Closed Thread
Page 68 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Nattie!

I havent started jabbing yet but I bit the bullett and told my boss I was starting IVF... I'm a terrible liar and didnt want to have to try and make up excuses for when I have to go for the blood tests/scans every second day during FSH. He was super good about it, very supportive and said I can take sick leave for any of my treatments. I didnt tell my immediate team so I'm sure they'll be wondering come that time but it's such a relief for me that it's out in the open with my boss, I'm glad I told him.

Think it totally depends on your workplace and your boss though and how supportive you think they'll be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - Oh fab, that's very reassuring to hear! My DH and I had to laugh at the timing... we were like give us a break!!! So glad it's easy to get out of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mac8 - I'm on the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation. Basically eating 1200cal a day, and burning off 500cal a day with exercise. Pretty basic really but I'm really loving it. Feels like something I may actually be able to maintain!

Nattie - I told my boss too. Firstly I told them I was having a "procedure" done and I'd need time off at last minute notice (I should mention I work from 6am till 2.10pm every day so it's not just a case of being 1/2hr late. I'm usually 3hrs late for work). Which was fine in the beginning, but then I fell pregnant and had complications and ended up M/C and needed time off etc. so I just told them. They were super great about it, all supportive and stuff. So wishing I told them the truth in the first place. If I end up doing another cycle I'll definitely be honest from the word go.

Well I'm starting to wonder if I could actually be pregnant this cycle. I had those stabbing (possibly implantation) pains and now the whole area feels like it does when I'm on a TWW. I'm not on any prog or anything so I can't even blame Crinone/pessaries for symptoms. Hmm just wait it out I guess. My AF should be due around the 17-18th March. Obviously I'm not getting my hopes up, but these little twinges I'm getting are certainly getting me thinking. It's my DF birthday this weekend and we're having a poker night... But I think I'll steer clear of any alcohol just in case ;-)

I hope you all enjoy this soggy, wet day. Just remember we prayed for rain to end the drought only a few years ago!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! I am still in my probation period unfortunately. I am lucky I can go for bloods etc before work and still get to work on time so my only issue is the day surgery part. I was lucky last time with the iui cause we did it on a sat.

I think if we have to do it again I will have to tell them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick one from me. My day 3 embryo update:

2/13 are already compacting and looking great
    10/13 are where they should be at 6-8 cells.
    1/13 is lagging behind at 2 cells.

Transfer will be early Sat morning.

Stay dry Sydney ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bella that's so exciting! What clinic r u with and how many embryos are you having transferred?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat84 – woo hoo. Great news about the ovulating, and well done on the weight loss. Yay for you. And wow, fingers crossed you're UTD! That would be fantastic.

Bebehvala – congrats on finding a new home. Hope the move goes smoothly & then you can start nesting away!

Nattie – I told my boss about IVF. I didn’t really want to, but I had to have a very long period of sick leave after my surgery last year, and then he let me work from home part time and only come into the office 2 or 3 days a week for a couple of months after that to fully recover. And then he fought with HR to make more of that time paid than it should have been. So I felt I owed him an explanation & not just swanning in & out – and because he was sounding me out to work on something that would have involved a lot of travel to QLD! I also told a project manager I work with, because she wants me to be quite available for her project and can be quite demanding … so I needed her to know why I might suddenly not be available when she wants me, so she doesn’t get cranky about it.

Lindylou – safe travels! Not sure if you’re back yet or not. Wow, only a week til your FET. Yay!

Bella – sounding good babe! Good luck for ET tomorrow.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you’re all well, sorry for missing so many people.

AFM: Well, it all came through at last. We got to look at the donors & there was a clear choice for us, so we selected him. All done – hope we don’t have to use him, but if we do we’re happy with our choice. We had our cycle orientation with the nurse, and everything is good to go as soon as AF arrives. Woo hoo! So I’ll be doing an antagonist cycle, and starting on 125 of Puregon. Then will chime in with the one I like to call Orangutan several days later. Then a trigger shot … then pessaries. They are white, apparently, not fluro pink. I asked.

I have my RQ bracelet. Thanks for the tip on Broadway Felicita. I got it from the Tree of Life shop there. In fact, I bought 2, because they’re strands (little ball shapes) & are the same, so I liked the look of the double strand. I cleaned them in the rain water yesterday (we certainly had enough of it – I couldn’t get to work, had to turn around & work from home), then left it out on the windowsill to soak up the rays of the full moon last night. And started wearing it this morning.

So, what else? Is the pommy juice only for FETs or stims too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, yay peonies. Once we got to look at profiles it was the same for us - there was one clear choice who was our perfect donor (CBH) and we didn't have to "settle" for anyone else. It was even more surprising to find our match since it was before IVFA had US donors and the whole online system. We just had 4 PDFs to look at, as they were the only 4 available at the time. Fingers crossed Dr Golovsky works his magic and you don't need to use yours.

Good luck tomorrow, Bella. How many will you be transferring? I guess 1 since it sounds like you'll have lots of beautiful blasties.

We had a follow-up scan at the FC yesterday - probably our last time there as patients! Both sacs had little blobs in them, with heartbeats up at 170 where they should be (8w3d).
    Had the long-awaited dim sims last night too. Something in the meal really hit the spot because the queasiness has pretty much vanished again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got a BFP on my HPT this morning!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoooo Hooo Quartz that's wonderful congrats!!! When is your BT?