Closed Thread
Page 94 of 165 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie84 - glad you were able to get some more Crinone. it helps. I am staying on progesterone support until I am 12 weeks, but with all my BFN I know my FS is being extra cautious.

Peoniesarepretty - As I said, I am on prog until 12 weeks, so if you are going to run out, for your own peace of mind I would be getting more, hopefully you will need them! Here's hoping your other embies get a wriggle on to catch up to the bolter!

Traveler - I have had numerous fresh and FET, some medicated, some not. For lucky no.13, it was a FET, but natural cycle. I ovulate regularly, and Dr didn't want to flare up any endo, after he removed it in November. Although I did take the prednisone without his knowledge. I am also on clexane and progesterone until 12 weeks. Regarding the anxiety - I don't think it's possible to avoid totally, but I know this time I spent ALOT of time in my craft room making cards and scrapbooking - something that relaxes me more than anything else.

Mac8 - Glad to hear EPU went well.

Catemer - I grieved each BFN, I would almost lock myself away for a few days in the bedroom. Then I would feel guilty because DH was grieving too, but I just felt like it was my fault. Time did help, and I would pick myself up to go again. Good luck for FET

Alison - are you checking to see if the tubes are patent? I have had that done and had to take a few panadeine and naprogesic before hand. Not pleasant, but ok pain wise...uncomfortable for awhile. But what procedure do we have done that is actually pleasant?

Lindylou and Lola77 - I fully understand your need for space. I have been TTC since Oct 2004 and it seemed everyone I knew was coming and going with babies except me. An old school friend I caught up with on facebook has an 18 year old! Hopefully when you are ready you will be back and your next transfer will be the one! Thinking of you both xxx

Bebehvala - so glad your scan went well. Thanks for your msg re ob.

to all the other Sydney ladies I have missed

AFM - I have hesitated coming in to share my 7 week scan results because I know there are so many of us long term TTC struggling to get results. There was talk a little while back about turning 35 and how your fertility rate is dropping. On the Genea website, they are now saying 37...and can I let you know that I turned 39 the week of my BFP, so please do not give up.

I had my scan on Friday and there is one little heartbeat pumping away at 161bpm. Just the most amazing morning. My Dr had a bigger smile than DH and myself put together

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    nattie84 - (Returning discussion from PMs back to thread.)

Cool that you don't need my leftovers but can get your hands on some fresh stuff instead.
    I hope it's just that your ovaries don't feel like responding to the hCG, and that it's not a sign of an embryo or implantation problem. The hCG number looks promising.

The placenta takes over progesterone production at the end of the first trimester, so if it's just stupid ovaries that don't know what they're supposed to do then you stay on progesterone support until 12-14 wks just like for a medicated FET.

And, I guess, if bubs is fine at 12 wks but placenta also doesn't want to make progesterone then you'd stay on support until bubs is born.

Good luck. I've got everything crossed for you.

peonies - nattie's situation is not common. Normally if hCG goes up then progesterone will too. But if you're worried about running out I can post some of my spares (or deliver in person to address or neutral ground).

Answering "why do I have spares"? Every cycle my clinic gives me enough to get to blood test and beyond. They give out 18 days worth, and do blood tests at 16dpo. I always used them from the newest packs, so have a few leftover from each of my cycles, with expiries from 03/2013 through to 03/2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of my fingers and toes are crossed for you Nattie! Gosh, what a rollercoaster. Take care. Sending lots of sticky vibes and your way xxxx

Peonies - good luck for those extra embies catching up!

Kelbelle - yay for that beautiful heartbeat. I know I can only speak for me, and Im an IVF newbie, but please please never feel hestitant to share your baby news. You've battled hard and got your miracle and for me, that just gives me hope and happiness! Congrats and enjoy every single second

Ok so I'm going to sound like an alco but I'm taking the opportunity between EPU and transfer to enjoy a couple of glasses of red tonight Figure there's no eggs to damage and no embie in there yet, so may as well spoil myself asand celebrate 6 little embies.... there will be 8 months of non-drinking to make up for it!

Anyone doing anything fun over Easter? As I'm totally expecting to be going bonkers by the weekend due to the TWW I figure DH and I may as well get out of town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - thanks very much for the kind offer. I am actually not on Crinone, although I guess it's similar stuff. I will ask the clinic about it again & see if they'll give me some more - it only runs out the day before the BT.

