Closed Thread
Page 66 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quartz-could you have irritated your cervix or something along those lines? I bled at 7dp5dt, then it stopped & it went on to be a chemical... I haven't had a chance to ask FS what it might have been...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing4-Your trip sure does sound like a nightmare!!! How old was your sisters cat!? I can't believe it just dropped dead like that... I'm sure you had nothing to do with it!!!!! Oh & I have no idea about d3 vs d5.. I've only ever done a day 5 transfer...

Bella-oh sweety those are some great fert results!!!!! you're going to have lots to choose from on Saturday & then lots in the freezer!!! (for some future siblings!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz - hmm, could it be the fluro pink pessaries contributing?

PinkB - hope all goes well with Isabella's scan!

Wishing4 - wow, you said hello & the cat died? OMG. Was it already sick?

Bella - Thanks! It sure would be a miracle in our case. Woo hoo about your 13 fertilised eggs - that is fantastic!! Keep doing your thing embies!! Hope you get lots of perfect blasties.

Hello to everyone else!

AFM: Well, DH had another session with the counsellor this morning. He rang me after & said it all went well, although had to be delayed because the counsellor was running late. Turned out she'd had a personal/family tragedy happen overnight. DH felt so bad & wanted to leave straight away & do the session another time instead ... but she seemed to want to focus on work instead. That was all we had to do - she just wanted to see him again on his own because it's his infertility really. Now just waiting to get the nod to start looking at donor profiles. BUT, I still feel a bit nauseous/funny in the tummy, not nearly as bad as Sunday though. I haven't actually been sick at all (even on Sunday), just feel fluttery & nauseous and sometimes stabbing pains ... so it can't be food poisoning, can it? And couldn't really have been a hangover if I still feel funny 3 days later. Not sure what it could be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Kelbelle

nat84u - no idea. Could be exciting, could be nothing.

Lillac - You're welcome, but did you mean to say genetic tests, not immunology tests? I've got a few immunology posts floating around the forums too (I used to work in molecular biology, genetics and immunology), so not sure. And your FS probably wouldn't mention anything about genetic tests, beyond getting yours and partner's karyotype as a blood test, until after you've shown some embryo or implantation problems.

tthc - the longer I was doing IVF the less sensible AF was becoming. I'd never had pre-AF spotting until IVF, and then at first it was only on BFN cycles when my body and the crinone were disagreeing about when AF was due, but lately it was starting to happen on all cycles. No idea about your situation with post-AF spotting.

quartz - sounds too early for AF. it's a good sign for this try.

wishing4 - day3 vs day5 is an individual choice. The general rule is, if your lab is competent then go to day 5. This uses the assumption that if they won't get to day 5 in the lab then they won't get to day 5 in you either. But if you're already down to the best 1 or 2 embryos by day 3 with no prospect for frosties then you might prefer to get them back in mum ASAP to minimise chances of losing them in the lab, through human error, equipment failure, just not being fond of the culture conditions, etc. You won't then get info on whether they grew or stopped between days 3 and 5, so what might have been a 2 day wait to see if they stopped turns into a TWW. This approach uses the assumption that if they're in mum then they have a chance, however small, that they don't have if you decide from the lab results that they're not good enough.
    Most of my transfers were day 5, with 1 embryo for the first attempt and for the only time we got an early blast, and with 2 embryos every other time it was morula transfers. We did 1 transfer on day 3 (8cell) when we only had 1 egg fertilise and divide. We did 1 transfer on day 2 (4cell) when we only had 2 embryos still going and we had planned to transfer 2, so selection of the best 2 was complete.
    Is it wrong that your holiday made me laugh? Poor cat. Poor you for saying hello to him at that moment.

Bella978 - great fert rate. Wonderful on being able to arrange Sat acu too.

peoniesarepretty - not wanting to get unwarranted hopes up, so I'll ask if perhaps it's nerves/excitement that you're feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - maybe that's contributing. I think it's most likely just something to do with the food on Sat night ... because it very definitely started after that & there is actually pain at times (comes & goes). The pain is higher up around belly button level, not lower abdominal, so prob just some mild tummy bug. I'll have a Peppermint tea.

Actually, one (totally unrelated) question for you ladies. Any ideas on new agey type shops where I could buy one of the rose quartz bracelets? I work in Pyrmont & live in Ashfield & can't think of any. I went on the hunt for one that I found online in Leichhardt yesterday, but it wasn't actually there!
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 06-03-2012 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella: that is an amazing result!!
    EO: Congrats on your scan

Lindylou:
    glad to hear that you are enjoying L.A I am a bit jaleous tho..sun,shopping,....
    Quartz: I agree, it sounds a bit too early for AF

everyone!!!!

