+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No way! I'd hate to think of any parent doing that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyLarge View Post
    If my daughter is below the age of consent and is impregnated by an adult, I'll be doing everything I can to see him locked up.

There is an age of consent for a very good reason.
    In this situation, yes. I'd consider similar action. If she was under the age of consent and he's an adult or if she's 13-14 and he's over 16

But if they were both teenagers of a similar age then there's nothing to be done but deal with the situation at hand.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (06-12-2011),smallpotatoes  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no. if it was just pregnancy but who knows why this child is
    out.
    my friend was kicked out at 15. she was on drugs, violent, dangerous.
    she took a knife to her sister.

she made up stories about her mum beating her and admitted it was a lie.
    she would not take any help and just kept running away. so they changed the locks.

awful
    awful story.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could NEVER kick my own child out.. Even tho I would frown at the fact she got pregnant I could NEVER take it out on her or him. She is my child and I am going to help her raise her own child. I would hate to have kicked her out and she had an abortion because of what I did..

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was going to say something similar to BerylsMum.

If my daughter came home pregnant as a teenager I would support her through any decision she made and would encourage her to remain living at home in a supportive environment.

However her pregnancy would not give her a free pass to expose my other children to drugs, violence etc, and if the only solution was to ask her to leave then I would have to consider it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (06-12-2011),twotrunks  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about other states but in Vic..
    - it's illegal to have sex if you are under 10 years of age
    - it's legal to have sex between the ages of 10-15, as long as the other party isn't more then 2 years older or younger, or a person of authority.
    - 16 + you can have sex with any age, but again, can't be a person of authority.

And no, I wouldn't kick my child out, I'd do whatever it is to support her decisions etc to the best of my ability

sent from my iPhone, so apologies for the typos!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure would.

If she's dumb enough to think that I'm going to pay for a baby that I don't want and that isn't mine, as well as pay for her and her boyfriend to live off me, she's wrong.
    If she thinks she's responsible enough to be a parent she can move out or pay for all of it herself.

There's no lesson in "Don't get pregnant! But if you do, I'll do everything for you and support you for the entire thing, and you don't have to worry about anything"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Sure would.

If she's dumb enough to think that I'm going to pay for a baby that I don't want and that isn't mine, as well as pay for her and her boyfriend to live off me, she's wrong.
    If she thinks she's responsible enough to be a parent she can move out or pay for all of it herself.

There's no lesson in "Don't get pregnant! But if you do, I'll do everything for you and support you for the entire thing, and you don't have to worry about anything"
    Is this for real or cheeky talk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    Is this for real or cheeky talk?
    I can't work it out either.

Sounds a little like sarcasm... But not sure...

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    But there's a lesson in "Go raise my grandchild alone, in poverty, in shame?"

My take on it is there are far worse things in life than getting pregnant. Hey, some of us on BH have actually wanted a baby or two. All we're talking about is timing, and I'm not going to put my child through hell for bad timing.

Whether my children are 16 or 60 I'll ensure they bring their children into a supportive environment, or I won't deserve the title of grandmother.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (06-12-2011),SassyMummy  (06-12-2011),smallpotatoes  (07-12-2011),Sparklydreamer  (06-12-2011),trishalishous  (06-12-2011)