Closed Thread
Page 44 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aw EO.. That is the most amazing news ever.. My eyes got all watery at your news.. So happy for you that your beta is awesome and I hope there is 2 beautiful little babies all nestled and safe in their mumma..

I'm pretty convinced our emby isn't there anymore as my cramping hasn't stopped since transfer..

It just feels like AF is coming

I just wish I could have an answer now as to whether my emby is in there or not

Contrast again EO.. Such amazing news for you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cate - are you with fertility first in hurstville? It is a guessing game as to why they don't fertilize. You could have some perfect emby's there.. We are with fertility first and dr Anne.. We had EPU on 30th Jan and got 16 eggs, 14 of which were mature enough to have ICSI done. 12 fertilized overnight and at transfer on the 2nd we had one perfect embryo to transfer and none to freeze as they weren't good enough quality.. Who knows why our eggs do what they do but good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    woot - EO.

catemer - You said EPU was today, so you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Not all the the eggs they collect are mature.
    At the crunch end of the stim, in order to make an egg it first divides its DNA in half and packages up one half that it's not going to use to throw away later. That is meiosis 1. Then it gets ready to throw out one half the the remaining DNA. It lines the DNA up in the middle of the egg ready to pull half to one side to use, and the other half to the other side to throw away. This is part of meiosis 2, in particular it is the stage called metaphase 2. When the embryologists look at the eggs that are collected they note if they are at M2 phase (mature), M1 phase (immature) or GV (germinal vesicle) stage (very immature).
    They only do ICSI on the M2 eggs. So of the 15 your DP had collected 10 of them were mature. The 10 mature eggs have been injected with sperm, but you need to wait until tomorrow to see if they fertilise.
    The scientists can see if they fertilise because the eggs finish meiosis 2, and chuck away some more DNA when they fertilise properly.
    Your numbers are fine. You've got more mature eggs than I had on most cycles, and my subsequent embryo growth was always really crappy, but we still always managed to transfer something, and are now very early pg with an emby that was running a day behind schedule when it was transferred.

jeb8303 - many women report AF-like symptoms and still get their BFP. I even had my AF-is-imminent thigh cramp from about 15-17 dpo, which was a little scary until I got my progesterone result back.

tthc - well done.

My Nanna is still improving. I got to see her wiggle her left fingers today. She managed to roll her eyes towards the left for the first time this evening when mum was there, they'd previously been fixed looking straight ahead or slightly right. Cardiology came to visit today because it turns out she also had a heart attack the previous night - but that's a fairly normal occurrence for her so nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by felicita; 10-02-2012 at 19:16.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Aw EO.. That is the most amazing news ever.. My eyes got all watery at your news.. So happy for you that your beta is awesome and I hope there is 2 beautiful little babies all nestled and safe in their mumma..

I'm pretty convinced our emby isn't there anymore as my cramping hasn't stopped since transfer..

It just feels like AF is coming

I just wish I could have an answer now as to whether my emby is in there or not

Contrast again EO.. Such amazing news for you
    Don't lose hope - both my BFPs I had constant cramping through the TWW and the cycles that didn't work I felt nothing! There is too much to analyse - as hard as it is you just have to wait it out

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks felicitia and quartz... I'm so confused and don't know what to feel cos I've had a friend who's done ivf in my ear saying I shouldn't be having so many cramps and shouldn't get any in pregnancy .. Soo confused

Even though I've been telling myself I'm ok.. I just wish I could have lived in a bubble these 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    jeb8303 - everyone's different. Some cycles I had lots of cramps, others very little. This, my first positive pg test, I had a medium amount.
    Every symptom and every lack of symptom can mean (a) the cycle worked, (b) the cycle didn't work, (c) it's unrelated to the cycle. It's just a matter of believing whatever keeps you appearing sane to people you meet until the blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - I could have dropped by your house this morning if I'd known where you lived... I was that impatient - I kept checking my phone all last night and morning awaiting your HTP results. I even had to dig into my bag while waiting for my blood test to check - and to see you have a is super exciting!! Biggest of big congrats to you and DH.

It's a baby bonanza in here - look out the due date thread that takes you all at once.. BAM!

lindylou78 - Yeah you're blessed with those two gorgeous genetically viable bubs. I think it's better you can't choose if the or gets popped in as then you still get a surprise if you don't wanna know - so will you find out?

The Time Has Come - WOW... it's babies AND now embies bonanza in here at the moment. a bunch fertilise and are already getting ready to come home to Mamna next week. Also you said 'he' when talking about your FS. Did you change FS's from Dr. Matthews??

