+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    If its not inappropriate for you to answer - how do families 'get entitlement' to receive these gifts (I'm not sure that's the best wording - but I'm sure you get my drift).
    Im not really sure. My friend was offered this simply because she's on a single mother's pension.
    I was offered for the same reason, but I am not as keen as other people to just get gifts that other people will need more than I do. Plus I simply dont like to take charity. Its this stupid pride thing I have :\
    So yes, I think you need to be on some kind of Centerlink payment.

DS doesn't understand birthdays and Christmas's yet. This is great as his birthday is a week before Christmas and this year I can only afford 1 new present for each occasion and some opshop toys. So he wont be going comparing with other kids yet.

I was really hoping to do a bit better this year for DS, but this very unexpected and really unfair $600 insurance excess, is ruining any chance of this happening.
    So now Im hoping next year will be financially a bit better. Im sure praying for it anyway.

Charity and me dont mingle. I love to give, but dont want to receive when it isn't very necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Payment plan your excess. I know plenty of people who have done that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Payment plan your excess. I know plenty of people who have done that.
    Its not that simple though I went to see Legal Aid yesterday and she's convinced that if this goes to court, the magistrate will rule in my favor. Firstly because the damage is barely noticeable. But also because there's a sign at the front of the driveway, that says NO parking in driveway. That sign is there to prevent these accidents from happening in the first place. Also, she had parked on the middle of the driveway and I couldn't see the car in my rearview mirror.

I dont know. Im just tired of chasing everything down. The guy came to my house to abuse the living daylights out of me (this is a general manager at one of our biggest real estate agents in town) and refused to let me take any photos of the so-called damage. Smells fishy to me and other people.
    So while Im waiting for the NRMA to send me a letter of demand, I will save up every fortnight some money in my son's account to use for the excess in case the solicitor is wrong.

Anyway, Im off to put the extra gifts under the tree

Hopefully more people will donate as Christmas day gets closer