Closed Thread
Page 49 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lola77 - sorry, haven't used pregnyl in the TWW.

Alison12 -

5wks (21dpo) hCG=2964, P4=577

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alison12-sorry babe I totally forgot you had epu today. I'm really sorry you didn't get the result you were hoping for. I am keeping everything crossed that your 1 embie fertilises & grows nice & strong for mummy!

Try & stay as positive as you can, you have made it further than last time! That in itself is a major accomplishment! Are you looking at doing transfer on Thursday? Because you WILL have an embie to transfer!!

Hope you're resting after epu..
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lola-sorry I can't help you babe. I pray AF stays away & you get that beautiful bfp in a few days! Have you decided if you will poas?

Felicita-great BT results Hun! When will your scan be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen- Oh darl, massive hugs . BFN's are never easy to deal with, but especially difficult when there are no frosties in reserve & you're staring down the barrel of a whole new stim . Sounds like your DH is taking good care of you. I agree with the others, still get your BT done. AF doesn't always mean its over. Good luck with your FS appointment, I hope they have some good ideas about what to do differently next time. Remember that for most couples (75% or thereabouts), BFP will occur within 3 stim cycles. I agree 100% with what Lola said:

Quote Originally Posted by lola77 View Post
    Hugs jeb.

The motto I hear frequently in IVF IS 'hope for the best, expect the worst', but I prefer EOs (badly quoting cos I'm on my phone and can't see it) "don't say you've failed until you've reached your last attempt, don't say you've reached your last attempt until you've succeeded"

Take some time to regroup and try again when you're ready.
    Mac8- Bummer that your FS knocked back doing your BTs earlier, but if you can't cycle immediately then it won't hold things up. I know the waiting to start is a killer, good luck with your nurses appointment this week. Hopefully after that you'll feel like something is happening.

Catemer- Welcome to our thread! Sorry the IUDI's didn't work out & you've ended up on the IVF train. Hopefully things will happen quickly for you & your DP now. I expect she's PUPO by now? Best of luck for a sticky embie

Felicita- great to hear your Nan is improving. Are you having any follow up BTs or hanging out til scan time?

Bebe- how amazing is your Sis to sense that you needed her?! Poo to the cranky back-up OB who did your US, but yay for seeing bub & all is well . Yeah, I love that we can still opt for a surprise when we get our BFP. We haven't decided yet if we will or won't find out.

Alison- sorry to hear you've only ended up with one mature egg. I'll be keeping everything crossed that quality over quantity works in your favour, and this one is all you'll need . Good idea to have new tricks in place for next time just incase.

25&hopeful- Nice to hear from you! Hope everything goes smoothly for the rest of you pregnancy. Please do pop in & let us know when bub has arrived.

TTHC- Still 5 weeks before FET for me. I've been squeezing in a few last minute coffees before I give them up again next week , and getting ready for my work trip to Canada. I'll be away for 3 weeks, so that will keep me occupied for most of the lead-up. Any word on your embies progress? Lots of growing vibes to your football team hehe

Bella- hope the down-regging is going well & you're not getting too many nasty side effects from the lucrin.

Nat- whoa, those flash floods looked scary! Hope the worst is over & you're not affected any further.

Lola- twinges are a good sign considering this was a FET cycle, so you can't blame carry-over sensations from stims & EPU. Stay away AF!!

Traveler- Is the spotting situation getting any better? I really hope your cycles return to normal soon.

EO- Congrats on your latest BT results!! Far out woman, there is NOTHING to be stressing about with those levels!! Have you been on betabase? The range for a singleton is 615-12366 at 19dpo http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single . Your embryo was created under the most perfect conditions, and you will have a perfect baby . We had to cancel our camping trip the last 2 weekends thanks to the rain, we have one more booking before FET so hopefully we get better weather for that one. AF due Feb 27, but it is the cycle after a stim so I expect she'll be late.

Quartz- can't say I've noticed feeling hot before. I'm doing a programmed FET this time, so I'll watch out for it.

Berecka- Are you still around? By my calculations you should have finished your TWW by now... I hope you return with good news!

Hi to Peonies, Kelbelle, PinkB & Paddlegirl . Sorry to the ladies I've missed, this thread is huge!

