Closed Thread
Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Hey guys just a quick question when do you get to have ur first scan? I thought with public it was like 12 weeks but with OB ???
    With my IVF clinic they get you to have one at 7 weeks to see if it is a viable pregnancy.... I am not sure but would assume this is the practice for all clinics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loulabelle - Congratulations on the arrival of baby Summer, wonderful news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Nattie - congrats on your BFP - good luck for your BT on Monday!

Loulabelle - congratulations on the birth of little Summer!

Peonies - good luck for your EPU tomorrow!

Traveler - Hang in there and spoil yourself a bit. You'll get there.

AFM, well follies are growing well. FN said I need to come in for another scan and BT tomorrow but she expects I'll get the go ahead for my trigger tomorrow night then EPU on Sunday. This part actually feels like it's moving so fast - I've only been on FSH jabs for 7 days!! Is that short compared to you other ladies?
    Last edited by Mac8; 29-03-2012 at 16:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hia everyone!!

I am at my SIL's using her internet as I am still waiting for a Telstra Tech to come.... I feel lost without my internet and regular access to bubhub!! Personals today have to be short and sweet at this PC is RUBBISH!

Nattie84 - I do hope you are able to change the tide with all of the bad news in here.

EO - Almost 12 week scan time...... yipeeee for you!

Peonies - All the very best for EPU tomoz.

Traveler - I hope you've been feeling a bit better, perhaps a trip the FC counceller could help?? It's such a **** way to feel.

TTHC - Thanks for asking, Morph Scan was today. Come on AF what is she waiting for??

Alison -Damn on the surgery front . Lets hope the next few months goes quickly for you.

Big wave to Quartz, Felicita, Lindy and the rest of the crew I've missed.

AFM - Morph scan was today and baby looks healthy and very sleepy, just like his Mummy!! We were both over the moon to hear we are having a BOY as there are all girls in my family, there are has not been one born since my Dad!! Gotta run, and promise to get back to proper personals when my internet is up and running.

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,
    I just wanted to drop in and say hi and let you know I'm still alive!

The BFN last month hit me pretty hard as I was so convinced that our luck had changed and I was finally going to get that healing BFP, just in time for what should have been our due date.

I found after that disappointment (and I've still not spoken to my FS), I've just found it incredibly difficult to be around pregnant people. I have 5 pregnant friends who I see several times a week who I obviously cannot avoid, so as an attempt at self preservation, I've stayed away from BH and from pregnant friends on facebook or overseas, who I get away with staying away from. This makes me feel tremendously guilty, especially as you guys have all been in his situation and have been so supportive of me in the past. I'm unfortunately not feeling like my head is in the right place to be supportive to others or enthusiastic about their pregnancies right now. I'm hoping that will change.

I had a webcam appointment with Stacey at Sharkeys yesterday and she's recommended we both get tested again (me=AMH, DHEA, vit d, thyroid antibodies etc, DH = sperm analysis), I reduce gluten, only have one tea or coffee a day (I only have one coffee and on tea anyway), cut out sugar (slightly more difficult), re-look at my supplements, take the herbs for a minimum of 3 months. I told her my concerns about time slipping by and she mentioned a recent paper on something to do with stem cells in ovaries. I'll have to dig it out and see if I can post a link.

Anyway, what this ramble was meant to say is that I hope you're all well, but I think I'll be taking a break from BH for a little longer.

Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lola you sound like me! I completely understand babe xoxo

Good morning lovely ladies!

Well today is 14dpo and the HPT didn't get any darker today but I did get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and I have been going a lot more so maybe that's it. I'm not going to do anymore home tests till my bloods cause I am now worried about a chemical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Mac8 - Everyone and every cycle is different. My first antagonist cycle was really short like yours. Didn't happen that way again though.

bebehvala - so pleased you got good morph results, and that you're thrilled with boy.

lola77 - take care of yourself.

nattie84 - still it's a sticky one. Would like to mention that the increased peeing you mention is quite likely due to rising progesterone, and that would come from being pregnant.

loulabelle - congratulations on a wonderful birth.

tthc - sorry, I've never been any good at threatening AF to do what I want.

peonies - Good luck today. I hope your DH has had success already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lola - I avoided BH for a few months last year after my MC and it was a great break. I hope you can find the peace you're looking for and we will all be waiting with open arms ehen you're ready to come back.

