Closed Thread
Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Ladies..... I have a quick question (I apologies for the TMI!!!). For the past week now when I go to the bathroom I have noticed a light brown when I wipe - never very much and not every time. It has only ever been brown, no red. I have worn pads a few times to keep track of it but the most I have seen on them is literally a dot of brown. I haven't been too stressed about it but now this is day 5 of it so I just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Rang the clinic at lunch time and am still waiting for someone to call me back so thought some of you might have an answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all.

Apologies for yet another me post.

Not the news we wanted, hcg levels have dropped slightly so it's definitely a chemical pg.

Dh and I are sad and disappointed, but I can still see lots of positives. I got pregnant for the first time ever! This is by far the furthest we've ever been. Even though our bub wasn't sticky this time my body actually let something happen.

I'll come back for some personals on the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    Hi all.

Apologies for yet another me post.

Not the news we wanted, hcg levels have dropped slightly so it's definitely a chemical pg.

Dh and I are sad and disappointed, but I can still see lots of positives. I got pregnant for the first time ever! This is by far the furthest we've ever been. Even though our bub wasn't sticky this time my body actually let something happen.

I'll come back for some personals on the weekend.
    Hugs.... So sorry it wasn't the outcome you hoped for. So impressed that you are able to see the positives - what strength you have! Look after yourself over the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella978 - I'm so sorry . It's good you're looking at the positive side, so good luck with the next one. Will you be able to go straight into a FET? or do you need to stim again?

quartz - They say brown is fine. Do you know your progesterone from your BT? If it's high enough you don't need to fret about AF.
    Consider what's happening (and has happened) in your uterus: you've got a healthy blood rich lining that is being invaded by a developing placenta. It's not surprising to have some bleeding (I think it's more surprising that some people don't get any bleeding).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    quartz - They say brown is fine. Do you know your progesterone from your BT? If it's high enough you don't need to fret about AF.
    Consider what's happening (and has happened) in your uterus: you've got a healthy blood rich lining that is being invaded by a developing placenta. It's not surprising to have some bleeding (I think it's more surprising that some people don't get any bleeding).
    Thanks - I just had a call from the clinic and they have put my mind at ease. The nurse said everyone who goes through a FET gets this because of the pessaries irritating the vaginal wall. I didn't think it was much to worry about but I just needed to check, I think I am becoming a crazy neurotic person - I am usually the complete opposite. Thanks for your reply though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, sorry to hear that hun, but its good you and your DH are being so positive about it

quartz, I have heard the same as what felicita said, brown is ok, and I've been told it can be caused by the pessaries

peonies, its great your follies are coming along nicely. Its hard not knowing in advance what day EPU will be and being able to take time off in advance.... I always found that tricky.

AFM, I HAD been Zen about the TWW, but today I had a meltdown and cried a few times. Had some spotting this morning, tried not to pay it too much attention but it must have played on my mind. Its been a really stressful week. Its bad timing as I wanted to have a relaxing TWW period, but its probably been the most stressful week I've had this year - mainly due to work stuff and some other non IVF related things. Then I had to organise to get some more Fragmin. I only got one box (silly me) when I filled the script and I need two more injections if I keep jabbing till Mon (when BT is). But chemists dont seem to stock it, and have to order it in. So ringing around trying to get a place that stocks it. The chemist I got it from two weeks ago said initially they can get it in tomorrow (fine). Then they say oh wait, tomorrow is Sat, we cant get it till Mon. (Darn). Then they ring me and say they can do a rush order - extra $20. multiple calls. Meanwhile whats going around my mind is, "well, if AF is coming, then why am I going through all this trouble to get the Fragmin anyway? I dont want to keep jabbing..." Call the clinic, end up crying to the nurse. Nurse is nice and reminds me spotting doesnt mean anything. Hang up and cry some more because now I am thinking of the outcome. Email a friend in the office. She is busy and doesnt reply so I compose myself. She comes to find me an hour later and asks whats wrong. More tears. End of the day another friend comes to say goodbye and I look miserable so she says with a grin (thinking I'm stressed about the work stuff) "you need to go home and have a big glass of wine", so .... more tears. Poured out my woes. Turns out lots of other little things have been bugging me, like the fact I'm not that happy in my job but stay partly because my boss is supportive, gives me time for IVF appts etc, I have maternity leave etc.
    So, I HAD been calm and zen. But today I've been heaps.

Sorry for the long me post. I am exhausted and think its time for a nice cup of tea. Or chocolate ice cream. Since I cant have that wine.

Hi to everyone else and hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella xo that is a good attitude to have babe. Just have an easy next few days and give yourself time to grieve.

Oh paddle xoxoxo i feel for u babe! Hang in there it's not over just yet!!!

The TWW is the worst! And it's even worse during an ivf cycle I am only 3dp5dt and I am already getting upset and wish it was over!
    Last edited by nattie84; 24-03-2012 at 08:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bella - I'm so sorry darl. Massive . But you're so right to look at the positive side. You did get pregnant, so your body can do it! Onwards and upwards, my dear.

Paddle - oh no, sounds like you had a horrible day. Those hormones can make you feel terrible. Hope today is a brighter day for you. Hang in there!

Lindylou - amazingly I did not get any redness from the orangutan at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Well, looks like we are out this cycle. AF arrived for DP yesterday. At first it was just a little light bright red blood, but now it is a full on AF.

I can't help but wondering what I have done wrong. I know DP has done and is doing everything she can to make this work, so my head tells me it must be me.... I must have fed her something wrong, not done enough so that she could rest, not been there when she needed to lift something. But then I think we have both followed all the directions and precautions we were told. Does this ever get any easier?

I have read a few things on here about the Colorado protocol and was thinking we might speak to our FS to see what more we can do to help? At the moment DP has gonal-F prior to FET (as well as the Pom juice), then has a shot of 1500 pregnyl night before FET, and has 2 further shots of pregnyl during the TWW, she also starts taking aspirin in the night of O, then Clexane starts on day 7.

What more can we do? Any other drugs to throw in the mix?

What has worked for you?

What more is thrown in for Colorado?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all you wonderful ladies!

Sorry that i have been MIA for a while, we have been given a lot of information to digest and taking time getting through it all.

I have been reading each day how you are all going, and so excited for all the BFP's that have been happening lately -

Bella978 - to you and your DH, not the news we all wanted to hear for you, but you are amazing to be so positive about it.

Catemer - Big to you as well, I know how devastating it it when AF arrives, it sounds like you take wonderful, amazing care of your DP. I really believe that everything happens for a reason, and whilst we may not see what it is at the time it may be clearer later. I know how hard that is, as I am still trying to figure our why our little embie didnt stick as well.

Big hello to everyone else, i know i have missed a lot of you

AFM, since we had the news of our BFN, we had to see our FS again. When we saw her there are a few things that need to happen before we cycle again. She has put me on DHEAs 25mg 3 times a day to help with the egg quality, since we only had 1 mature egg at EPU. She has also put me back on the pill to shut my ovaries down and rest them. The third which is pretty major, referred me to another gyno surgeon as I have sever endo, it has stuck my bowel to my uterus and also damaged my ovaries and tubes. He needs to operate to take out as much as possible and at this stage the best case scenario is taking pieces out of my bowel (like holes) and sewing them up, worst case is having to remove a segment as such of bowel, and on top of that I have to have a certain ultrasound (which wont be pleasant) to get a look at my tubes before hand, as if they are inflamed or swollen they will also need to come out. On the positive we should be right to start a new cycle in mid June, and FS said we are long way from giving up and still fully believes that we will get there.

Hoping you are all enjoying the sunshine this weekend.

xx