Closed Thread
Page 60 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TTHC - I'm so sorry to hear about your chem preg.

AFM - DP went for the bt today. As we thought it was a BFN. But good news is her other hormone levels dictated we could jump straight in for a bubsicle or 2 this cycle. We start gonal-f low dose tomorrow night and bloods and scans on 5th march to work out when FET will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To everyone who used the pomegranate juice- how much did you have each day? From day what to what? And did it make you feel sick?

I got some for DP today. She drank the whole lot with dinner and about 15mins after threw it all back up again! I tried to tell her to just have a small amount a few times a day, but she guzzled all 500mL of it.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    To everyone who used the pomegranate juice- how much did you have each day? From day what to what? And did it make you feel sick?

I got some for DP today. She drank the whole lot with dinner and about 15mins after threw it all back up again! I tried to tell her to just have a small amount a few times a day, but she guzzled all 500mL of it.

Any advice?
    I found it quite sickly so I mix mine with apple juice, this means I have about half a glass every second day. I started on day 1 of my cycle and will stop tomorrow the day before my ET.
    So sorry it was a BFN but good you can start again straight away

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted before but my little bubba lets me read but that's about it!!

TTHC, Catemer:

Bella:
    glad to hear that your follies are cooperating nicely

Alison: for Wed

Felicita: Congratulations!!!! Twinnies!!

EO: for your scan.

Lindylou and everyone I missed

AFM: I had my trigger yesterday at 9:30pm and I go for EPU on Wed. I found this cycle to be harder on me. I got really bad headaches and I have been feeling exausted!!!! DH has been so good with me. As soon as he is back from work, he takes over with the baby to let me rest and have a break. And he is the one in charge of all evening feeds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops, sorry I haevn't posted in a while. I think I fell off the updates for this thread when I went away for the weekend. I was thinking, gee those girls are all quiet. haha Umm, noooo. So just been trying to catch up, sorry for not many personals.

Felicita - woo hoo! That was so exciting to see those pics of your gorgeous babies. My DH is a twin and he is always telling me how they're double the fun. And they're the 2nd set of twins in their family! That's right - 2 sets of twins, imagine.

TTHC & catemer - so sorry you weren't lucky this cycle.

EO - I can understand your impatience for your scan. I'd be going crazy.

For everyone jabbing, waiting for transfer or TWWing ... good luck!!!!
    Sorry to everyone I've missed.

AFM: Still waiting! Grrr! Jeez, IVFA are p!ssing me right off on the admin front. We just still have no idea if we can start in March or not. Everything else is ready to go, we've done everything we need to ... but the donor waiting list girl is just not forthcoming with any info at all, as to the likelihood of any sperm being available for us in late March. Apparently it was "against policy" to allow couples access to donor sperm as a backup, in case nothing is found in the microdissection. WTF? She thought we should waste an entire cycle with potentially no sperm to use at EPU???? So Dr Golovsky said that's ridiculous, and escalated it to Prof Illingworth, who apparently also said that's ridiculous - change the policy. So yeah, we're apparently responsible for the policy being changed now! But yet, we still don't know if we can start the cycle in March!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    peoniesarepretty - There's still the option of freezing eggs if donor isn't arranged in time. Then you can use both fresh and frozen eggs on the first donor cycle. Frozen eggs don't perform as well as fresh, but they're not completely wasted.

But yeah, I found the policies of the donor section of IVFA not very supportive of how difficult it is. e.g. after waiting ages to get to the top of the list they don't give you much time to consider the profiles, then you need your next cycle just about ready to go because if you take too long to use the first sample of donor you have to back to the bottom of the queue. Then you only get 3 samples of donor before they say you're not fertile enough and they don't want to waste more good sperm on you unless you spend another $100 and go back on the end of the queue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    peoniesarepretty - There's still the option of freezing eggs if donor isn't arranged in time. Then you can use both fresh and frozen eggs on the first donor cycle. Frozen eggs don't perform as well as fresh, but they're not completely wasted.

But yeah, I found the policies of the donor section of IVFA not very supportive of how difficult it is. e.g. after waiting ages to get to the top of the list they don't give you much time to consider the profiles, then you need your next cycle just about ready to go because if you take too long to use the first sample of donor you have to back to the bottom of the queue. Then you only get 3 samples of donor before they say you're not fertile enough and they don't want to waste more good sperm on you unless you spend another $100 and go back on the end of the queue.
    Wow! That seems a bit rough. We are going through Fertility First at Hurstville. There is no waiting list for sperm. There is no maximum number of tries with donor sperm. They actually import sperm for USA which tends to be a higher quality than in Australia anyway. They maintain their own donor program too so if you desperately want Aussie sperm you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^

catemer - Yes, but unfortunately Fertility First don't have a world class expert urologist who can perform microdissection that will hopefully mean we can find some sperm in my DH anyway. The donor sperm is in case we can't. To be honest, if no sperm is found in my DH & we're not successful in the first cycle with donor sperm, I probably wouldn't continue to go through IVFA & would switch to FF at that point. The only reason we're going to IVFA at all is because Dr G might be able to help my DH. IVFA does also import sperm from USA, so I don't really know what the wait is all about. Just seems arbitrary to me.

