+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have a 16 year old daughter.
    But I have 16 year old mothers living near me.
    And I've watched all the dramas that have ensued relating to issues such as custody, relationship, accommodation, maturity etc.

If I had a 16 year old daughter I wouldn't kick her out of home. If I was living in SA or Tassie, the first thing I would do would be to have her boyfriend charged with sexual offences.

If we were still in Qld, I would have him investigated for sexual offences with the possibility of him being charged if it was found that the two were engaging in sex prior to her 16th birthday.

Am I being harsh? Or just being a parent?

By doing this, it would mean that the child would be subject to formal scrutiny and potentially protected from the inevitable PITA issues such as those relating to custody and the child's welfare and would also provide me with more jurisdiction as to my grandchild's safety which, to me, would be paramount.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i don't have a daughter.

regardless of any situation, i think it would be absolutely heartbreaking to lay awake at night not knowing where ur child is, because ive kicked them out.

a pp said something about drugs n violence n what not, at that age, i could have them committed to a rehab facility or what not surely? id take every avenue i could before turfing them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow i dont know how anyone could do this to their child. i certainly would not be able to do it to my dd, she would need all the help she can get and being pregnant at that age would be punishment enough without me having to do something outragous like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having been pregnant at 16, and again at 18, I could definitely never do anything but support her completely. It's already hard enough as it is, and I can't imagine doing it without my mother by my side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure about charging the fob that would really depend on the situation (if I fell pregnant at that age I dont think my parents could have charged dh cause he is a year younger then me) and if he was stepping up and are in love I might even let him more in (only if he treats her well and they are inlove) I would only have him charged if he was older and a dead beat who doesn't care about my dd.

I really don't know how a parent can kick their dd or ds out for being pregnant I would not be happy but will move pass it god if I ever needed a place to stay my parent would open their arms and let me and 3 kids move in cause they love me and will always look after me if I need looking after and I want me kids to feel the same way ( but will not tolerate being used by them they still must step up and be responsible for their their kids and financially as much as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont have daughters, but if my boys and their girlfriends in the future come across yhis senario, they would get love and support from us, always.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InBetween View Post

If I had a 16 year old daughter I wouldn't kick her out of home. If I was living in SA or Tassie, the first thing I would do would be to have her boyfriend charged with sexual offences.

If we were still in Qld, I would have him investigated for sexual offences with the possibility of him being charged if it was found that the two were engaging in sex prior to her 16th birthday.

Am I being harsh? Or just being a parent?

By doing this, it would mean that the child would be subject to formal scrutiny and potentially protected from the inevitable PITA issues such as those relating to custody and the child's welfare and would also provide me with more jurisdiction as to my grandchild's safety which, to me, would be paramount.
    Seriously? And what about your consenting daughter? I'm certainly glad my Mum didn't do this to my Husband when we started sleeping together.

An ex of mine was put into jail for this, because some girl slept with him then told her parents. Poor guy did nothing wrong (well, nothing *different* to what she did) and he got Jail for it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

mamasurfs  (06-12-2011),nicoletta  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As I'll have 4 girls the whole teen pregnancy has crossed my mind and what would I do? For one I definitely wouldn't kick my daughter out and I would support her in every way possible to get the best outcome for a tough situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope, I wouldn't.

A pregnant 16-year-old is probably more in need of NOT being kicked out than anyone else.

I didn't fall pregnant at 16, but 19... and I'm so glad my mother didn't kick me out. I needed to rely on her for a while... I needed to live there, and organise myself... but we're out of her hair now, and we're doing our own thing. Kids need their parents - perhaps even moreso when they fall pregnant at a young age.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You know, I do know people who have fallen pregnant and their parents have let them stay at home indefinitely. I don't actually think it does anyone any favours, including the DD, it certainly doesn't teach them any life lessons. I'd be more inclined to help them set up getting a unit or something like that.

Would I kick her out and leave her homeless? Heck no. That's just awful.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (06-12-2011)