+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any body else hate expressing and only breast feed

I dont know if its just me but I hate expressing. It hurts my nipples so bad and then I have to wash the breast pump and the bottles and sterilise and then think of when im planning on using the expressed milk. ARGH to much to think of for my sleep deprived brain.

Does any one else just breast feed? Do you go crazy never being alone? How do I cope? I really love breast feeding but I would just like to go out for a couple hours and look in all the shops that you cant fit a pram into

END VENT thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It gets easier. When your bub is a couple of months old you will be able to leave him or her for a couple of hours. I would feed then leave straight away while they have a full tummy.
    I only express when I know I'm going to be away for extended periods.

I should do it more often though, as it takes aaaaaggggggeees to fill a bottle now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, me. I expressed a bit in the beginning but realised that I didn't really like DD having bottles or leaving her for long and it wasn't worth the annoyance of expressing. By 6 months she was happy going 5 hours or so without a feed and now at nearly a year I can leave her the whole day if I want...although my boobs suffer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD never took expressed milk and we are still bfeeding at 18 months. Never needed formula either.

There is a great blog about how you can still get a break without using a bottle. check it out http://www.koraorganics.com/blog/liv...-have-a-break/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did express occasionally, but I think my boobs were just not really made for expressing, as I'd get hardly anything!
    Yes it drive me crazy occasionally not being able to get away from DD (as she wouldn't take formula either) but it wasn't that bad.
    As for the shops - get a baby carrier!! I could feed in it hands free while shopping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated expressing. I had to express from the beginning as DD was in NICU being fed via naso gastric tube. I stopped expressing when DD was about 6 months old (except for when I was at work in my lunch break) and it was such a relief!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I expressed a little at the start when I had excess breast milk, but my daughter never used it. She wouldnt take a bottle (expressed or not) until 10 months. I now have a 3 month old, and would love to express but I dont know if I have as much milk this time (and I dont have a breast pump).

If I could express this time it would be much easier as I have to fly out of Perth at 11:50pm Christmas Day, land in Melb at 6:05am to drop my son off to his father, and then get on the next plane and fly back to Perth. Its very unfair on my baby, but there isnt really an option with him being breast fed :-(

(I havent booked my flight home yet, so think I might head into Melb for a couple of hours or sit around the airport for awhile so that bub gets a break)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD is 10 weeks and I don't express. I know from my experience with DS (he's nearly 5), that this doesn't last forever and I honestly don't feel like I need a break yet (it's early days though, I'm sure I'll feel like a break eventually). Even if I did express I wouldn't know when I would need the EBM, so it would be a fair bit of effort for nothing (probably).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I do hate it since my baby won't drink from a bottle so its a massive waste of time lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I despise expressing and mostly just breastfeed. I express on occasion so that I can have a break for my own mental health, but I don't need to do it as much now because he can now last a bit longer between feeds.

I don't bother with sterilising, it's not necessary, I just wash with warm soapy water. The bit I hate is assembling the pump, finding somewhere quiet to do it and then spending ages trying to successfully extract milk. Gah.