Closed Thread
Page 99 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter break. It was great weather but damn is the wind cold today or what.

Welcome to Ertgirl and Romaverona (congrats roma on Pupo )

Peonies: i can definitely see it too. Woohoo!!!

Nattie: everything goes well.

Hello to TTHC, Mac8, Traveller, EO,Felicita, Kelbelle, Quartz, Catfroggy and Paddlegirl and everyone else that I have missed.

AFM: Spoke with FN Thursday. She said me progesterone levels were supposed to be low prior to ET. It should rise after ET which is good for Pregnancy. She told me that is why they do not give me pessaries until 2 days prior to ET. Apparently it is all to do mith me being POF. So I feel a little better now. I am going to start acupuncture Saturday also. FN recommended it and said there is a good success rate. Still have to get BT for thyroid levels though as I do have problems with it so am off to GP now.

Take care everyone
    Michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wishing4 - that's interesting. I was told to start the progesterone pessaries on the morning after EPU. So day 1 ... and my ET was on day 5.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

wishing4  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies: Do you know what your level was? I have donated eggs and no AF any more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, no I don't. They didn't tell me what my final BT results were before trigger.

I always find it interesting how different clinics do things so differently though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too I read all the post and think OMG are they doing the right thing or not.
    I hope you are going well with everything

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing4 For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - I'm feeling good & cautiously hopeful. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wishing4 View Post
    Spoke with FN Thursday. She said me progesterone levels were supposed to be low prior to ET. It should rise after ET which is good for Pregnancy. She told me that is why they do not give me pessaries until 2 days prior to ET. Apparently it is all to do with me being POF.
    On a natural ovulating cycle:

As egg matures, oestrogen rises.
    - Oestrogen helps grow uterine lining in preparation for implantation.
    - Oestrogen also helps produce fertile CM in preparation for sperm.

After egg releases from follicle, progesterone rises.
    - Progesterone keeps AF away.
    - It changes the endometrium slightly to make it more comfortable for an embryo.
    - It peaks around 1 week after ovulation, then unless the follicle receives hCG from the implanting embryo progesterone will fall again. If hCG is received then progesterone should stay high and/or increase.

Without a natural cycle you'll take hormones to mimic the those functions, even if you don't reproduce the timing exactly.
    Going on progesterone pessaries should instantly bump your levels up to where they should be, instead of the slow rise of a natural cycle. The latest I would expect someone to start progesterone would be at embryo transfer. It might be unnecessary to start it earlier because there's nothing attempting to implant before transfer? The change to the endometrium probably happens quite quickly once progesterone hits the system.

I don't know the difference in blood progesterone levels when on pessaries vs crinone (different products for the same outcome). I do know that 2 crinone a day isn't quite high enough to keep my AF away completely. If that were my only source of progesterone I'd want close monitoring of levels to be ready to up the dose if results are coming in borderline (<35). Could be practical to start progesterone 1 or 2 days prior to ET, then get blood test at ET to check what level your supplementation reaches and adjust after ET if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - I am so glad to hear that you are feeling much better emotionally. Enjoy your OS trip and have a BLAST!

romaverona - Congrats on being PUPO. Wishing you a crazy free TWW.

nattie84 - Sorry to hear babe. Sending you loads of hugs .

Mac8 - That's awesome, 2 frozen. What a great result you must be very happy.

peoniesarepretty - As with everyone one else, I too can see a second line. As Nat said, I hope it gets darker and darker.

Big hello to everyone else.

I'm still chowing down on chocolate, and I saw the Lindt bunnies for 50% off today and had to run past them to avoid purchasing a bunch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

romaverona  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one this morning!

Peonies-babe I am sooo excited for you!! You're going to have some great numbers on BT day, I just know it!! Congratulations!!

Nattie84-I am so sorry that your excitement was short lived sweety.. Sending massive hugs your way. 

Mac8 & romaverona-sending you lots of baby dust for the tww.. Hope the time is flying by! Will you be poas?

Wishing4-How did you go with your thyroid tests babe? Where are you up to in your cycle?

Be back this arvo for some proper personals!

Xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (11-04-2012),romaverona  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...

Super quick question. I'm currently on 3 xclomid in an effort to fall pregnant somewhat naturally.

Anyway, my temperature went up last Tuesday on CD 18. I know your temp only goes up AFTER you've already ovulated. Question is, what's counted as ovulation day. Would Tuesday be it, so the Wednesday would be 1dpo? Or would I have actually O'd on the Monday, making Tuesday 1dpo?!

Can anyone help?!