+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Could you kick out your pregnant teenage daughter

i was just watching ads and came up a story of a homeless 16 year old and her boyfriend who are due to have a baby in a couple of weeks. Ok I don't know the full story but I don't think I could ever kick out my pregnant 16 year old she will need all the help she can get when baby comes even before I want to make sure she finishes her education and learns to look after the baby properly and help finanically. Just want to know if anyone else would kick out their pregnant 16 year old or would you help them anywAy you could

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wife and I are expecting a baby girl, and I don't think I could ever do that. As a parent it's my job to support her no matter what.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddySingh For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Absolutely not. I have been there myself having my first at 15.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope / couldn't kick her out.
    But I'm not sure if I'd let him move in - depends on him and her...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, could not and would not. I would make her take responsibility (ie not do everything for her and would not help parent the baby), but I wouldn't kick her out.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope i could never do that, she would need all the support she could get not any less

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

laurea  (06-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Couldnt, wouldnt, no way, no how!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely wouldnt kick my child out, and i absolutely would help with parenting the baby to help my daughter out & allow her to finish school or whatever. I'm married with kids and my own house and my mum helps with my kids if i'm sick, or tired, or anything really. so regardless of the situation i will help with my grandkids. Not sure what i'd do about the father of the baby situation though. I cant imagine how being kicked out by your own family would affect your self esteem, self worth, ability to emotionally cope with a baby (its hard enough when you're a 'grown up' in a 'normal' relationship). I hope the girl in the story gets lots of support to find stable housing and a safe environment to welcome her baby into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No I wouldn't. Even if she was an utter PITA and I was left holding the baby.

But theres a few teen mums around me, 2 living out of home (together), 1 at home and every other day screams 'I'm moving out' in a full scale tantrum (some times I wish she would move out, but I don't think she seems emotionally equipped to handle a baby on her own, she screams and carries on more than the baby :-/ so hopefully her mum continues to tolerate her for the baby)

But yeah, maybe they left home and weren't kicked out?