+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you for standing up for yourself and for your son.

Now you will really need to be strong if the backlash does happen. You know that you are in the right and that no one has the right to speak to verbally abuse you, especially so called family.

If family members will not stick by you then you do not need them in your life.

As for your mother let things calm down and maybe then send her a letter telling her how you feel and what your rules will be for her spending time with your son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement! It means a lot and will continue to help me when each family member takes their turn to tell me why I am wrong (I have four brothers and two sisters) some hopefully wont bother as we don't talk much anyway but at least two brothers will repeatedly berate my decision and the reasons behind it.

Whats extra hard is my partner is out to sea and won't be back til weeks end...

I so don't want this to be a 'let her get over it thing' and for this to resume......ugh is doing my head in already?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement! It means a lot and will continue to help me when each family member takes their turn to tell me why I am wrong (I have four brothers and two sisters) some hopefully wont bother as we don't talk much anyway but at least two brothers will repeatedly berate my decision and the reasons behind it.

Whats extra hard is my partner is out to sea and won't be back til weeks end...

I so don't want this to be a 'let her get over it thing' and for this to resume......ugh is doing my head in already?!
    Be strong!! When they realise you are serious they will hopefully butt out, if not.. bye bye to them too

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay firm, and if family members try to persuade you to change your mind, just calmly tell them that it doesn't involve them and shouldn't affect them, so they don't need to involve themselves in the situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Deleted
    Last edited by Guest1234; 15-01-2012 at 10:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea Bell & Bug - I always forget when I need an example! I have blocked out a number of years from when I was younger so find just know they were not good or have flashbacks at night (thankfully these have finally stopped).

my family will make it as hard as possible for me to be positive about this choice and to move on.

I wish we could just pack up and move interstate sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    all i can offer is a .

i hope you get the support you deserve. dont let them get you down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just occurred to me now that I have calmed down...my mother looked so defeated during the argument and offered no support.

It was partially her fault as she said it was not needed but for goodness sake it was a set top box not even worth $50!? and it was malfunctioning anyway.

It makes me feel so sad that she puts up with his treatment she has left him a few times but always gone back.....

Now I feel guilty about telling him where to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honey you should not feel guilty at all. You are looking after your well being and your sons. Never feel bad for that. I know the feeling and sometimes I wish I was stronger and was able to be more like that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Deleted
    Last edited by Guest1234; 15-01-2012 at 10:55.