+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rarely bothered with DS2. I didn't like to be away from him when small then he got older and was ok with water and solids if I had to go out.

I expressed sometimes for DS1 then he wouldn't drink it! I went to Big Day Out when he was 10 months and was gone for many hours, my boobs were killing me and he wouldn't wake up! He had barely touched the EBM I'd left, had been happy to eat his dinner and be rocked to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    I BF'd my son for 2 years and hated expressing. Such an effort for so little. I also felt like a cow in a milking shed. I hated the noise of the electric pump and it left me feeling exposed. I will try to get my head around it with my new baby as I have to go back to work straight away. However baby will be coming with me and I will plan my work days around her feeds as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hated expressing too. Found it awkward, uncomfortable, messy, time-consuming and just plain frustrating as I'd never get very much EBM. DS never ever took a bottle anyway (not that we really persevered that much because I couldn't be bothered with expressing to start with!)

I understand though that feeling like you just need a break. I used to get my parents or DH to come with me to the shops every once in awhile and leave them in charge of DS in the pram whilst I popped into stores, tried on clothes and did whatever I had to do. Felt like I got a 'break' although DS was still there in the background and I could feed him if/when I had to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated it too, only did it a few times when DS was born (to mix with antibiotics, only way he would take it) and once when I went to the hairdresser when he was about 5 months old. I just hated all the little bits you have to wash every time, even if I got 10 mils, still have to wash that bloody thing! So annoying! And I did what PP did, got my DP to go with me to shops and watch DS while i did my thing.