Felicita - Sorry to hear about your Gran, I'll add her to my prays.

Mac8 - Sorry you have to wait, although its sounds as though you're okay with it. It's good practice for what we do in the IVF baby making business ... WAIT! Whatcha got planned to keep you busy for the month wait?

Caterer - Welcome to the thread. You've joined at a fantastic time and I hope all of this great luck rubs off you and DP.

AFM - Had a mild [okay HUGE] panic attack today on my way to the scan. I was just so overwhelmed with going alone , for fear of getting bad news. THEN out of nowhere my sister rings me to say she had a dream that I had a scan to go to and was scared to go... and I said YES I do. Best of all she took the the day off work and held my hand. Such a relief. Scan was uneventful. It was asleep and did not move. I even had to ask if it has a HB...
    OBGYN who did the scan on behalf of my OB was a cranky old git who would not tell me anything about what he saw, would not take a photo of the nub area or even scan near it....even after I begged. And the profile shot he gave me to take away had the kids hand in the way so it looks like he/she has a HUGE pinnoccio style nose...but it has a heartbeat and 2 arms with two legs so I’m happy!
    Last edited by bebehvala; 10-02-2012 at 19:55.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Just a quick update to let you know how I went today at my scan and bt. I am still in shock - all good!!! Having EPU on Monday, still cant believe I have made it this far. FS says not to get hopes up, as isnt sure how many or how good the eggies will be, but again just happy to make it this far, especially since I was convinced it was going to be cancelled again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully the sun will come out to play too

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Have not posted here since I got my natural bfp 8months ago, as I didn't want to invade on everyone when I got the good news. I do "stalk"occasionally to see how all the ladies are doing since I cycled with them........
    In saying that I had to comment to EO!!!
    I was so happy to see your posts and could see the long journey you have been on since here last and I wish you nothing but the very very best!
    All my positive vibes ur way!!!
    Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 25andhopeful For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies!!

Mac8-did the nurse even explain to you why they decided to change your cycle? I understand why that'd be quite frustrating!! Thinking you're going ahead with one course of action & then changed without any discussions!!!

Kelbelle-I am so sorry to hear about your latest cycle. I wish you all the luck in the world for your FET this month!

Peoniesarepretty-yay on AF arriving early! Hopefully she does the same thing next month & you'll be jabbing in no time!!

Lola-how are you feeling Hun? Are you bringing another much wanted bfp into the group!? When is BT?

EO-once again babe, congratulations from the bottom of my heart! I hope you & DH celebrated last night! Have you ladies worked out due dates!? Surely you'll be due near my birthday towards the end of October!? Hehe DS was with my parents yesterday & then DH picked him up just after we got home from the hospital & kept him busy all night!! I think I had two nanna naps & still slept through the night wonderfully!!

Lindylou-thanks! I really hope we can finish off our family with this lot! Fingers crossed it's the last epu for me... How are you doing? You'd be only a few weeks off transfer now! I can't believe you know the sexes! I think that is so beautiful!!! I just think that makes things so much more real.. Like you have a baby boy & a baby girl waiting for their mummy!! I wouldn't see them as embies anymore!!!! Hehe

Bella-thanks hun, how is the cycle going? You're jabbing now right??

Traveler-how are you going babe? Still spotting? Are you able to call your clinic & go in for a BT to see what's happening?

Mac8-it would have been nice if you could've started earlier, just take the next couple of weeks with DH before the craziness begins!

Felicita-I'm so sorry to hear about your nan, but great news that she is improving daily! She has been through a fair bit by the look of things. I pray she recovers stronger than ever!

Bebe-oh no I'm still with dr.M, I absolutely loooove her. However dr Benny did my epu yesterday, he was really good too! I think I fell asleep in theature laughing with him!
    Wow what an experience you had with the scan! Usually the tec talks through everything they are looking at! Was it your NT scan? I know most places will give a few photos and have the whole session on DVD.. I wouldn't be going back there for my 20w scan that's for sure!!

Alison-great news on epu being on Monday!! I hope you get lots of beautiful eggs! When will you be doing transfer?

Welcome catemer & hi to all the other beautiful ladies in here. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

AFM-I was feeling quite tender all day yesterday, it has eased up a fair bit, however still the sorest I've been after epu... I assume this has to do with how many eggs they retrieved? More poking and prodding around in there I guess!? DH kept DS busy all day, he would just run up to me, give me a kiss & run off to keep playing with daddy. He's still sleeping.. So I don't know why I'm awake already!! Hehe

Now just waiting on the call to see how many were mature & have fertilized.. Fingers crossed!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post: