Closed Thread
Page 59 of 165 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Felicita: OMG that is absolutely fantastic news. Two beautiful strong heartbeats is absolutely amazing. I bet you and DH are absolutely over the moon. Have you thought about what its going to be like to have two gorgeous bubs in 8 months?

PinkB: Woo hoo congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl. I hope the labour wasn’t too long, and your recovering well. i can’t wait to hear all about it. Congrats again to you, Dh and Jess.

TTHC: How are you going hon, any more spotting? So glad to hear it has stopped, i am hoping and prayng so much that it was implantation bleeding and Mondays BT brings some wonderful news.

Paddlegirl: Ha ha its always the way, so glad to hear that the witch has finally shown up and you can get underway.

Lola: Your girls weekend away sounds absolutely wonderful, i hope you have a fantastic trip, you definitely deserve it after everything you have been through.

Lindylou: Ooh i hope the nasty cold stays away, did you take any supps or cold remedies with you for this? It would be horrible for it to get in the way of your work but even worse if it ruined your shopping time.

Catemer: Sorry to hear that your DP has started AF, it’s so heartbreaking . As long as HCG is below 5 my clinic allows me to go again the following month. The “Why “ is always very difficult, i know i asked myself that every cycle and even my FS was stumped why it wasn’t working.

Hi to the other Sydney Girls i have missed :-)

AFM: Still feeling terrible with all day nausea, i am working from home today as i just feel rotten all the time, my boss is being such a D&%k about me having a day off, i haven’t told him i am pg but he knows about IVF and i feel like he is giving me all this extra work to punish me for wanting to have kids (he has 4 of his own). So scared and anxious about the scan, still 10 days away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinkb -Congrats on little Isabella. Enjoy every moment.

Lola - Just phone the FS when you feel like it. All these things have to be done on your terms sweetie. Enjoy Melbourne, especially your sleep-ins.

Felicita - WOWEEEEEEE it's TWINS. I can't imagine how excited [and maybe a tad scared] you feel right now.

Catemer - Ahhhh the self doubt, it's the worts as everyone said its so unknown. Try to re-focus on the next steps. Really sorry it did snot work this time.

paddle girl - Dang our bodies huh!!

Dunno if anyone is interested but came across this research if anyone is interested in participating with UWS. Click here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou everyone for your congratulations and excitement.

re: have I thought about what it'll be like to have twins in 8 months.
    I'm taking solace in something I read a while back, that twins is only extra hassle if you've already had a singleton to compare everything to. So it'll be a case of ignorance is bliss for me.

re: being a tad scared.
    No, just excited. I've been prepared to have twins for most of my life (yet another part of why the prospect of none was so bad).
    My grandmother was a twin. We had identical twins on my mother's side of the family, and non-identical on my father's, so mum raised us to be open to the remote but real possibility of natural quads.
    And then there's the matter of psychic predictions. DH is annoyed that I still have an open mind on paranormal stuff. He's even more annoyed that (although it's not proof) I have examples in my life of things that are consistent with paranormal theories, because he wants the evidence to support his foregone conclusion that it's all rubbish. We were actually discussing this on the way to the ultrasound. So on the way home I told him about my mum's friend who, 20+ years ago, told mum that one of her daughters would have twins. When my sister got UTD said she'd finished IVF, so it wasn't going to be her ...

So ... other stuff that should make it easier: My sister has been making sure she doesn't get rid of anything she found useful, so we've got lots of hand-me-downs there. Then about 3-4 wks ago SIL mentioned she was considering sending the stuff her youngest has just finished with to Vinnies, but then thought we might like to have first dibs. So we've now got two sets of hand-me-downs coming our way (and SIL gets free storage and breathing space for a while in case they do decide to try again later for a fourth).

Saw my GP yesterday, so I've got my Ob referral now, and she also phoned and arranged my first appt for Thurs morning.

Did I remember to mention that my FS first words upon his first glance at the ultrasound were "Oh sh!t." Followed by "How many did we transfer?"

So everything's crossed that this will be an uneventful pregnancy and I won't have to come back and eat my words.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone - long time no post from me, I've been crazy busy at work with lots of interstate travel this past coupla weeks and managed to get the flu along the way. Feeling better now though, hence I'm up at crackers on a Sunday! lol

Felicita loved the scan pics of your twinnies, congrats! You sound really comfortable and ready for the challenge of having twins. I agree with you that if it's all you know first up then it'll fell normal and then if you have a third on its own it'll feel like a breeeeze!

PinkB congrats on the birth of your baby girl! What a very special time for you and your family.

Lola Hope you had a briliant hens do in Melbourne and it would have been great to meet some BHubber mates for the first time too!

Catemer How are you and DH going? Hope the Syndey sunshine this weekend is helping. Are you going to go again?

EO Good luck for your scan!! Hope you're feeling better and your boss get's a life by Monday - is he usually such a pain? So unfair when you've been upfront about why you're ill. Not as if you're slacking off and at the beach!

