Closed Thread
Page 92 of 165 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Hi Ladies. Unfortunately Dr G was unable to find any sperm in DH. He spent over an hour searching high & low, but nothing.

7 eggs were retrieved from me. I suspect the FNs may have been over-estimating what they saw (or think they saw), because when the FS came to chat to me beforehand, he said my cycle had gone perfectly & was "textbook", and he had stopped worrying about OHSS at all. (nobody told me though) Looks like I don't have polycystic ovaries at all, so he might have overstated the risk, as my AMH is average for my age.

Waiting for more info from the scientist.
    Oh you poor thing having gone through all of that to hear that news xoxo

I am confident they will have some ideas of what to do next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks nattie. We had donor sperm picked out & ready as backup, so they're using that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - good to hear you got some nice eggs. I'm sorry your FS couldn't find any of your DH's swimmers, know it must be a sad milestone for you to get through. I hope you're both doing ok and looking forward to the next step - you're still on the road to a taking home beautiful bub

Lindylou - take care bella, you sould like you've got the perfect week to take your mind of things as much as you can. Hope you all have a lovely time

I just got the call from the FN and I'm on track for EPU on Sunday morning. Trigger tonight. Feeling excited but apprehensive too.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend in the sunshine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow Mac8!!

Lindylou - totally understand, you need to just regroup & look after yourself. Hope you check in on us here soon though. Take care lovely.

Loulabelle - congratulations on the birth of Summer!

Lola - nice to hear from you. Look after yourself, and hope you're feeling better about things soon.

AFM: Ok, all 7 eggs were mature good ones. They've ICSId them all and will ring tomorrow with fert update. My poor stoic DH is doing fine. He had a little nap, and now he's chowing down toast like a starving child from Somalia. He's not in pain yet, but that's because Dr G sent him home with a local anaesthetic. I am a bit sore, but quite perky - didn't really have a general, was just heavily sedated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Peonies - What great egg numbers especially as they are all mature , sad to hear about DH, but is great you had that back up and with your fert rates.

Mac8 - Goodluck for Sunday, for lots of great eggies

Nattie - for Mondays BT, hope you have a good sticky one there.

Catemar - How did you go at the FS (hope i have the date/time right), do they have a new plan of attack for you and your DP?

Big hello to everyone else, and those taking a break from BH, take care and know we will all be here when you are ready xx

AFM - Not a lot happening, dont think I have had too many side effects from the DHEA yet have been taking it for about 4 weeks now, although I am sure DH might disagree and say I am possibly just a little more moody at times . Have a busy few weeks ahead between work and getting it all sorted for the time off I need at the start of May for the op, also have another test to get done to check my tubes to see if they need to be removed as well - which was a possibility after the first lap in Sept last year - it is a type of ultra sound which shows the tubes - anyone had anything like that - cant see it being very pleasant though. On top of that first lot of school holidays for DS, plus Easter and he has his second ever soccer game tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies- I'm so sorry that the Dr couldn't find any sperm. But I'm glad you had a donor backup that u were both happy with. Congrats on having them all mature. Can't wait to hear ur fert rate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of the 7 eggs, 1 didn't survive the ICSI process, 5 have definitely fertilised and the last 1 maybe ... it was a little bit slower so they couldn't say for sure. They'll call again on Monday. ET on Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all...

Thanks so much to everyone for their support for us with our BFN last week. Being the trooper that DP is she wants to cycle straight away again, so we are back on the roller coaster.

AFM - we seem to have bounced back a bit from our bfn last week. The chat with the FS over the phone on Thursday has really helped a lot. It reassured us a lot. Especially my thought that i was doing something wrong or not doing something i should have been for DP. In a nut shell we are doing everything medically possible at the moment anyway. I asked about acupuncture, I asked about Colorado protocol, I asked about doing the hula - no just kidding but I felt like I was asking about anything and everything! Putting DP on additional drugs is not a good idea due to existing medical history so In our FS opinion Colorado is not a good idea for us. we have however changed the dose of some of the drugs DP is on so hopefully that is all the tweaking that we need.
    DP had her scan and bloods on Friday. Scan showed small follies at this stage. But that's ok as it was only day 8 and we are doing a frozen this cycle, so our follies this time don't really matter much except for timing I guess! Started stabbing with an increased dose of Gonal-F last night. DP has another blood scheduled for Wednesday with a follow up scan on Easter Saturday. At this stage it looks like FET will be early in the week after Easter... Who knows could even be on the wednesday - DP's birthday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

Nattie: Hope your BT results tomorrow are a BBFP

Loulabelle: Congrats

Mac8: all went well with EPU today

TTHC: hope AF comes along your way soon.

Bebe: wow a boy that's great news

Lola: so sorry to hear about BFN. I look around and see pregnant people and it makes me so angry that I am still persevering with this. I also don"t really have a good support base besides my partner and all of you lovely ladies. Take care and I hope we see you back soon.

Lindylou: Enjoy your holiday and take a lot of time out for yourself. Indulge I say. In answer to your question: unfortunately or fortunately (depending) I do not get AF anymore (menopausal & thyroid probs). So my cycle starts when I book in (planning end April). I take Progynova for about 2 weeks to get lining thickness, then I take pessaries and then transfer will happen.

Catemar: good luck with the cycle.

Peonies: Wow great fertilisation. Yay!!!

Hi to Traveller, Alison, Felicita and everyone else I have missed.

AFM: Not much going on, just sitting back and relaxing and preparing my mind and body for next FET.

Bye for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick one to wish nattie84 the best for today's BT! I just saw your profile pic is of two beautiful strong lines!!!! yay babe

Peonies-fingers crossed for some great egg fertilization reports!! I hope they are all growing beautifully!!

Back soon for personals xx