Closed Thread
Page 78 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies for all your well wishes! I am officially PUPO yay

Will find out tomorrow if the other two embys are ok to freeze!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella- I am thinking of you today with your BT! I hope for excellent news!

Nat- congrats on getting through et!

Is anyone watching "Private Practice" at the moment? Addison is going through ICSI with donor sperm...interesting...the drugs made her a crazy nightmare, she went for her first scan where they saw "4 eggs" (not follicles) so they nocked her out in the chair to extract them lest she ovulate (no measuring the follicles or a trigger). There was no talk of empty follicles or of eggs being immature. Then when she came too, she watched her FS (not a scientist) inject the eggs with the sperm.

It just annoyed me that apart from going crazy from the drugs, it just seemed so easy. Who knows, I may turn the tv on this Thursday and find that none of her 4 eggs fertilized, but I doubt it. Really, the injecting is the easy bit and they didn't get it at all!

Ok crazy tv rant over

3. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my dh and I were watching it the night before our egg collection HHS and I was like what they can't do that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    nattie - woo hoo! for a sticky one.

bella - can't wait to hear how you went today. So hope it's a BFP! Don't even know if you POAS.

Thanks everyone else for thinking of me and asking. I only just got the call from the clinic. My e2 was at 522 today ... much better than Monday so it's definitely rising. But she said they'd want to see it at least doubled, preferably tripled, on Friday. I'm to stay on 250 of Puregon for tonight & tomorrow - no Orgalutran yet as my LH is low. Have BT and scan on Friday - and it's a "proper" scan (i.e. by the imaging place, not the FN) and have to have the full bladder for it. They're thinking probably Wed or Fri next week for EPU, which is what we thought. Apparently Dr Golovsky has been given a heads up on that too.

(Just as an aside - Felicita, we were told Dr G would fit around my cycle to do DH's microdissection on whatever day my EPU was happening ... even though he originally said he does them on Thursdays. As they only do EPU on Mon/Wed/Fri, that was never going to work! )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is what they said "There is pregnancy hormone but don't start celebrating until we do a repeat BT on Friday."
    Hcg is only at 37, which I know is quite low but I'm so excited that something actually happened in there!!! Thanks so much for all the wishes and support. Please keep sending me sticky vibes/positive thoughts/ prayers etc until Friday and hopefully my levels will double.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella-its great news that something is happening in there!!! I will keep my fingers crossed & your embie in my prayers for Friday's BT! Stay positive sweety and I really hope Friday surprises you with a massive hcg rise!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - am keeping everything crossed for you that Friday brings great news. You poor thing having to wait it out another 2 days but great news something is happening!

Nattie - Congrats on being PUPO! Hope the TWW goes smoothly for you

Bebe - Hope you are all settled into the new home, must be so nice to have your own space again

Traveler - I so agree with Private Practice, its so annoying how they trivialise the whole thing... if only it were that easy!

Peonies - Glad everything is on the rise for you. How are you going with all the meds? Hopefully you are feeling ok.

EO - How are things going with you?

Pink Butterfly - Sorry to hear things with Isabella are worse than you hoped and that the poor thing is struggling on the antibiotics. Hope things start to pick up for you soon.

TTHC - Hope AF co-operates and you can get into your FET soon... waiting around is so hard!!

Hi to everyone else I have missed

AFM - 5 and a half weeks today, I have a stressful couple of days as my last 2 BFPs went really wrong at this point. Both times the embryos stopped growing at 5-6 weeks, usually my HCG goes to about 3000 and then only increases ever so slightly from there. Have been trying to stay positive but much easy said than done. Went for another follow up blood test this morning and my HCG level was 8095 so everything is still on track - wonder when I will let myself believe this might actually happen this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella- Oh poo! HCG limbo is the WORST!! It really could go either way from here, so hold onto hope that bub was just slow to get started & your levels will soar by Friday! Anything over 5 is considered pregnant, so right this minute you definitely are UTD , now c'mon bubba- get sticky in there! I'll have everything crossed for you hun

Nattie- yay, congrats on being PUPO!

Traveler- sorry don't watch that show but I get similarly annoyed watching lab scenes in CSI and the like. They make out like you can magically extract a liquid, put it through a machine and find out exactly what its made from... so doesn't happen that way IRL.

