Closed Thread
Page 72 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, Im sorry I have been mia for so long. I have been reading along every day, but I’m just finding it hard to post. I am so genuinely happy that we have had so many BFP’s recently, but I find it really upsetting at the same time cos I was supposed to be pregnant with you all. I’m going to attempt to do personals, but forgive me if I leave you out, there are just so many of us now!

Kelleb – I am so thrilled that you are pregnant!!! I don’t often get ‘feelings’ about people cycling, but I had a really strong feeling that this would be your turn. And on your last go too! It must feel so surreal to finally be here after such a long road. Congratulations!

Quartz – the same goes to you, what great HCG levels. I really hope this one is super doper sticky and you have some beautiful babies in your arms at the end! (yep I’m guessing twinnies)

EO- I’m sorry you are feeling so sick with this pregnancy, but if its a sign that all is going well then I would hold onto it, but definitely ask for meds. I’m sure your first OB appointment will be fantastic. I think everyone on BH should give you the full credit for the Pom juice discovery! I know I will be using it when I cycle again!

Felicita – after chucking, you are really pregnant now  I can’t believe you have been so well with two babies growing inside you! I’m so glad it has been smooth sailing emotionally with the donor sperm as well as physically.

Catfroggy – Wow, a BFP already!!! That’s awesome! When is your BT? Yours was a FET wasn’t it?

Bella – this stim cycle has been such a good one, congratulations on being PUPO! Did you get any frosties?

Paddlegirl – I think I have said this before...I HATE baby showers! Even after having DS I still find them SO hard. So good on you for going and putting up with the insensitive questions.

Bebe – how is your little buba going? I’m so glad things are falling into place and you can move away from your MIL before the baby comes.

Nat – I love your testing!! I need daily updates please!!! I really hope you can fall ‘naturally’. That is still my dream!

Lindy – Welcome back to the country. I’m sorry you are sick but at least you can get it out of your system before you are pregnant, and perhaps have built up an immunity before winter. I cant believe your FET is so soon!!! Is this a natural cycle?

TTHC – I’m sorry your last cycle resulted in a chemical. You described it as ‘another chem.” Have you had one before? I always think when people get chems, that at least you know the emby was good enough to try and implant. Sorry you can’t go again straight away/

Pink B – I’m so excited your little one is here! How are things going with two? How have Isabella’s appointments gone?

Lola – how are you going honey? What did you decide re sharkeys, losing weight and using your precious last frosty?

AFM – well, I am pretty depressed, It is the middle of March and I feel like this whole year has been about my miscarriage and I cant get past it. So, my bleeding stopped at 6 weeks, and now I am waiting for AF. We are going away mid April and decided to cycle when we get back, which in January seemed like forever away, yet I may not have even had my first AF by then. Knowing my luck it will come while we are away. I just can’t decide when to call my clinic and ask them when AF should come. It’s 9 weeks this week. I’m sure they will just say “it’s totally normal for some people to take longer than others.” grrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry you're stuck in limbo, traveler.

DH tried to scare us with shingles, but luckily it's just dermatitis flaring up.
    Last edited by felicita; 13-03-2012 at 15:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessika View Post
    I've been with IVF Aust. for the last 7 cycles, have 1 DD cycle #3 and have just had a m/c from #7 so am in complete limbo. Live nr Nth Syd & was wondering if anyone could recommend an FS that they have been thrilled with, starting to feel a bit like a no. at current clinic but maybe they're all like that. Also interested in your opinion about TCM & acupunture - has this made a big difference for you?
    Hi Nessika I am with Next Generation Fertility - Parramatta. My FS Dr B is great - personable, sense of humour, dont feel like a number, the nurses are lovely etc. So I dont think they are all like that. But having said that I dont know about success rates between the clinics and Im not pregnant yet. DK if Parra is too far for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    traveler sorry you've been feeling depressed ... its awful when AF wont show her face and makes you wait. Going away in April sounds like it would be a good break (and away from IVF land). I'll keep my fingers crossed that AF wont come while you're away.
    But yeah, I was tempted to skip the baby shower at the last moment.

lindylou, you're just too effecient!! After I posted the roll call I realised I got the date wrong, I just knew it is on Wed, but you picked up on it and corrected it before I had a chance to get back. Thanks TWW buddy!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Big round of applause yeh!!!

Hi Everyone

I've just been reading all the BFP's. Wow this is great!!!

Congratulations to Kelbelle, Quartz and Catfroggy. Fantastic news.

TTHC Sorry to hear about the chem preg. Hope you are feeling OK?

Peonies: Congrats on finding a sperm donor. Wishing you and DH all the best.

Paddlegirl, Catemar & Lindylou: Best wishes for your FET. They will be sticky ones.

EO & Felicita: I hope you don't have to wait too long for MS to disappear.

Nattie84: Good luck with EPU.

Hi to Nessika, Traveller, Lola, PinkB and everyone else

AFM: not much to report, still plodding along trying to decide when I will book in for next ET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peoniesarepretty - Thanks for reccommending Mark Livingston @ Genea - he sounds really thorough! IVFA can be so disorganised which can make stressful situations worse. I told them off today after receptionist said that my FS wouldn't have time to see me - I replied that'd be right I'm only having a m/c right now & hung up. Anyway he ended up calling me back & apologised. Having said that they did get me my BFP, my DD & I hope that your own miracle is on the way to you this month!

Lindylou78 Best of luck for your Friday FET I absolutely believe in Acu for transfers. Glad to hear another positive attribute to Sharkey's no grains that is some discipline - what on earth can you eat? I'm a wheet bix kid from way back.

