+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Hmmm - at no point did I suggest she do any dealings under the table or engage in otherwise illegal practices?! I declare all my business earnings to the ATO, always have done.

However, if she is starting as a sole trader, all she needs is an ABN to get started. Anything else, while good, is not strictly necessary. Even getting an ABN can be done after a business has commenced - the ABN questionaire asks if the business has already started trading, & it is one of the qualifying factors.

Sorry if my original post offended you - I merely highlighted our different approaches, both of which are legal and valid.
    Ah to be fair, I assumed she does not need licences for a cleaning business but may be wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    However, if she is starting as a sole trader, all she needs is an ABN to get started. Anything else, while good, is not strictly necessary. Even getting an ABN can be done after a business has commenced - the ABN questionaire asks if the business has already started trading, & it is one of the qualifying factors.

Sorry if my original post offended you - I merely highlighted our different approaches, both of which are legal and valid.
    Whoah! Firstly, I wasn't offended. My post wasn't even directed at you. I was merely responding. There wasn't even a hint of a suggestion that you were evading tax. That is definitely an assumption of your own.

You don't need an ABN as a sole trader. It depends on how you run your business. But yes, there are other things that are lawfully required if you are carrying on an enterprise and I have pointed that out.

And if you are, say, working with hazardous materials in your cleaning then you do need a licence.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to InBetween For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Public liability get it!!!! We've used ours already Thanks to someone claiming we damaged their floors ( as if!! ) but it's handy to have.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

InBetween  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree with all stated above. Good luck with your new adventure!

i actually just started a facebook group to help mummies out by getting support & advice from other mummies, you can check it out at
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2811...if_t=group_r2j

Wish you all the best!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolier For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i actually just started a facebook group to help mummies out by getting support & advice from other mummies, you can check it out at
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2811...if_t=group_r2j
    Not able to check it out as it states that it is a "Closed Group".
    If you open it to the public I'd be happy to have a look