Closed Thread
Page 84 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bella- Oh hun, I really had hoped it was going to be the real thing for you and not a bittersweet chemical pg . I was exactly like you & wanted it over & done with once I knew it was not viable. My level was 34 at 18dpo (2nd BT) and went back to zero one week later. Then AF showed in a bad way. As much as I knew it had been a step forward, it still tore me up when I actually lost the pregnancy. Take good care of yourself .

Catemer- I really hope it wasn't DP's AF that showed and you have a BFP today! Everything crossed for an awesome surprise!

Paddlegirl- gee you had a rough day on Friday you poor thing! Hope it all got sorted & you didn't miss any doses. I had hoped for news of a positive HPT from you over the weekend, but guess we'll have to hang out for your BT today. Good luck!

Nattie- one frostie is great going sweetie. I know you're disappointed but anything in the freezer really is a bonus, especially when you had so few embies to start with. Hopefully you won't be needing it for a long time & you've got a BFP brewing away!

EO- I hope the time flies til your NT scan & 12 wk milestone, and I hope after that some of your anxiety will loosen up. One by one you're clearing those hurdles hun, this bub IS coming . Thanks for your sweet words. Definitely will be seeing Dr R after BFN confirmation. I only had the one US & my lining was 9mm at CD12. I presume it would've got over 10mm by FET day on CD18.

Wishing- Isn't it so comforting to be told there is definitely a child in your future? You were lucky to get a specific idea of the timing, I really hope its the 5 wks, but 5 months is still very close! All I know is that I'm supposed to find out I'm pregnant "soon after a promotion". I'm starting my higher-level role mid April, so I suppose any cycle from here on in could be my lucky one!

Peonies- Hope all is tracking well in the countdown to your big day for EPU and microdissection!

Alison- sorry to hear they've found extensive endo and you'll be needing surgery before you can cycle again. I know the waiting sucks, but it will be worth it when you bub has a 'tuned up' new home to settle into. Yay for getting onto DHEA in the meantime as well, I'm really excited for your next attempt!

Mac8- good luck for your 1st BT after starting FSH. Grow follies grow!

Lillac- Yay for getting all the paperwork done to get started! I really hope your IVF journey is super-short & doesn't become a saga like mine, I hope my diary hasn't depressed you .

TTHC- thanks darl, I'd love to think the BT will give a different answer, but FRER has never got it wrong before. My chem pg was already showing up at 13dpo, so to having BFN at 14dpo is pretty convincing.

Traveler- yes, my head is spinning. I'm out of ideas, we really did everything this time. Really hating IVF right now.

Quartz & Bebe- thanks for your commiserations

Hi to everyone else

AFM- DH & I had a beautiful weekend away, our camping spot was right on the waterfront & the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Once I got over the initial freak-out of not having my smart phone glued to me, I actually did relax properly. So much so that when we got home I didn't even care to POAS, which is unbelievable for me! I only did it because I need to prepare myself in advance of the FN call, and also so DH & I find out together. I'm still shell-shocked that it was BFN. So I'm going to let myself sook, grieve & be mad at the world til I'm all cried out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the 'me' post, but I'm a bit concerned.

So I had BT and scan this morning - all seemed pretty good for Friday, but follies not big enough for Wednesday. But the nurse just rang me - my e2 level is 6100! And she seemed to think that was "really good". WTF? And FS apparently wants me to stay on 250 of Puregon for the next 2 nights.

I am concerned. Everything I've read everywhere says that e2 above 4000 becomes a serious risk for OHSS. He was supposedly very concerned about this for me, and was going to take it low & slow ... but they seem to be happy when my e2 goes up to ridiculous levels. Am I reading wrong info? can someone reassure me that 6000 is not really high? I'm very confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peonies I can't help sorry but maybe if you are concerned call and ask them for clarification.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to ask the FN about this, but she just kind of brushed it off and said it was good. Unless we have a completely different scale in Australia than the US, it doesn't sound to me.

Maybe I should ring & ask for the FS to call me himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peonies, from memory mine were about 7000 and no mention of ohss risk. I was fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bella. Was that at the end of the stims?

Mine was 1500 on Friday and is 6100 today ... so I just dread to think what it might be by EPU on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies, sorry I don't have personal experience with OHSS, but I recall on my first cycle with my current FS that he was looking for my E2 to hit 8000. We never got there as I only had 6 mature eggs that cycle, E2 was ~3000. I'd still call your clinic & get piece of mind though. Don't feel silly for asking, its better safe than sorry!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Thanks Bella. Was that at the end of the stims?

Mine was 1500 on Friday and is 6100 today ... so I just dread to think what it might be by EPU on Friday.
    I think it was a Friday BT and EPU was Monday. They will monitor you closely so try not to worry.

I know it's hard but try to trust the clinic. It's such a stressful time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies: I think the 4000 you are referring to is from a US/UK website. They use a different measurement to Australia. 6000 is a great level, on my last cycle my E2 levels from memory got to over 19000 prior to Trigger. Once they drain the fluid from your follicles with the eggs your E2 levels will drop so if the clinic are concerned they will do a BT the day before the expected ET to recheck your levels and make sure they haven't gone back up again as thats when OHSS sets in. So when you hear of people saying to drink 3litres of water per day to avoid OHSS its to assist with flushing the extra E2 from your system to avoid OHSS setting in. Unfortunately on my cycle even though i drank 3L of water per day my E2 levels rose after EPU and my ET was cancelled due to OHSS. Try not to worry about the number it’s actually a great number to have.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies; I feel more at ease.

EO - thanks for confirming that US levels are different to Australia, that really helped to knwo that. Okay, I feel better now. As far as the follies went, there seemed to be about 8 on each side. A couple of lead ones around 16mm, but more around 13mm. It was hard to tell - she didn't always say what was going on. Nobody ahs told me a thing about my lining either, so I'm going to ask on Wednesday.