Traveler Sorry to hear that you are feeling down, 9 wks is an awfully long time. Hope AF doesn't keep you waiting much longer

Hi to everyone else, this is such a busy thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and one more thing about Mark Livingstone - he has hands down, the absolute nicest & best secretary of any doctor I've ever come across. Soooooo much better than the administrative nightmare that is IVFA.

No grains ... ahhhh, it's not that hard once you get into it actually; it's just getting started. I went (mostly) paleo, which is grain-free, along with lots of gym work in 2010 and lost 18 kgs before my wedding. Shame I've put it back on , but I can partly blame quitting smoking, and then having major abdominal surgery, for that. But anyway, what I ate was a massive fresh fruit salad for brekkie, some kind of salad and protein (usually chicken or tuna) for lunch, sometimes leftover stir-fry with rice (rice was kind of the exception, but tried to keep it minimal) ... and then either fish or meat with salad or steamed veggies for dinner. Makes you feel great actually - we still stay mostly grain free at dinner time.

In other news, still no freaking news on the AF front. *glum*
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 14-03-2012 at 08:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry for no personals but am on my phone. There is no reception at the house we are staying at but for some crazy reason I took my phone to the beach and I have 2 bars!

DP had 2 FET on Monday. We drove the 4.5hrs from holiday and back again. She was feeling a little spewy yesterday but it's settled now. She is really relaxed and destressed so hopefully this is what she needs. We have also been drinking pomegranate juice daily to help with her lining so we'll see if that works for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies!!
    Catemer-Congrats to DP on being PUPO, sending her lots of !

Peonies-AF drives me mad! I can almost guarantee she'll be late for me this month also, just to delay me a little more!!! Hopefully she turned up today for you!!

Nessika-I am also with Next Gen, so probably a little far for you. I'm sure the other ladies have given you some great recommendations!! I'm really sorry about your recent m/c

Wishing4-Thanks hun, yeah I'm doing okay, just eagerly waiting for my next cycle... Any plans for you as yet?

Paddlegirl-Good Luck with your FET today (If I'm right about it being today!!!) Sending you lots & lots of and for the TWW-you WILL be joining our massive list of BFP's!!

Felicita-Hope the twins are being kind to mama!

Traveler-Thanks sweety, yeah I had a chemical last June (my first FET), then the following month I fell pregnant with my twins (2nd FET). I am so sorry that you are feeling like that hun, I wish I could give you some advice, however some days are just so difficult... I think it gets a little easier once you have your AF & you feel that your body is getting back to normal... but in saying that, there are some days (5 months on) that I feel the same way... Maybe also with my due date just around the corner it gets difficult... Sending you tons of

Lindy-Welcome home!! What a busy day you're going to have on Friday babe! I'm really sorry that you have to attend a funeral.. But fabulous news that on the same day your PERFECT little embie will have a perfect home!!!!

Nattie84-Sending you lots of for your EPU on Friday!!! for lots of beautiful eggies!!

Kelbelle-Once again congratulations sweety!!! You have worked so hard to get here, try & enjoy every minute of it!

EO-Happy 9 weeks babe!!! That is going so quickly (for me!) hehe How did your OB appt go today? I hope bub was wiggling lots for mummy! Is this the first time you've met with your OB? do you like him/her? Hope the m/s starts to ease!! As for me ovulating.. I don't even know.. I don't keep track of things & at the moment I don't feel in tune with my body at all!!

Quartz-Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Fabulous numbers!!

Catfroggy-YaY sweety!!! Can't wait to see your BT results with a BFP so early on!!! Your numbers will be through the roof!

Bella-How are you going in the TWW sweety!? Hope you aren't too .. sending you lots of !! How many did you have transferred... And how many of those beautiful embies were you able to freeze?? I don't think I saw you post...?

Nat84u-How are the POAS's going babe!! I think we're all waiting for an update!!!

Mac8, Bebe, lola, crofty & all the other ladies I've missed!!! It's getting so busy in here!!

AFM-Had my appt with FS today, and everything went well-I love going in to see her, because she is so reasurring & loves my DS.. they spend more time playing together than the actual appointment!!

I thought I would be doing a natural FET (as I've only ever done natural), however due to my miscarriage & having the two chems she wants to throw everything into my next FET "just in case".. so I will be taking:

Augmentin Duo
    Dexamethasone
    Progynova
    Clexane

I haven't read up on any of them.. Has anyone been on any?? any advice please ladies??? Any symptoms I should be aware of..? I'm really happy we'll be trying something different this time.. renewed hope...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Augmentin - broad spectrum antibiotics. So usual antibiotic side effects, possibly including thrush.

Dexamethasone - immunosuppressant. Steroid like prednisolone. Side effects seem similar. They make it more difficult for cells to divide (so immune system has difficulty starting a response), and also are anti-inflammatory. (Dosage is balanced to affect immunity but not to have big effect on growing a baby.) Can affect skin thickness because skin is an always dividing tissue. Sends adrenals on holiday, so can't stop taking it suddenly. Also more peeing, on top of the progesterone peeing, and possibility of electrolyte imbalance, mainly sodium/potassium. (My ectopic heartbeats are more common on prednisolone, probably due to changes in electrolytes.)
    Combined with Augmentin, be extra-alert for thrush.

Progynova - oestrogen. The one time I used it for 7 days it made me feel queasy 24/7. Ought to make EWCM (dependant on dose).

Clexane - blood thinners. Crappy needle, but you get used to it eventually. Increased bruising.

So it appears like elements of Colorado protocol.
    Just make sure your pharmacist gives you all the information leaflets and read them. If you have more questions I can try to guess more answers.
    Last edited by felicita; 14-03-2012 at 19:14.