Quartz Good luck for you FET - is that this week?

Bebe A girl at work is UTD (not IVF as far as I know though) and she is using AAMI for her trip o/s. She said that pregnancy is not even listed in their pre-existing conditions. Might be worth giving them a ring?

Lindylou Hope you're enjoying the states - getting some good shopping in!!!

TTHC How are you going? Did your AF stay away or are you out? You're all good.

Sorry to those I've missed - I hope you're all great

AFM I saw the the nurse with my DH and we've started our first OCP cycle. My AF arrived, I got my last BTs done and I've startted pill popping. Will start Lucrin jabs in a couple of weeks. It feels like it's been so slow moving but at least we're on our way now!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac8 For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AHHHH sorry Catemer - meant to put DP not DH, sorry!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Sorry not posted for a while, been very busy, have been thinking of you all though.

Felicita- How exciting for you and your DH twins!!! hope the next 8mths are uneventful for you. Huge congratulations!!!

TTHC - How are you going, was it AF that arrived? I hope it wasnt and all ends well - when is your BT?

Catemer - How are you and your DP going? Have you been able to start a new cycle yet?

Mac8 - you get to start again, very exciting hoping all goes well this cycle and you end up with a sticky one.

EO - how are you travelling? How did your scan go?

Hi to everyone that i have missed hope you are all well.

AFM, it has been a very busy TWW so havent gone to (had my DS 5th birthday this week, and his party yesterday with 20 school friends - crazy day! and then another b'day party today - he is completely partied out). Wednesday this week is my BT, but not overally confident. AF has stayed away so far, but starting to get cramping again which is a sign for me it is on its way. So far have controlled the urge to POAS (12dp2dt) not sure if that is too early or not, think i am just scared it will be Neg that easier not knowing at the moment.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

EO- time til your scan seems to be dragggggging, hurry up and be March 5th already!! All day sickness sounds awful, are you allowed to take any maxalon? Stuff your boss, you are entitled to sick days and should not be given a guilt trip for taking them. Its HIS problem if he hasn't got suitable resources to back up for you. Put yourself first & don't worry about work! My cold never got too severe, I took echinacea & Vit C and I feel heaps better. Just a sniffly nose now.

TTHC- Really hoping it wasn't AF when you had that bleeding, and there's a surprise BFP today when you get BT results

Bebe- Bugger, I don't qualify for the acu clinical trial 'cos I'm doing FET. Good to know there's a large-scale study happening though. Yay for sorting out your travel insurance, now you can look forward to your 'babymoon' .

Felicita- oh that scan appointment must have been a laugh a minute! I saw your post in the IVF funnies thread (hilarious!), and your FS' reaction is so funny as well . How exciting that the psychic prediction is coming true! I believe in that stuff, and had one psychic tell me that I'd discover I was pregnant soon after a promotion. I was interviewed 3 weeks ago for a higher level position, and find out in the next 2 weeks if I was successful. If I do get it, that's going to make my FET even more exciting!

Mac8- yay for getting started! I hope your cycle progresses smoothly and you clear all the milestones with flying colours

Catemer- I hope you & your DP are OK . Did you still go in for BT today?

Alison- Wow you have been busy! Perfect for keeping you distracted in the TWW. Well done on resisting the POAS for so long, I always cave early & start testing from 12 or 13dpo. The results with FRER have always been right for me at that stage. Really hoping you have a BFP to celebrate in the next couple of days

Traveler- how things with you sweetie? Hope the spotting has run its course by now.

Big hello to the girls I've missed

AFM- I heard Rudd is challenging Gillard today, which is funny because I was o/seas for work in June 2010 when the situation was reversed. Wonder if I'll be coming home to a new PM again? I've moved on to the next destination of my trip (Kelowna), and its f-f-freezing here. I rugged up to go outside but still ended up with a numb face. I mean literally numb, like after a dentist appointment. There's snow on the hills nearby & scraped-up ice on the sides of the roads. I arrived here last night and the airline left everyone's luggage behind in Vancouver. Major stuff up! Luckily there was another flight soon afterwards & my bags got safely couriered to my hotel the same night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,

Just a quick one for now.

Unfortunately another Chemical Pregnancy for me ...

I'm doing okay, it almost feels like a step in the right direction for some strange reason.

I've asked the FN to ask FS if I can start on a FET right away, they usually wait a cycle after a stim, but they allow it, as I do natural FET's anyways so hopefully it isn't a big deal...

Sending lots of to the ladies still in the TWW.

I'll be back later this arvo for some personals!!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs TTHC. I'm glad you're doing ok babe. Take care of yourself xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Quick one from me, back later for personals. Had my first u/s this morning and follies growing nicely - always a relief to know something is actually happening in there! Will prob have EPU on Monday

:edit: just saw your post TTHC