+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thumbs up Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal rocks!

Hi everyone,

(Im not sure if Im allowed to post this here, so mods feel free to remove if inappropriate.(

If you haven't done so yet, please consider donating to the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal. It is guaranteed to make a lot of kids and adults happy over the Christmas period. All gifts will go to the Salvation Army and will be distributed evenly along all national branches. It's a fantastic cause to back up!

Though I have spoken to some staff at our local Kmart and also with staff from other Kmart shops and it seems boys and adults miss out the most.
    I tend to agree. I walked into our local Kmart this afternoon and there was a large pile of purple and pink gifts for girls, about 20% for the boys and 10% for adults. So I felt a bit sad and disappointed
    Im on a very very small income, but seeing the boys being that under appreciated, I decided to add an extra 3 boys toys to my donation from last week. They're only small toys as I cant afford much, but still....
    Next week when I get my pension, I'll add a gift for a grandfather and a gift for a grandmother.

So again, if you have a few dollars left after your Christmas shopping is done, perhaps consider spending those few dollars on a gift for the KMart Wishing Tree Appeal

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

DashBo  (06-12-2011),Janesmum123  (06-12-2011),smallpotatoes  (06-12-2011),summastarlet  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah guess you never think of the adults etc as it's easier to buy a toy. I will have to put something under the tree for the adults

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That's a lovely thing to remind us all to do

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was thinking the other day that I should get a present for a mother or farther

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last year I bought for a boy, a girl, a mum and a dad. But DH only k.ew about the boy and girl!

This year we have bought for a girl and a boy. We have done a gift bag for each.

Boy: 3 toy cars, colouring/activity book and some coloured crayons.

Girl: disney fairy doll, disney fairy colouring/activity book and some coloured crayons.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any suggestions for parent or older boy gifts? I tend to buy younger child gifts because that's what I'm familiar with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh good reminder - another one who would love suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just getting the adults a pampering pack like bodywash, bodylotion or even something like a hamper with tea, choccies, bickies, etc.

Teenage boys would be more sports items like a scooter, a dartboard, etc.
    Maybe also a science kit for older kids, remote controlled cars, planes, helicopters, etc.
    I like the little "Hex bugs" and those "Nerf" toys look great too. Even a good boardgame...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to do this. How does it work? I buy a gift from kmart do I wrap it? Do they? Do I just leave it under there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I really want to do this. How does it work? I buy a gift from kmart do I wrap it? Do they? Do I just leave it under there?
    I have always bought from where I want, wrapped them up (or put them in a gift bag, then put them under the tree at Kmart with a tag on saying if its for a boy or girl, age etc.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteyshun For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (06-12-2011)