Closed Thread
Page 55 of 165 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for the two posts, it wouldn’t let me post it all at once as it was too big.

Jeb: So happy you get to do another cycle, it always makes the BFN’s harder if you have to wait to cycle again.

Catfroggy: Welcome back, all the best for your cycle, i don’t think it’s too soon, i have always said i would go again quickly as i just don’t know how long it would take the get another baby.

Alison: Congrats on having such a perfect embryo. Like your FS said this cycle has gone so much better and is already a success. I have everything crossed for you.

Catemer; Hope the TWW is dragging too much for you and DP. Its very hard not to take notice of the symptoms.

Wishing4: There is a sticky thread somewhere on here, I’ll try and find the link and post it that has all of the acronyms, there are so many of them. I agree with the UT. I did one this cycle, the day of my blood tests and it showed a light positive. My blood tests then showed a whopping 600, which is extremely high. I was so worried from the home pregnancy test (HPT) that i was going to have a chemical pregnancy. Did you end up getting a BT with your GP?

Nat: Awesome news on the weight loss and the ovulation. Now get busy and start DTD and make good use of this Ovulation.

Peonie: Hope you have a lovely weekend in Canberra. There is so much waiting on this journey, it makes it so frustrating as so much of it is out of our control. Hope you get an update soon about your next steps soon.

AFM: Today i am 5weeks and 2 days, my symptoms have only just really started in the last few days, i have got very sore b00bies, i am very petite but they feel hard as rocks. I have also started peeing lots and am hungry all the time. The symptoms are reassuring. I have decided not to have any more BT to check my levels as i know “me” and i will just Google the results and over analyse them so i am now just going to wait for the scan in 17 days, I’ll be almost 8 weeks by then. I figure whatever happens will happen and no matter what i do it won’t change the outcome so i am just going to enjoy every day i get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Friday everyone!

Lola- I was devastated to read that AF reared her ugly head . Your post on Wed was so touching, I really hope Max's brother or sister got that message & will be coming to join you soon

EO
    - Yay for symptoms! Very wise of you to step away from extra BTs & Dr Google and start trusting your body, and of course, the little life inside you . I can't wait for your scan!! And yes I also can't wait to get home from my trip & bring our 1st PGD frostie home. I'm definitely going to shop, shop, shop over there! I can't justify depriving myself when the aussie dollar is so good. I've already looked up my hotel in LA, and its right next to a huge mall... my bank account is in BIG trouble

Traveler- good idea to go have an U/S and see what's happening. Sounds like the spotting should clear up soon

TTHC- Belated congrats on your PUPO-hood and freezer full of embies! What a fantastic outcome for you . Good luck in your TWW

Catemer- Wonderful that you were able to transfer twinnies and have 6 frosties chilling until its time for #2! Hope your DP's symptoms are the real thing & one or both embies have latched on

Jen- so pleased that you could get straight into another cycle to help ease the sting of the BFN. Hopefully this next one gets you a sticky plus some to freeze.

Peonies- have your clinic given you an indication if you'll reach the top of the waiting list for donors soon? I did a massive eye-roll reading about your colleague and her assessment of your fertility, seriously, what is the matter with people?!

Bebe- Congrats on getting to the magic 12wks! How did you go with the final NT results? Have you started spreading the news yet?

Wishing4- Hi there and welcome aboard! So nice to hear that our chatter in here has inspired you. Vice-versa, your story is very inspirational to me , I'm not sure I could go on after the setbacks you've faced. I'm sorry your last ED cycle didn't work out . Hopefully that was your last ever BFN (Big Fat Negative). HCG is the pregnancy hormone they test for when they do our BTs (blood tests). You'll soon get familiar with the acronyms! Here is a link for you: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Abbreviations

Crofty- I was wondering where you'd been hiding! You sure are everyone else's lucky fertility charm hey? If I'm ever surrounded by that many UTD friends, I'll be looking for a hole to crawl into... Going for a lap & hyst sounds very smart to me, are you still doing a FET beforehand, or will you wait? The US clinic I use keeps 8.00-8.30 appointments specifically for Genea clients, its very practical & I've never seen any preg ladies in the waiting room (phew!). Bummer your US clinic doesn't do the same.