AFM: so I am officiallyPUPO with a AAA grade blastie. It was even hatching!!
    Like for the other cycles, we didn't get any to freeze. But eh! I just need this perfect little one The TWW has only started, how am I going to keep my sanity???? 10 more days to go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    peonies - I got my bracelet at the Broadway Shopping Centre, at one of the jewellery shop kiosks.

catfroggy - wow, a hatching blastie. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbelle- OMG, that's fantastic news hun!! Last I remember you were feeling down about 2 lead follies & no way to catch those eggs naturally, now look at you! Hoping this bub is sticky & your pregnancy is smooth sailing

Catfroggy- congrats on your awesome hatching blast! Let the insanity begin

Peonies- much as I'd love to think you've got a last-ditch natural miracle on board, I'm leaning towards nerves kicking in. I sure do hope you prove me wrong though!

Quartz- I have the pink capsules too! Thanks for the heads up . Doesn't sound like AF, but being red doesn't sound like implantation bleeding either? Perhaps an embie tunnelling in has struck a blood vessel, so its heavier than spotting, but still implantation? I hope its good whatever it is!

Nat- argh, thats a tough one too! Could be a painful ovulation that caused a slight bleed somehow? Or an implantation cramp on CD 17, then embie 'rearranging the cushions' on CD 19?

TTHC- thanks hun, I hope you're right. When I first got my PGD results I was so confident, I thought 'I'm as good as pregnant'... but the closer I get to FET the more my positivity is being shaken loose. We typically have terrible thaw results and that's been weighing on my mind. I have no plausible theories for your spotting sorry, but hope it doesn't interfere with your next AF arriving on time.

Wishing- Day 3 vs 5 is always a toughie. Personally I like day 5, because if the embie arrests after day 3, then I don't go through a TWW for nothing. But I'm not using precious ED embies, so perhaps in your shoes I'd opt for a day 3 transfer if FS recommended it. Felicita gave some sound advice there, as usual! Yikes about the car & the cat, I hope thats all your bad luck for 2012 over & done with.

Bella- what a sensational fert rate!! And bonus that Dr K will do your acu at Parra, so lovely of him to work around the Sat ET for you. I don't see how McMuffins could possibly help, but go for it with the other stuff! Look forward to your day 3 update

Felicita- haven't heard you speak of any MS, are you having any?

EO
    - Hope you're functioning OK despite your symptoms. Is it hard keeping bub a secret from family now you've seen a HB? Oh and I'm pretty sure maxalon helps with nausea, I took it when I was feeling sick the morning of my Mum's funeral. I wasn't vomiting, but was nauseous as hell because I was giving a eulogy & knew there'd be hundreds of people there. The maxalon worked a treat.

PinkB- how was Isabella's scan?

Traveler- you've been quiet, hope you're OK hun.

Hi to Mac8, Catemer, Paddlegirl, Lillac, Lola & anyone I've missed

AFM- Only 48hrs til I'll be in the airport lounge waiting to board my plane for Syd, yay! Trying to keep positive about my embie thawing with good cell survival, in the past this hasn't been good. Hopefully being 'normal' means he/she will pull through just fine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    The Time Has Come
    Alison12
    Lola77
    Traveler
    Crofty
    Sticky11
    Nat84u
    Peoniesarepretty
    Wishing4
    Lillac

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Mac8- pill popping
    Jeb8303- sniffing from Feb 20
    Bella978- EPU 5/3- ET 10/3
    Catemer- FET
    Paddlegirl- FET
    Lindylou78- FET

TWW
    Quartz- 2 x blasts- BT 12/3
    Catfroggy- 1 x blast- BT 16/3

UTD

Loulabelle
    25andhopeful - natural miracle
    Claire77
    Bebehvala - Aug 2012
    Felicita- Oct 2012- TWINS!!
    EternalOptimist- Oct 2012
    Kelbelle- Nov 2012

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD1 2007 & DD2 Feb 2012
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010

Girls in the TWW- I have guessed your BTs to line up with 16dpo... (or the following day if that's a Sun). Please feel free to correct if wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - you're right. It's just impossible in our case! I've consulted Dr Google again ... and I think perhaps it might be because I've been taking Valerian to help me sleep. I thought something natural would be better, but turns out it can cause stomach upsets, I just discovered. I won't take it tonight.

Do you know exactly when you're doing your FET? Apologies if you've already said this & I missed it. My FS said that recent results have shown better success rates with FETs than freshies.

catfroggy - wow, that's fantastic! Good luck for a sticky one.

Felicita - brilliant, thanks. That's close & easy. Yay!