How much do FF charge for a stim ICSI cycle with donor sperm, if you don't mind me asking?

Felicita - that is terrible. This aspect of dealing with them is driving me crazy! The doctors are nice, but admin-wise they are shocking. As I said, if we don't find sperm in DH and are unsuccessful first round with a donor, we'll probably change clinics as there would be nothing holding us to IVFA in that circumstance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - sorry. Sometimes I totally forget that some people have the possibility of having their own icky boy juice! LOL!

For us, our stim cycle with donor cost approx $7800, but we got back about $5200 from Medicare. However we couldn't claim anything back on the $980 for the sperm. Maybe since your DH has a medical condition meaning you need to buy the icky boy juice, you may be able to get some back from Medicare on it?

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz: Sending you lots of sticky vibes for your ET today hon. Are you having a few days off work?

Alison: Sending you lots of baby dust for todays BT, i have everything crossed for you for great news. So great you were able to be distracted in your TWW, it always helps the time go quickly.

TTHC: Oh honey my heart breaks for you. Did you chat to your FS about why there was some bleeding mid way through your TWW? Really hoping your clinic is able to let you do another cycle straight away, have you heard back from them yet?

Peonies: That must be so frustrating. Why do clinics always make such a difficult journey harder? Really glad Prof Illingworth was able to step in and make the necessary changes for you (and lots of other future couples who would be in this situation). It would be such a waste to let fresh eggs be put on hold unnecessarily. We had a similar situation with our first cycle. We were told 50/50 of finding sperm in the microdisection but Genea don’t use ANY donor sperm (you need to have your own known donor) so if they couldn’t find any on the day of my EPU we would of had to freeze all the eggs. We were very lucky that they found some swimmers. Hope they get ack to you soon so you can start your cycle.

Catfroggy: All the best for your EPU today. It must be very hard cycling with such a young bub to look after as well, you’re a very tough lady. So glad your DH is able to help out a lot with things.

Catemer: Sorry to hear it was a BFN, so glad you are able to go into another cycle straight away, i used Pom juice and i drank around 300ml with 300ml of water as its very sickly sweet. I did this every second day from start of cycle to day before ET.

Bella: great news about your cycle. Have you heard back yet when EPU will be yet? Hoping for a lovely smooth cycle with lots of lovely mature eggys.

Lindylou: OMG lost luggage thats one of my biggest fears when flying. Hoping it has all arrived for you now. Hows the shopping going? have you had to start shipping stuff back to Oz yet? So glad to hear you had some supps to ward off that cold and your feeling better. I want to try and avoid medication unless its absolutely necessary, because i am nauseous 24/7 and feel like i could vomit at any moment I’m not sure if Maxalon or Zofran will make much of a difference as they are primarily to stop vomiting, which i don’t have that much of, only every now and again.

Traveler: How are you going hon? Hope the spotting has stopped and AF is on her way.

Mac: Yay for starting your cycle. Its always such a great feeling to start cause then it feels like your that one step closer to your bub. Hope the OCP isn’t giving you any side affects.

Felicita: I have been told by so many people the exact same thing about twins, that its only a hassle if they aren’t your first, at least this way you have nothing to compare to so you will adapt very easily. I have two friends who have twins from IVF (both their first bubs) and they have adapted so well, they have great routines, very happy bubs and life for them flows very nicely. It’s wonderful you have hand-me-down stuff, bubs aren’t in things very long when they are first born and stuff is usually still in excellent condition. I have a group of girlfriends who all have bubs and they have a huge pile of stuff that they all share around each tme they have a baby. The bags are getting bigger and bigger – which i am very happy about as they are all nearly finished having babies and im only just getting started. Have you booked in to see an OB yet?

Lola: Have you had a follow up appointment yet hon or decided if you wanna try a second opinion?

Bebe: how are you going? Did you get all your travel insurance stuff sorted out? Have you started telling people now about your wonderful news?

Paddlegirl: how is your cycle going hon?

Nat: how are you going hon? Has Af shown up yet so you can start your much awaited cycle? How are all the wedding plans going?

Hi to anyone else i missed.

AFM: Well i think my boss must of been having a bad day when i spoke to him on Friday cause i had a chat with him yesterday and told him i was UTD and was truly shocked at his reaction. I really didn’t want to have to tell him this early but mynausea is horrific. I told him how sick i am and he has offered for me to work at home 3 days a week and just to try and come into the office 2 days per week for meetings etc. Its such a huge relief, i think from the way he reacted, his wife must of had bad morning sickness too cause he even gave me some suggestions about how to handle it. Still 5 days til my scan, so scared. Yesterday was the exact time in my first pg that we had a scan and got the horrible news about a non viable pregnancy so i am now on a crazy nicker watch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

paddlegirl  (01-03-2012)