Mac8- long term TTC pregnancy announcements are the only ones I actually LOVE hearing about! Thanks for sharing. Hope the time is passing quickly for you until you get started on your own miracle.

Bella- good luck for your BT on Monday! Hope the down-reg phase will be done & dusted, and you'll be stimming soon.

Catfroggy- I remember you from when this thread first started. Welcome back! I hope you get another BFP as quickly as you did with your DD

Quartz- yay for approval to do the double FET!

Alison- so happy your embie was perfect at Day 2 and you've made it into the TWW . C'mon embie, stick!

PinkB- I'll be stalking the over 35-ers thread for news of your bubba's arrival. Good luck!

Hi to Felicita, Nat and the girls I've missed

AFM- Went to Roxette's concert with DH last night and they were fantastic! Sounded so good live, and they did all the old faves. Na na na na na na.... she's got the look . Having friends over for a BBQ tomorrow, then off to the airport on Sunday. Luckily the trip will make time go faster for me, I'm hanging out to do my FET cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Lola77
    Traveler
    Crofty
    Paddlegirl
    Sticky11
    Kelbelle
    Nat84u
    Peoniesarepretty
    Lindylou78
    Mac8
    Wishing4

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Quartz- FET
    Jeb8303- sniffing from Feb 20
    Catfroggy- jabbing
    Bella978- jabbing

TWW
    Berecka- BT 12/2? (guess from 3dt on 30/1)
    Catemer- ET 13/2 (2x 3 day embies)- BT 27/2
    The Time Has Come- ET 15/2 (5 day blast)- BT 27/2
    Alison12- ET 15/2 (2 day embie)- BT 29/2

UTD

PinkButterfly
    Loulabelle
    25andhopeful - natural miracle
    Claire77
    Bebehvala - Aug 2012
    Felicita- Oct 2012
    EternalOptimist- Oct 2012

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010

Adding EO to UTD section & updating everyone else

Girls in the TWW- I have guessed your BTs to line up with 16dpo... (or the following day if that's a Sun). Please feel free to correct if wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lindylou you got our bt date right

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening ladies!

Apologies in advance for the total me st but have some decisions to make and having been trawling the internet and BH and realised I should have just come here first with my questions!

So, we have one frosty. In theory, I can start monitoring for a FET in a week. I have a number of hesitations in doing so.
    1) having one frosty as a back up gave me some mental reassurance through the failed stim cycles. If I use it and it doesn't work, I'll be back on to stims with no back up. I just spent a year doing fresh stims so I didn't have to use the frosty.
    2) I worry that there is some underlying issue with repeated implantation failure that hasn't been tested for. My FS is relatively conservative and having heard you ladies talk, I know there are many things I haven't been tested for. I don't know whether I should be pushing for more tests that my FS clearly doesn't believe has any bearing on my treatment protocols.
    3) do I put things on hold and go all out, I.e. commit to a program of acu, go to sharkeys, lose a bunch of weight - before we even try a FET, or would these have no impact?
    4) do I try the FET then go all out for a few months before doing a stim?

So many many questions running through my mind and I'm just putting it all out there to seek opinions and experiences.

In particular I've been looking at sharkeys tonight and I found on other threads that EO and lindylou have used their stuff. What did you think of it? Worth it? EO - did mark know you were using their stuff? Was he supportive?

On a more positive note to end this ****ty week, we just accepted a (low) offer on our house in the UK, I signed the first bunch of forms to start our permanent residency application, and DH bought a lovely new boat for us to swan around pittwater on.

I feel like the last year has been sucking the positivity out of me. I need to find a way to move forward with TTC #2 without it destroying my happiness, relationships and ability to get the most out of life. If anyone has solved that little conundrum, let me know!

After such a huge me post, I owe a lot of personals, but for now it's bedtime.

Hope all of you have something fun planned for the weekend - we're off to the aquarium and then out on the boat!

Night night all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh my gosh, I have not been able to get a moment with my laptop to do any personals and bang - it's exploded in here. I'll apologise up front for everyone I will miss....

lola77 - I don't really feel I can help you with your questions, but as you know the other gals will give you some great advise. I am just wondering that if your FS is not keen on doing tests, that maybe [and just maybe, I don't know your relationship with your FS] if that maybe it would not hurt to get a second opinion from another FC or FS? I hope you get some clarity soon.

lindylou78 - Have a great time shopping and we look fwd to having you back and you getting either your baby boy or girl on board it's Mumma! Thanks for asking, yup we started telling people we are PG - it's a funny, scary feeling...

