+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just googled teenage boys toys and it came up with a few toysites. So maybe have a look there to get some ideas. Ofcourse buying online might not end up arriving in time before Christmas, but a lot of these toys are sold in all the regular department stores as well. I especially like some of the Lego items for big boys. I used to love Lego myself as a kid.

http://www.onlinetoys.com.au/Ages-12...ver-c-272.html

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/recipient/teens.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyshun View Post
    I have always bought from where I want, wrapped them up (or put them in a gift bag, then put them under the tree at Kmart with a tag on saying if its for a boy or girl, age etc.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using BubHub
    ^ this

Though apparently they do unwrap them so just in a bag would work fine too I imagine

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Misschief! I've got a box going to Barnados and I wanted to donate the rest somewhere else, so thanks for letting us know about the Kmart Xmas gifts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I really want to do this. How does it work? I buy a gift from kmart do I wrap it? Do they? Do I just leave it under there?
    You can buy from wherever you want. Handmade items are welcome too. Wrapping is ok, but they prefer unwrapped as it makes it easier for the Salvo's to sort the items.
    They have tags hanging on the tree in the Kmart stores. They have boxes on them that you can tick to indicate what target group your gift is most appropriate for. Ie boys (and the appropriate age group), girls (and the appropriate age group), grandmother, grandfather, etc.
    Just stick the tag to your gift and put it under the tree. That's all you have to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Smith Family appeal do the same sort of thing - that's what we have in our office each year :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Smith family store in town, but I haven't seen or heard anything about an appeal. I'll have a look into it. If for some miracle I can spare another dollar or 2, I will donate something to them as well.

Again, it will be something for a boy or adult lol. Im really rallying for the boys here . And no, OFCOURSE Im NOT biased at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the wishing tree, I do it every year and cant wait till ds is a little older and can help pick out the presents/understand the concept.

I usually do back to school stuff, trendy school bags or pencil cases etc.

My family 'missed' christmas one year when I was a teenager and the most uspetting thing for me was being the only kid in school with no cool new stuff. It felt like a big sign around my neck screaming WE ARE POOR, I DIDNT GET ANYTHING FOR CHRISTMAS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by notquitesupermum View Post
    I love the wishing tree, I do it every year and cant wait till ds is a little older and can help pick out the presents/understand the concept.

I usually do back to school stuff, trendy school bags or pencil cases etc.

My family 'missed' christmas one year when I was a teenager and the most uspetting thing for me was being the only kid in school with no cool new stuff. It felt like a big sign around my neck screaming WE ARE POOR, I DIDNT GET ANYTHING FOR CHRISTMAS.
    Plus try to explain why Santa didn't give you presents, but did give others presents. Every child knows that naughty kids get nothing.

Im not sure why my friend took her kids with her last year. I thought they were still so young and would still believe in Santa. But it was none of my business.
    Maybe she told them Santa's sled broke down, so he had to drop off all the presents at the Salvo's as he couldn't travel any further

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't know it was for adults too - cool thanks. We are going tomorrow to put our presents under the tree and then visit Father Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love the fact that it has 'Grandma' and 'Grandpa' as options, so we've opted to buy gifts for both.