Nattie - those HPT can do your head in hey!!! FX for BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie- So wonderful you've actually gotten to see 2 lines for the first time! C'mon embie, pls be sticky!

Traveler- oh honey, it sounds like you're mentally & emotionally very fragile right now and I urge you to see the counsellor at your clinic. The service is there to help you, and even if you don't think you need it, just go along to one session & see if it makes a difference. I never realised how beneficial it could be until I went myself, let them give you the right tools to get yourself in a better headspace .

Peonies- I hope you & your DH are both doing well after your procedures, and can't wait to hear how you went!

Alison- I hope you'll be in great hands with your new surgeon, and they can remove all the endo with the next lap. So how are you keeping busy in the meantime? Any special projects to take your mind off the looong wait?

Catemer- how'd things go at the FS yesterday? Like you, I also don't believe in repeating the same process, for fear that the negative results too are repeated. Every transfer, my FS has gone one-better for me. Just remember that with every cycle you are 'testing' a new embryo, and that is the biggest variable of all... even with the right cocktail of meds it won't work until THE competent embryo comes along. All the research I did while waiting for our CGH results shows that the abnormality rate is 50-75%.

Wishing- its almost April! When are you expecting AF to get your FET cycle rolling?

PinkB- thanks darl, hard to imagine ever having that baby in my arms right now, but not ready to give up yet.

TTHC- Hurry up already AF! Mine showed up today, so I'll gladly send her your way if you're still waiting when I'm done. My next FS appointment is April 19. Hanging onto our frostie until we have a clear path forward.

Loulabelle- so glad you stopped by to tell us the good news! Congrats on the birth of Summer , I hope your transition to a family of 4 has been smooth.

Mac8- I haven't done a long cycle before, but with my antagonist cycles, I stim for 10-11 days. I love that it goes so quickly. So glad your stim response has been perfect, hopefully you get an EPU date today!

Bebe- yay for finally finding out the sex! Congrats on your blue bundle . Sounds like it was about time someone broke the pink streak in your family!

Lola- I can relate 100% to everything you said... I'm feeling much the same way after this BFN and seriously considering a BH break myself. Take all the time you need . Sharkey's consult sounds like it went well, they do give lots of food for thought. Stacey has long been following the research that ovaries actually re-generate new cells & hence new eggs. It is a breakthrough .

Felicita- are you getting fat yet?

EO- Are letting yourself believe you're really having a baby yet?

Quartz- Have you told your family about your twins?

Hi to Nat, Lillac, Bella, Paddlegirl & the ladies I've missed

AFM- I'm on holidays from work next week and on Sunday our nieces arrive from QLD (12 & 10 yrs old) to stay for 5 days. Its going to be awesome having the girls around to cheer us up & keep us busy. Got lots of stuff planned, sightseeing, shopping, Easter Show, etc .

We're planning a fresh stim in May to get more CGH testing underway. I don't want to use our last frostie without first having a new batch in the freezer, 'cos all the waiting it sucks when you have to do ICSI-CGH-FET from scratch.

I'm feeling somewhat better after coming to terms with the BFN, but finding it hard at the moment to be supportive to others who are having success (just like Lola said)... and I feel horrible for it. So sorry guys, I am truly happy for all our graduates, but I need some space from being reminded that yet again I'm left behind. So I'm going to use next week as an opportunity to take a break and concentrate on keeping my nieces entertained. Have a lovely Easter everyone, and don't eat too much chocolate
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 30-03-2012 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. Unfortunately Dr G was unable to find any sperm in DH. He spent over an hour searching high & low, but nothing.

7 eggs were retrieved from me. I suspect the FNs may have been over-estimating what they saw (or think they saw), because when the FS came to chat to me beforehand, he said my cycle had gone perfectly & was "textbook", and he had stopped worrying about OHSS at all. (nobody told me though) Looks like I don't have polycystic ovaries at all, so he might have overstated the risk, as my AMH is average for my age.

Waiting for more info from the scientist.