EO - Hope you are starting to enjoy being PG more and more and those symptoms keep appearing.

Catfroggy: Welcome back, hope you have a smooth cycle.
    Alison: YIPPEEE Great news on your embryo. Your cycle went better than you though, and I am very pleased or you. Now just to get through the TWW. What's involved in being a soccer manager?

TWW'ers inc TTHC; I hope you enjoyed the sunshine this weekend and took your mind of looking for signs.

quartz - How did the US go yesterday?

crofty - Sorry you have so many PG people around you [even me!]. Hopefully all the baby luck will rub off on your for your next cycle.

AFM - NT Scan results are LOW RISK. So we began telling the extended family and friends. Many tears were shed by family members who have been waiting for us to start a family and knew about the MC. Including DH's Grandma, who hugged me so hard and kissed me like a little kid. Was very touching. We still have to share the news with our families in the USA and Croatia and then maybe I'll be brave enough to do a Facebook announcement. I'll be 14 weeks next week and I have to admit I'm a bit scared to share the news... weird huh

Anyways hope that you have all enjoyed the sunshine and got up to something great this weekend.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 18-02-2012 at 10:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - hope you are all having a lovely weekend

Had my U/S this morning - my lining was 10mm which was the best it has been for a while, not sure if it's true but I will say its the pomegranate juice!!! Transfer has been set for Weds 29th of Feb - leap day! I got engaged on leap day in 2000 so I am hoping it will be lucky for me again!

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    bebehvala - That's good news on the NT test. One more hurdle cleared.

lola77 - I would push for more tests, either with your current or a new FS, before transferring another emby. Use the month or two downtime to do all the other ideas you had, Sharkeys, weight change. If you need to keep the frosty for your mental health then keep it. And certainly while you are having doubts about an underlying cause of implantation failure I wouldn't thaw it.

EO - By the way of symptoms, every Wednesday (OK, just for the past 3 Wednesdays) my boobs have increased their soreness. I think my dizziness is from weaning off the ADs afterall, since I lowered my dose again yesterday (will be off them completely in about a week) and the dizziness returned. Starting to feel mildly queasy these past couple of days, so that's prob a pg symptom.

jeb8303 - yay for heading straight back into it. I never did back-to-back stims and the wait was always somewhat irritating.

quartz - pomegranate seems to be working miracles. Hope your date stays lucky.

My nan is doing quite well. She still has difficulty remembering that the left hand side of the world exists. We've put a large picture of her great-grandson on the wall to encourage her to look to the left. Physio started getting her to stand up on Monday. On Thursday she's progressed to trying to march on the spot - so taking her full weight on her bad leg. The nurses have her standing and shuffling nearly on the spot for transfers from bed to chair (and back again).
    One of the Drs thought it would be amusing to prescribe prophylactic cephalosporins, even though it's listed as an allergy. The nurses just said "Here's your medicine," so my trusting Nanna didn't know she was taking them, but my mum caught it after less than a day. The diarrhoea in response started yesterday, but hopefully the dose was so small that she'll be better soon. The staff responded quite well after having the error brought to their attention. They've raised two sets of paperwork on the incident, stopped the antibiotics, and sent Drs to chat with us at length and have repeatedly apologised. Out of her last 4 hospital stays she's been given cephalosporins 3 times. Twice at Nepean, once at Wyong. For the Wyong incident they didn't stop the antibiotics, ignored the diarrhoea, vomiting and hives, and she dehydrated so much that she had multiple organ failure (heart attacks they thought would be fatal, a stroke and <10% kidney function) and they told my mum that Nanna would be dead before she could get to Wyong from Penrith. For the previous Nepean incident they blamed Nanna for the diarrhoea. This time the staff are taking responsibility for their error and watching for dehydration and are prepared to insert a drip if there are any signs of it. So a pleasing response.
    She was flirting with the male Drs on Valentines Day. Her mood has recovered enough that all the staff think she's a sweet little old lady again, and simply thought it hilarious when she swore at me during physio. She didn't appreciate my encouragement that it would be easier (I said "better") the next day and told me I was talking bull****.

