Closed Thread
Page 40 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EO- thinking of you and seeing pictures in my mind of you & DH dancing around after seeing your ++ HPT tonight. I'm all tingly with anticipation and can't wait for your good news

Bella- I thought you started jabbing yesterday, so I was a little premature in my last post! Glad the post-ET acu is cleared up, I did misunderstand thinking you were talking about the session immediately after transfer. Oh poop, now I'm worried about a potential weekend FET. I'll be checking the calendar later & seeing if I have to go on the pill to tweak my AF!

TTHC- thanks hun, I'm still amazed at the thought that bub #1 & #2 are possibly already created. I'm positive we'll get one bub... not so sure if we're lucky enough for both to work. Enjoy your jab free day today! Best wishes for an easy EPU tomorrow with a good haul of mature eggs .

Mac8- sorry, I can't help with the OCP question. I've never done a long down reg cycle. Ditto about the rain, this is seriously the crappest summer ever! Its only the FSH that needs checking on CD 1. To save time, I'd ask the clinic to send you a BT form for all the other pre-IVF screening tests & do it straight away.

Felicita- love your new sig!

Alison- sounds like your FS is waiting for that bunch in the 12-16 range, which is exactly what my FS did when I had one follie way ahead of the others. I think you're looking good for a Monday EPU

Jen- yay for making it past the half-way mark in the TWW! Hoping embie is indeed safe & sound, and has found a comfy spot to burrow into

Lola- I have seen more recent articles showing that the % of boys is slightly higher with fresh transfers using conventional IVF. Apparantly ICSI produces more girls, so it probably all balances out in the wash. Thanks for the kudos on my roll-call keeping & personals! This is the only thread I put effort into knowing where everyone's up to, I love that we have a real 'family' vibe in here. Last time I joined a TWW thread, I found that people responded to only a select group of members (or worse, constantly did 'me' posts) & it didn't feel very supportive at all. The dizziness sounds good, fingers crossed it is an early preg sign

Berecka- you've been quiet in your TWW. How's it going?

Crofty- where are you? Hope you come back soon!

Traveler- Hope the spotting has finished up and you're finding the inner strength to look ahead more often than you're looking back .

Kelbelle- Sorry to hear your Jan cycle was BFN . I too had very high hopes for you getting a BFP fresh after surgery. I was on prednisone my last transfer, 25mg daily from transfer day til BT. If I had a BFP I would've stayed on it until 12 weeks. Be assertive with your FS, after all the transfers you've had, he/she should be supportive of anything you want to try differently.

Hi to PinkB, Bebe, Peonies, Nat, Quartz & the girls I've missed

AFM- meeting a friend who works nearby for lunch today. She had a dream that she wants to tell me about, and I'm bursting with curiosity! She is a very intuitive person, not fully clairvoyant, but often has dreams about people around her that are scarily accurate. No prizes for guessing what I hope she dreamt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - obviously I don't know much because I'm a complete newbie to this whole thing & haven't even started a cycle yet. But in researching acupuncture places, I found this one in Newtown/Enmore ... not in the location you wanted, but it was more for the approach of 2 acu sessions during the 2WW that I thought was interesting (and the fact they're open 7 days). Has anyone used this place? It's a good location for me.

Jen & Berecka - how are you going? Getting crazy yet?

EO - I'm so excited to hear your results tonight. Hoping like mad for you!

kelbelle - so sorry to hear about your BFN. It was heartbreaking reading about your journey on your signature. I really hope it's your turn soon!

Lola - thanks! Yes, I'm very impatient now. How are you going? How you coping with the in laws??

Lindylou - cool, those are some amazing success rates! I think that's a good idea that you've taken the bull by the horns in this way. So, sorry if I've missed this info along the way ... but when will you be doing a transfer? A FET for March, is it?

Alison & TTHC - best of luck for your follies doing what they should & EPU being ASAP.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO so exciting for you, hope your embie has made a wonderful home for the next few months.

TTHC - good luck for your EPU tomorrow (hope i got that right).

AFM, back tomorrow for another scan and BT, but still thinking i might of O'd as EWMC has gone and been replaced with a thick creamy one (sorry for TMI). So hanging out for tomorrow to see what they say. Been a lot harder this time round, thinking it has something to do with DH being away all week.

to everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou - I LOVE YOUR positivity! Yes, it's about time the universe listen to you, you been waiting bl00dy long enough!!
    When I read your last note to EO, my heart skipped a beat and I thought I'd missed EO's status with the BFP news! Fingers the dream was about bouncing babies or a HUGE lottos win....

