Closed Thread
Page 73 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WOWeeeeeee - so much great news in here lately. Biggest of big congrats to Kebellel!! I am super dooooper happy for you honey!! After everything you've been through I got goose bumps reading your BFP.

And of course for you too Quartz & catfroggy , it was so nice to read these after not being on for so long.

Nat - for you ovulating again. Hopefully you'll have even better news soon.

Bella - I hope your ET went well.

Lindy - Welcome home. Good luck for Friday!! How excitement. Will it be the boy or the girl... ohhhh how exciting [did I say that already?]

traveler - I'm sorry to hear that you've feeling depressed. I'd call the clinic,and get a BT, just to see what your levels are. It's totally understandable to feel the way you do - and it just plain SUCKS!!!

EO -Yeah for the time passing and getting to 9 weeks. Sucks you feel so sick.. I kept telling myslelf if was a good sign. It kinda helped....sometimes.

TTHC - Good luck with the new plan of attack. Sounds promising.

and apologies to everyone and your news I missed.

AFM - Thanks to everyone who asked, I'm well at 17 weeks. I think Ive been feeling a few twinges and flickers that may be bubs - but just can't be sure...
    I've been super busy cleaning my new house, which was left like a pig sty by the last renter. I think I've inhaled more bleach and disinfectant that any pregnant women should her entire pregnancy . DH arrives home tomorrow and then the container arrives on Friday and then it will be unpacking central all weekend for us.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 14-03-2012 at 21:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I've been trying to find time to do personals but haven't managed to yet

I just wanted to thank you all for the thoughts - ET went well and we got 3 embies to freeze - 2 hatching 6 day blasts and a 5 day

I will definitely be back for personals ASAP - I'm reading every day.

Just quickly congrats quartz and catfroggy on your bfps.

And TTHC I am on the exact same protocol and have had no side effects other than some bruising from clexane ( the most painful needle I've come across!) ouch!!!

Hope you're all well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I am PUPO!! FET went smoothly yesterday. I took the day off to rest, and visualized the emby snuggling in!!

Thanks for all your good wishes thoughts and sticky baby dust

Bella, 3 embies to freeze is a good number but hopefully you won't need them anytime soon! :-)

TTHC - as with Bella, I am on a similar protocol. Mine is
    Doxycycline (instead of augmentin, as allergic to penicillin)
    Dexamethasone
    Progynova
    Fragmin (instead of clexane)
    Pessaries

Felicita, I had asked FS when we first discussed this if it was the Colorado protocol and he said "its something like it".

Lindylou good luck with FET tomorrow!!! *babydust and sticky vibes*

And good luck anyone else who might be having EPU, ET or a BT!!

Now to find some way to distract during the TWW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, its fortunate you haven't had side effects (other than bruising ouch!) Something in my meds cocktail gave me insomnia, I think the dexamethasone. Would go to bed and be wide awake (very unusual for me) the past few nights. And one might I also woke up about 2 and 4 am. Again atypical - I generally sleep through the night.
    But no thrush luckily (touch wood)
    Wish I had thought of what Felicia suggested and got the pt info leaflets when buying from pharmacy.
    I got home and found they were missing and googled for the PDFs

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Well, AF finally arrived - just within the last hour. 3 days late!! But anyway, we're finally off on this crazy journey ... if tomorrow's BT is all good.

And, I'm so pleasantly surprised I can't believe it, but our health fund have decided to cover our day surgery costs for my EPU and ET and for DH's microdissection. We've had cover for years, but changed funds in December. Our previous plan excluded IVF & fertility investigations (but included obstetrics, etc ). This new plan includes it, but as IVF was restricted by our old fund, we're supposed to have a 12 month waiting period for it. We weren't expecting to be covered, but I got the item numbers and rang to check. They had a little management pow wow and rang back to say they're going to cover it because we were so messed around by our old fund. Gobsmacked! Yay to a health fund staffed by intelligent, compassionate human beings, who use their brains to make decisions and don't just let the system set the rules.

