+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No never, I'd move heaven and earth before I'd kick her out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InBetween View Post
    I don't have a 16 year old daughter.
    But I have 16 year old mothers living near me.
    And I've watched all the dramas that have ensued relating to issues such as custody, relationship, accommodation, maturity etc.

If I had a 16 year old daughter I wouldn't kick her out of home. If I was living in SA or Tassie, the first thing I would do would be to have her boyfriend charged with sexual offences.

If we were still in Qld, I would have him investigated for sexual offences with the possibility of him being charged if it was found that the two were engaging in sex prior to her 16th birthday.

Am I being harsh? Or just being a parent?

By doing this, it would mean that the child would be subject to formal scrutiny and potentially protected from the inevitable PITA issues such as those relating to custody and the child's welfare and would also provide me with more jurisdiction as to my grandchild's safety which, to me, would be paramount.
    Sorry to be harsh but how does that help her if she is in love and he is trying to do right?..

Have to say I'm SO glad my parents didn't do that and I was 15, even knowing some of the bs it could've prevented I'd have hated parents for it and probably have run away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm not sure if you can "press charges," in Australia. If the case is known to the police, it is up to them to decide if any charges will be made... not you. The most you can do is let the police know that it happened.

That's an awful lot to put your child through as well... and while if she was 12 I'd understand, a 16-year-old and a 12-year-old are quite different.

The law is also unlikely to do much if the sex was consensual and both children were under 16, and/or less than 2 years apart in age.

Hoping to charge a boy for having sex at 15 with his 15-year-old gf is wrong. If you wouldn't want to charge your daughter for it, you shouldn't be hoping he's charged either.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (06-12-2011),FloatingFairy  (06-12-2011),Janesmum123  (06-12-2011),Pinkzy  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol do you reckon anyone is actually gunna jump in here - a parenting site that has mums who are/were teen mums - and say "hell yeah I would"

Lol I don't think so.....

And FTR no I wouldn't kick my DD out if she accidentally fell preg at 16 or any other young age

*Dear iPhone, stop autocorrecting all my swear words you piece of shut.
    Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    And I've watched all the dramas that have ensued relating to issues such as custody, relationship, accommodation, maturity etc.

If I had a 16 year old daughter I wouldn't kick her out of home. If I was living in SA or Tassie, the first thing I would do would be to have her boyfriend charged with sexual offences.

If we were still in Qld, I would have him investigated for sexual offences with the possibility of him being charged if it was found that the two were engaging in sex prior to her 16th birthday.

By doing this, it would mean that the child would be subject to formal scrutiny and potentially protected from the inevitable PITA issues such as those relating to custody and the child's welfare and would also provide me with more jurisdiction as to my grandchild's safety which, to me, would be paramount.
    I'm not sure charging the FOB is going to help anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    You know, I do know people who have fallen pregnant and their parents have let them stay at home indefinitely. I don't actually think it does anyone any favours, including the DD, it certainly doesn't teach them any life lessons. I'd be more inclined to help them set up getting a unit or something like that.

Would I kick her out and leave her homeless? Heck no. That's just awful.
    I agree, I think it's important for them to stand on their own feet with lots of love and support from momma

Thanks
    Reviews

Im sorry but thats the most stupiest thing iv ever read.

So if you going to charge the and possibly send him to jail, give him a crimnal record then i guess you would support his mum when she charges you daughter & possibly send her to jail for having consentual sex with her 15 yr old son.....?

Therefore you would be robbing this baby of a possible great father & family.

Im sorry but surely even you can see how silly it would be to destory a young mans life for doing something your child said yes to,

And what would be her punishment??? Are you going to have her charged for underage sex and so on???

If you have a son, would you take him to thr police station and have him charged for impregnanting someone elses daughter?

I hope you child never falls preg or never knocks someone up, but if tgey do, i hope your love takes over you and you offer support and a chance for both young parents.

Keep in mind it takes two to tango (in consentual sex of course)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbygirl For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly wouldn't kick out any child of mine expecting a child as a teenager.

And I certainly wouldn't press charges! What if that were my 16 year old son who got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant, why should he be charged when obviously both DP and I and her parents should of had more of an open dialect about sex and the implications of it!

I would just want my child to be happy and my future grandchild to be growing up with the best possible life

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If my daughter is below the age of consent and is impregnated by an adult, I'll be doing everything I can to see him locked up.

There is an age of consent for a very good reason.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaddyLarge For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (07-12-2011),LivinOnAPrayer  (06-12-2011),twotrunks  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they are both 16 years old, you cant do a thing. What if the tables were turned? Your 19 year old falls pregnant of a 15 year old boy? Would you appreciate his parents doing this to you and your daughter?

Anyway, I dont have a daughter. However, if my son was to knock up a teenage girl, I would be very disappointed but will support them whenever and however I can. If she was to be kicked out of her parents house, I would offer her to move in with DS and me. At least that way I can make sure that both the mum and the bub get the right nutrition and also the right medical attention. The last thing you need as any pregnant woman, is a large amount of stress that can end up badly for the bubba.
    All I ask for in return, is to offer my advice when I think they need it. Though it would be upto her and DS to decide they want to take my advice or not.
    You can bring a horse to the water, but you cant make it drink.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (06-12-2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast