+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clueless about clomid

Hi ladies

My friend has just started clomid. I feel terrible for her as having a baby was all she ever wanted and now shes having such a hard time. Each time she would test, and saw negative she just breakdown for days.
    I think she has a pretty strong feeling her first cycle of clomid will work and she'll pregnant. From what I've read it's very low chance. Im not looking forward to watching her heartache again. Has anyone fallen pregnant after first cycle?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fell pregnant on my first cycle of Clomid, after more than a year of trying previously. That was nearly 2yrs ago now, and I have DD from it!

We're now trying for another baby, and I went on Clomid again for 5 cycles, but unfortunately it didn't work for me this time - so I am now at the next level of treatment.

Fingers crossed for your friend. It's a horribly emotional time, and it sounds as if you are being a lovely friend to support her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

curiouschildcare  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply, thats great news!

Today I went with her to have a HSG test and it looks as though she has PCOS, so she'll be seeing her doctor tomorrow to discuss
    Hopefully everything will be ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi curious - its extremely important for your friends partner to get tested for male infertility as well as clomid (I understand) is only where the female has issues ovulating due endo or pcos - and we all know it takes both sperm and egg to make a perfect embryo . age us also a big factor so depending in your friends age she may also request an AMH test to check her ovarian reserve

GL to your friend hoping she doesnt have to go as far as ivf as its even more physically, mentally and financially draining than clomid cycles!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Her partner did have he's sperm tested a few weeks ago. He had a few abnormalities but mostly all good. Doc said it wasn't a problem, could of been the day he was tested that show abnormalities
    She's only young, 27, so age isn't a worry
    Today she got ovulation tests back, she hasn't ovulated on her first cycle of clomid
    Doc said she probably will in the next few days & she'll still have a chance. Is this possible. She's at day 22 today, is she does ovulate in next few days could she still fall pregnant or is ovulation to late? Not great quality???
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi curious - I do ivf not clomid but on a natural cycle for me I ovulate quite late - more about day 30! I don't think it should make a difference but that's only from my limited knowledge. Just wanted to also say that you are a great friend - she must really appreciate your support.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did he say what her progesterone was? I'd say if she hasn't ovulated by cd22 she isn't going to this cycle. I took my clomid on days 5-9 and if I ovulated it was around cd18. On the couple of times I haven't ovulated the fs has NEVER told me I might ovulate a few days after the bt. I think it's giving false hope tbh.

Hopefully he will up her dosage and next month will be a successful month good luck to your friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rae81- thanks. I get so wrapped up in it all cause other than her hubby I'm the one she talks to. I get worried about her and it's helpful to ask questions on here and not stress her
    She hasn't ovulated and it's day 25 but the doc says there's still a chance which upsets me cause I don't want him to give false hope and then see how upset she is when she doesn't get a positive pregency test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With PCOS her cycle can be all over the place. There may still be a chance. Her Dr should know, she may not but she could just O late.
    Everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to the drugs.
    Its great that you are so supportive. If you want more information, there's plenty around on BH, as well as online.
    Hope that helps

7fornow is offline Blessed Mummy to 1 awesome man and 6 lovely ladies!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I just wanted to say Good Luck and send to your friend! I was diagnosed with PCOS while ttc our #6 baby and it was an eye opener to be unable to fall when I wanted to and have to resort to assisted conception, but I am so thankful I did it! I took 4 rounds of Clomid and then 4th round was successful! I had a relatively short battle ttc with secondary infertility, 19 months all up, but it was emotional, I can only imagine what it is like for lovely ladies who are ttc for years or their first bub and wondering hwy its not as quick as they had expected or hoped. Just tell her to hang in there, chin up and keep on trying! Its hard not to test asap, but maybe waiting if possible will lessen the blow if it isnt a bfp this month. it is though