Sorry for the me-me-me post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Insomnia is definitely a common prednisolone side effect. I didn't mention it for dexamethasone as I didn't see it listed in what I was reading so thought it might have been a point of difference between the two drugs, but apparently not.
    My IVF clinic said to take prednisolone at night, but if you're taking it for any other condition they usually say to take it at morning to minimise the effect of insomnia. The IVF clinic probably just didn't think it through properly when they made their recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonisarepretty - yay for AF arriving. Great news with the health fund too. HCF partly cover my day stay for EPU and FET but nothing for drugs etc.

Paddlegirl, Bella978, Catemer - Hope your TWW goes quickly and we have another batch of BFP soon

Paddlegirl - I have the insomnia problem at the moment which I think is from the progesterone. I can be awake anywhere between 2-4 hours, during which time I have watched a movie or disappeared into my craft room and made numerous cards

Bebehvala - hope you enjoy all your unpacking. I never cope well cleaning the bathroom at the best of times with all the fumes. Yesterday I had a towel over my mouth to do it.

The Time has Come - glad to see Dr Felicita has answered all your drug questions...our own little fountain of knowledge!

Traveler - Sorry to hear you are feeling so down Sending you big hugs

Lindylou - Best of luck for FET tomorrow

Felicita - Congrats ??? on your first chunder! Thanks for the prednisone info...It's not something I want to take but I do wonder if it has made the difference for me?

Nessika - yes my FS is Antony Lighten - I can't recommend him highly enough.

Nattie84 - Good luck for EPU tomorrow

Eternal Optimist - hope all went well at your first OB appt.

Hi to all the other Sydney ladies I have missed

AFM - Just waiting till 30th March for first 7 week scan. I have allowed myself to get out baby books a girlfriend gave me 6 years ago for a read! I still really am utterly amazed, as I was mentally preparing myself for it not to work and how to move on with life without kids. Hopefully we will all get our wish for ourselves and each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - re the prednisone. I am taking it in the morning, but am still awake for part of or most of the night. I had put it down to the 200mg progesterone, as before I have only taken 100mg. Either way, I don't care and am not complaining, as something has worked so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prednisone peeps - just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this. I have taken this before, when I had an extreme & sudden allergic reaction with shocking hives/blotches that just kept on raging for weeks ... and at the time my wedding was fast approaching so panic stations.

Firstly, yes it does keep you awake. I am a very poor sleeper anyway, but I seriously couldn't sleep at all on Prednisone. I did not put on any weight (which is supposed to be a side effect), but that could be because I was so stressed about being blotchy.

However, when I stepped down off it I ran into problems. First the doctor said I didn't need to step down, that I could just stop taking it, because I hadn't really been taking it for long enough. But I didn't want to take the risk so he agreed that I should halve the tablet for a couple of days, then a quarter for a couple of days, then stop. It was cutting the tablets that caused the problem - I got a terrible kind of thrush in my throat & mouth from it which was HORRIBLE. Right for my hens night too. I had to use these yukky drops every couple of hours & I felt like crap. So, when you're stepping down the dose, ask for tablets that are a lesser dose in & of themselves - don't just cut them. It's such a strong stuff & when you cut it, the pure drug hits your throat whereas normally pills have a lining on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies,
    hope everyone is well. i am still here I have been lurking a bit as I don't really have anything happening yet..

congratulations to kebelle and quartz and the others. it is really uplifting to see so many bfp's on the thread but i also realise it has taken many of you a long time to get there. I wish you all the best during your pregnancies.

to all the ladies who are still cycling. big hugs for you.

i have first clinic consultation next week so we will see what happens next..i have a very basic question about starting an antagonist cycle...did you all have to start taking the pill? i didn't know this was part of the prepping but i noticed on other threads ladies were talking about bcp for a few weeks prior to the stimming. ...if this is the case, so much for my pledge to self that i would never taking another pill again!! after 10 years on it in the end it was quite futile given my dh's very low sperm count!