Well to start off i have 3 girls 6,4,1 i have had 1 miscarriage in 09 and another this year. We have be very excited to be expecting again and hoping for number 4.. all has been well until i had the scans at 11wks. NT measurements were 1.8mm normal but combined with my bloods, my PAPP-A was 0.52 and this put me in the high risk catagory. after 3 healthy kids we were shocked as i am only 27. i am now 15.4 weeks and we have decided to wait until 18 weeks and have extensive scans in the city as we are from a rural area we were advised to go to the city. we are also booked in for an amnio on the same day if there is anything found to be sus in the ultrasound. my risk is 1 in 219 so i am hoping to be part of the other 218..
its so hard to decide what to do as if we find the baby has a syndrome or any other life altering factors that we believe we couldnt cope with, then we would terminate.
its just so hard to no what to do, i wasnt keen on the amnio because of the risk so that is why i am having scans first. are there any other factors that can alter the PAPP-A results as my doc believes this it the thing that has put me at the high risk? i have a kidney disease also diagnosed this year and my blood pressure is generally high. could this result be from something other than an abnormality in the baby?
sorry for rambling on, so many questions in my head.