Felicita- I so love hearing about your scans. I'd be very hesitant to have a CVS or amnio too, I saw a thread recently where a lady m/c after an amnio & it scared the bejesus out of me. Hopefully its all moot for you anyway 'cos you've got 2 super healthy bubs on board!

TTHC- you type longer personals from your phone than I do on the PC lol! For some reason I find my upper inner thighs the easiest & least painful spot to jab the clexane. Plus its easy to squeeze an ice pack between my legs while I sit down to prepare the shot, haven't found a good hands-free way to keep pressure on the ice pack if I'm jabbing my belly. Oh and a tip- be sure to get a sharps box & alcohol wipes from your clinic, the chemist doesn't provide them when you fill your script. Wow, you weren't showing at 21 wks with your DS? Thats amazing! If I get my BFP next week I'll be glad to give you the clairvoyant's details... the promotion part has sort-of come true .

Bebe- you can find out the gender of your bub at 18wks can't you? Or worst case, the 20 wk morph scan which is very close for you now! Hope you're settling into the new house OK.

Peonies- yay for E2 rising nicely and things shaping up for EPU! I find it strange they want you to have a full bladder for Friday's scan though, I thought all follicle tracking was via dildocam with empty bladder? Oh well, I guess you can enlighten us afterwards! Grow follies grow

Catemer & Paddlegirl- hope you're going OK and maintaining sanity in the TWW. Hope your embies have well & truly stuck by now

EO- did you end up getting some help for your MS when you saw your OB?

Mac8- how was your BT today? Hope you get the green light to move onto stimming!

Quartz- Woo-hoo, those levels are sounding awesome!! Hopefully it will seem more real to you once you've seen a heartbeat (or two).

Hi to Nessika, Nat, PinkB & everyone else

AFM- I'm 5dp5dt now and have one foot on the train to Nutsville! By tomorrow I expect I'll have full-blown TWW crazies . Got some good news yesterday regarding a promotion at work that I applied for- I did well enough at interview & testing to be given the role at an "Acting" level for 6 months, following which I'll be promoted in full if all goes well! Its a very senior position, so I'm thrilled at the chance to work my way into it rather than get thrown straight in. As mentioned in my previous post to Quartz, I had a clairvoyant tell me about 2yrs ago that I'd be pregnant soon after 'some kind' of promotion... so here's hoping she's right
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 21-03-2012 at 16:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

So we have got home and I think DP may be getting AF. She has had some cramping yesterday and today. But weirdly it seems to ease off when she lays down? Which is totally not normal for her AF cramps. She is also a little constipated... Not normal either for AF.

She is still jabbing with the clexane, and as such she doesn't want to do any HPT. She says she doesn't know how she would have the ability to continue stabbing with the clexane if it is a bfn. " Cos it is a 'horrible' needle!"

To top it off DPs mother had been taken to hospital after a fall last night. MILs MS dr seems to think that this fall was the last straw and that MIL will need to go into a nursing home when discharged. Unfortunately they are 5hr drive away so all we can do is wait by the phone, and wait for Monday! Any ideas on distraction techniques?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz-your numbers sound perfect!! I hope you start feeling more confident now.. After I lost the twins, I promised myself the next time I was pregnant I would embrace & enjoy every minute of it, because I spent 14 weeks stressing & it didn't change the outcome unfortunately.. Might be easier said than done.. Remind me I said this when the time comes!!!

Lindy-congrats on the promotion!! The clairvoyant is half way there babe!! I can't wait for the other half to come true next week!! I type up my posts on my notes, and jump to & from BH.. It's a mission, but worth it  when I think of jabbing my inner thigh, it brings tears to my eyes! Isn't the skin there really sensitive!? Ouch!! I guess that's what the ice is for! I still have my sharps box from my stim cycle-but thanks for reminding me!! Yeah I didn't 'pop' with DS until 23 weeks (I just had a look back at my weekly pregnancy pics), before that it could easily be hidden with a looser top! Then with the twins, I could barely hide it at 13 weeks (and I started off at the exact same weight as with DS)! Have you decided if you will poas? All of us will be on the edge of our seats waiting for the result!!!
    Last edited by The Time Has Come; 21-03-2012 at 16:51.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (22-03-2012)