I haven't followed paddlegirl's "Post a positive thing for the week" idea since I was feeling really down a while ago. But I am proud of the bookshelves that I almost finished making in the time between my last two cycles. There's just a bit near the window that I keep changing my mind about so I haven't finished it yet.
    DH assures me these links to the photos work.
    http://felicityandandrew.com/photos/Image00001.jpg
    http://felicityandandrew.com/photos/Image00002.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO & Felicita – great news about your rising levels, hoping for a smooth pregnancy ahead for you both.

Lindylou – I will be sure to update you Sydney ladies on my news one way or the other for sure!!! Roll on your FET!!!

Lola – hugs for your recent BFN, it is not fair. With your questions I would definitely push for further investigation, precious embies are too hard to come by. My previous FS was ultra conservative and didn’t believe in implantation/immune issue etc. so we got a 2nd opinion and ended up changing. My thought was I don’t want the right embryo to come along and not make it because of something my FS doesn’t “believe in” – also maybe in 10 years when there’s more evidence he will and time will have run out for us. There is still so much they don’t know yet.

TTHC – what a fantastic cycle with awesome embryos, i have everything crossed for you!

Traveler – glad your scan was Ok

Quartz – good luck for this FET.

Bebe – glad to hear your NT scan went well, enjoy telling the world your wonderful news!!!!!

Crofty – that is full on being surrounded by pregnancy everywhere – if only it were contagious.

Bella – hope your cycle goes well .

AFM – Was v.sick earlier in the week with a cold/flu bug so desperate not to go into labour until i recovered. Wierd feeling waiting for something to happen at any moment, will keep you posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lola,

I'm sorry you have to have all these what if's running through your head ... here are my thoughts on the points you raised:

Quote Originally Posted by lola77 View Post
    I worry that there is some underlying issue with repeated implantation failure that hasn't been tested for. My FS is relatively conservative and having heard you ladies talk, I know there are many things I haven't been tested for. I don't know whether I should be pushing for more tests that my FS clearly doesn't believe has any bearing on my treatment protocols.
    If I were you I would not transfer another embie without further testing. You have the same FS as EO right? He agreed to do the tests for her, so push him! He may be complacent because you have had success with your DS, but you never know when an issue may arise.

do I put things on hold and go all out, I.e. commit to a program of acu, go to sharkeys, lose a bunch of weight - before we even try a FET, or would these have no impact?
    For a FET, I would only do pre & post transfer acu. I don't believe the rest would have significant impact as the embie is already made.
    do I try the FET then go all out for a few months before doing a stim?
    How many children do you want? If you want 2, then I'd definitely try FET before another stim. If that embie is a sticky, then it would seem a waste to keep stimming when bub #2 is right there in the freezer!

In particular I've been looking at sharkeys tonight and I found on other threads that EO and lindylou have used their stuff. What did you think of it? Worth it? EO - did mark know you were using their stuff? Was he supportive?
    I tried the Sharkeys personalised herbs, on & off for more than 12 months, including the 3 months before my 2nd stim cycle. It fixed my luteal phase defect, but hasn't seemed to help with anything else. That stim after the herbs was actually my worst.

However, in the lead up to my 3rd stim I used their "Pre IVF" detox program for 3 months (EO did the same one). Now this I found to be extremely beneficial . Had my best ever stim after that program, and we've got 2 genetically viable bubbas on ice. Its not actually Sharkey's products you use, its other brands that they endorse. I bought them all direct from the suppliers off the net. I compared the price I paid with Sharkey's price, and their mark up was miniscule (like $40), just goes to show they genuinely want to help & don't rob you blind in the process.

For me, Sharkeys have been most valuable in the advice they've given (based on my temp charts), the vitamins & supplements they recommended & the tests they requested (more comprehensive than my first FS!). Thanks to them my thryoid disease was identified.

If you have temp charts, I'd go to them for a consultation only (no herbs) & see what they tell you.

Hope that helps

Sorry everyone else for no personals, my flight to LA is about to board, must run. Catch up with you on the other side of the Pacific