AFM- Nothing exciting, I'm tracking BBT to see when I O this cycle & thus predict when AF may show up. CD 18 & still nothing, but thats normal for me after a stim. This is my last week in the office before 3 wks overseas for work (Canada & USA). Got LOTS to do before I leave, so please forgive me if I'm MIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops just saw Felicita's update. Ignore my question now! Congrats on your fantastic levels hun, so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO & Felicita- two wonderful blood test results! The only thing I would be worrying about if I were both of you is twinnies

Allison - im so sorry that epu didn't go quite to plan, I really hope the one eggie you have will be kicking and screaming in nine months time!

Tthc- did you have a fertilization update?

Hi everyone else, hope tomorrow brings flowers and chocolates

Afm- still bleeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler, EO & lindy-thanks for asking ladies..

We had a few immature eggies & ended up with 9 fertilising (FS was pretty much spot on when he said we'd get 9)

Day 3 update today, all 9 were exactly where they should be, so tomorrow we'll get another update & details on transfer time for Wednesday.

Hope everyone is doing great..

Traveler-how long has it been now babe? 4 weeks? Have you spoken to your clinic & gone in for a BT yet to see what's happening? I really hope it settles soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Firstly Lindylou, I'm not sure what PUPO means?

Alison, sorry your EPU didn't yield as much as yu had hoped for but your DP is right, all you need is one. Fingers crossed for you that this is the perfect one.

AFM we had our transfer today. I was amazed. They showed us what the 2 little embys looked like on the screen and they reminded me of chocolate crackles, or a bowl of rice bubbles! The transfer went well and dr Anne seemed happy with it. Even though I know our chances are only 40% I can't help but feel attached to this 2 little chocolate crackles! And I am secretly hoping for twins! I know jumping a few steps in between, but hey!

On top of our 2 embys transferred today the other 6 that started splitting continued to thrive and are now just having a bit of a chill! So we have 6 embys on ice!

Sorry this is so much all about me tonight. I am really excited and I'm sure you guys all felt this way for your cycle.

Have a great night everyone...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alison - sorry to hear you didn't get as many eggs as you'd like. But for that one!!

Lola - wow, you're doing so well to not be going completely insane! Just wanted to say also, some of your recent posts have been very wise and inspiring, with good advice for us newbies.

EO - nooo, nothing is wrong! Everything is marvellous - just enjoy it & step away from Google!!

Felicita - fantastic result! So happy for you.

TTHC - that's a great result, hope all stays well ready for ET and you have several frosties too.

Catemer
    - fantastic!! Woo hoo. for you and your DP that you have a sticky one there.

Traveler - that is getting a bit worrying, that's been weeks. What does your FS think?

Hi to everyone else!!!
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 14-02-2012 at 12:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well?

So, had a good chat with the FS today.

So a little run down on what the cycle did:

16 eggs were retrieved, 14 were mature enough and were injected with sperm, 12 fertilised overnight, but its after here that it went downhill

Of the 12 that fertilised, 6 stopped growing altogether after the 1st day, and of the 6 remaining most of them had some fragmentation issues (which is why they couldn't be frozen.

The one they transferred was 7 cells (i thought he was 8 ) and had pretty much no fragmentation issues.

Of the sperm sample they collected from DH, whilst the count was still low the DNA fragmentation was pretty good (so all the vitamins have been helping)

For the next cycle FS has said we will increase the gonal-f dose (as because it was low the cycle dragged on alot because the eggs took a little while to mature) - I started on 112.5 of gonal-f and in the last week and a bit it went up to 150.

FS has also said we will transfer 2 embryo's on the next cycle (eeekk Twins. lol) and they will still be at 3 days because she says that way we have the best chance of getting a good amount of embryo's.

And - the exciting part - FS has said we can cycle again straight away because the hormones were low. Whilst this might not be ideal for some, for me, emotionally, it is perfect

We are going to Daydream Island at the end of April, so we can't be in the TWW when there is swimming involved, and emotionally waiting until May makes me want to cry all over again

My mother-in-law has offered to lend us the money until it is reimbursed from Medicare which means we can cycle sooner (and won't have to max out the credit cards again).

Whilst I am still so sad at my emby not having been ready to greet us, I haven't felt the need to cry since I had the chat with the FS and she said we can cycle straight away.

I guess if I had of had OHSS then it would be a difference scenario.

Thanks for all your advice and support ladies... xo