when she goes to school to accomodate school holidays etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    For father's day and mother's day we each just had the kids for the day (I think both times were my actual weekends with them so I had them over night).

For Christmas their dad is having them xmas eve (I think they are doing a family thing with his family) and I'll be picking them up in the morning on xmas day.

Birthdays we have both attended so far.

Pickups just happen wherever is convenient - sometimes straight from daycare, other times from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ex and I play it by ear. We actually have a really good relationship and are good friends, so we usually just agree on whatever works for both of us. If he is having her on a weekend he will usually pick her up from daycare on the Friday and I will pick her up some time on the Sunday.

This year for Christmas we are having dinner christmas eve at the ex's Dad's house with the ex's family, after dinner DD and I are going to my parents' to stay Christmas Eve, then the ex is coming to my parents' for christmas lunch. Not sure who will have her that night, probably whoever is less exhausted!

Next year DD's birthday is going to be controversial as my selfish brother is having his wedding on DD's birthday and my whole family is pressuring me to go (but that's another story). Usually the ex would join us for her birthday dinner somewhere.

Sorry I'm not much help either