Mac8 - oh, me too. I'm totally on the wine. Actually, I did not stop leading up to EPU. I don't mean I didn't stop, as in I drank continuously haha ... I mean I didn't consciously abstain. My FS told me it was fine. I didn't have any big nights, of course - just a couple of wines at home. I read that red wine helps the lining anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelle- congratulations! Im so happy you saw a little heartbeat! Do you have a nickname for the bub yet? I too can only speak for myself, but please don't go! I love hearing your updates. I have seen on another thread that pregnant people before they say anything pregnancy related put *pregnancy alert*. I guess that way if people struggling don't want to read then they dont have too?

Natt- I'm so sorry it wasn't a clear cut positive. But I too believe your progesterone can pick up!!! Could you do 4 pessaries a day?

Mac and piones- drink up while you still can I say!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clearly from my last two posts I can't spell peonies!!!! Sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe No worries Traveler. Thanks to all you ladies for your good vibes!

Mac8 - any word on your embies yet? Oh, and just wanted to clarify what I said yesterday about drinking while stimming. What my FS said is that you're born with all your eggs, not actually creating them during each cycle. So he said lifestyle factors would be more relevant to DH than me. (as it happened, made no difference for poor DH anyway)

Got another update from the lab at about 9am this morning, and I feel much better. The clear winner from yesterday is still winning - the embryologist said it is forming into an early blast already so she is very happy with that. And there is one other that obviously sped up & got itself to 8 cells after the call yesterday, and has started to compact this morning ... so she was positive about that one too. She said there's one other at 6 cells, bit slow but see how it goes. And the others are still only 4 cells, so no go.

My transfer is at noon tomorrow. Acupuncture at 9:30 and 2pm. Woo hoo!
    Oh, and I think somebody asked ages ago if anyone's acupuncturist does any other sessions post transfer. Well, this place I'm going does. I had a session the Sunday before last, while I was stimming. Then another on Sat, the day after EPU, then the before & after transfer sessions tomorrow. Then another session 3 days later on Saturday, followed by another session a week after transfer, next Wed. Does anyone else have that many? Hope it helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the me post but am on phone. so I went to naturopath today. She had got my BT results from clinic. She was not happy with them. It seems my progesterone levels were <6 when they said I was good for fet. My estrogen was 1542 & LH 36.5. I am meeting with FN Thursday to find out what the h*** is going on. I am so upset as that emby was perfectly formed 8 cells and they may have caused this. Argh!!! I want to scream. Has anyone got any suggestions please.
    Peonies good luck with et.
    will be back later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies good luck for tomorrow!! The ET is the easy bit!

Wishing I am hating doctors about now it's like they dont realize or understand what we go through and pay. Mine yesterday was like well let's be positive we got a frozen embryo and I'm like yes but we paid $4.5 k for the two and I would like this one to progress grrr

Sorry for the rant lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Nattie84 - I totally understand how you feel. Thats eventually why I changed FS. After I already told my FS that I'd miscarry last time I was pregnant... He told me to "sit tight" and "wait it out". Even when I was bleeding heavily and there was no sac at a 6 week scan he continued to tell me to "sit tight". I ended up hating his guts so so much. He had no idea how I felt and as long as he's getting paid I don't think he really cared. I hope things improve for you

Wishing4 - Sorry I have no suggestions, but I'll keep my that things get better for you!

Peonies - Good luck for ET tomorrow! How exciting! Your embyos are sounding like little winners. Hopefully you'll get some frosties too (but hoping you won't need them!)

Mac8 - Definitely take up the chance to have a few glasses of wine now... Cause hopefully you won't be allowed any for the next 9 months!

Felicita
    - How is everything going with those twinnies of yours?

Kelbelle
    - Woohoo! That is fantastic news! I'm happy to hear of your healthy little miracle bubba

Traveler - I hope you get the go ahead for your FET. I totally understand your anxiety. I get so totally wrapped up in my cycle that nothing else matters. I probably should go and see an IVF counsellor, but I already know what they'd say.

Hello to everyone else...

AFM - Well I've been a busy little beaver. Wedding plans are going full steam ahead. Went to see my RI and as I'm ovulating he's happy to let us keep trying ourselves for the next 3 months. I actually made an effort with the OPKs and temp charting this month. Turns out I ovulate late in my cycle. I had pos OPK on Sun and Mon (CD 16 & 17) and my temp went up today CD 18. So must've O'd yesterday or something. I'm taking low dose aspirin, megafol, dexmethsone and provera. Fingers crossed something happens. I'm on Week 8 WBT and I've lost a total of 7.8kg so far. I've been exercising nearly every day. This is the best I've felt in a long time by far. We were hoping to do an IVF cycle in June... But I might put it off till after the wedding as I really don't want to be stressing too much about it.

Anyhow....... Enjoy the rest of your week!