EO - I really hope the HPT was kind to you today.

kelbelle
    - BUGGER Kel, I am with the other gals and am so shocked you had bad news. You give Dr. L a what for and be honest with what you'd like from your next cycle. Don't let his cool charm sway you. xx
    Maybe our resident Dr. Felicita can help with some info on the prednisone option.

felicita - I have been dizzy on and off this PG, and I read it's due to the amount of new blood flow and our hearts beating faster... or something to that effect. As you can see I have no where near the great explanation skills you do. Seriously, you should consider writing an 'IVF for dummies' type of guide. You have a great knowledge and way with explaining things - and because you have [sadly so much] experience you'd be VERY credible.

Lola - I have also been looking at info on if IVF gave more boys or girls - in an effort to help me guess what we are having. Doesn't seem like any big stats either way though, so I'm back to thinking 50/50. Hope the next 9 days go super fast and you get the right result.

jeb - I don't have any clue if an abdomen that is warm is a good sign [is it?] but its great your 1/2 way along the TWW.

Alison - You sound good for an EPU on Monday. I feel bad for you having that hesitation, but it does sound like it's all under good control.

Mac8 - Seems a bit rough to get a call from the secretary with your changes. If you have any q's, I'd be phoning that FS back and making sure you feel confident with his approach - and as Lindy [I think it was her] said, you can ask the have the bloods done now to get the ball rolling and save time. Don't worry about being a little pushy - I am sure they are used to MUCH worse.

TTHC - Best wishes for a mega egg haul tomorrow of the most ripe and ready to be fertilised eggies. Thanks for asking about my scan - I will be on my own [again] for this one. But we don't get the results till Thursday next week and DH will be back to come with me for that.

peoniesarepretty - Yeeeah, for getting all those duckies in a row. It feels so good once there is a plan, and it;s all coming together doesn't it?

AFM - As I said to Lindy up top, my heart skipped a beat when I read her note to EO wrong - it's so fabulous to have the support of this thread. My DH knows I'm on here a lot, and asks sometimes what's happening on the forum... or when I am retelling him a story about one of you - he never looks at me weirdly and goes with it as I think he knows it's helps me know I am not alone.
    Back from Sunny Perth last night to a sun deprived Sydney - what is going on here??? NT Scan day tomorrow, followed by a BT and a 5 day wait for the results. I know I am going to go mental in those 4 days waiting to know if we have 'passed'. Good news is DH will be back for the results and to meet the OB so we will either be rushing around to tell everyone or he will be picking me up off the floor....
    Last edited by bebehvala; 09-02-2012 at 14:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alison12 - hope your CM is just your body being individual, but not O'ing early.

kelbelle - haven't done a FET, but for a stim I start on 10 mg prednisolone when I start FSH, then up it to 20 mg after EPU. So 10 mg from CD1, then 20 mg from O would be roughly equivalent timing.

Don't you love it how once you've learnt to deal with or overcome one problem the universe sends you something new for a bit of variety?

I seem to have used up the luck for my family. My Nanna broke her hip on Monday afternoon, and had a stroke (blood clot variety) last night. Since she's post-op (from fixing hip yesterday) and already receiving blood transfusions for low Hb (and also saline for low bp) then she's not a candidate for dissolving the clot as the consequences of accidentally inducing internal bleeding while she's in such a fragile state are too risky, so it's just a matter of waiting for the swelling to go down to see what abilities she recovers. Currently she's ignoring her left side, but between 1 and 2 pm today she asked for the left side of her mouth to be wiped and complained about her broken left hip being sore, so we're taking those first acknowledgements of her left side as a hopeful sign, but some right posterior brain damage has already been confirmed by CAT scan.

She broke her pelvis 4.5 years ago when my sister was pregnant, so my brother has told his fiancee that if she loves his Nanna then they can't have kids because she'll just go and break her hip again if they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick post while i am sitting at the train station waiting to pick up DH. Thanks for all your kind messages after my BFN - I have a love/hate relationship with IVF at this point. Love it because it will hopefully help me have a much wanted baby and hate because it is just so hard!!! AF arrived today so I am pill popping again - that didn't feel like much of a break!!!

EO - can't wait to hear the results of your HPT - I have everything crossed for you!!

Felicia - Belated congratulations to you, after the road you have had you so deserve this! Are you thinking twinnies? Am so sorry to hear about your nana, hope things get better soon

Hi to all the other ladies..... Sorry I can't write more personals, the train just arrived. Almost the weekend - YAY!

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by quartz; 09-02-2012 at 17:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really quickly, EO I have been thinking if you all day today, and hope beyond hope for an unbelievably clear BFP tonight!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - Hoping and praying for some exciting news xx

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - hope all is ok and you're just too busy celebrating with DH to tell us the news

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - ?

Hi all.
    I know most of my posts are "me" posts, and I thank you all for not complaining. (I don't have many friends IRL.)

My Nanna began regaining sensation, movement and awareness of her left side yesterday afternoon/evening. Neurology says it's not very much weaker than her right hand side (which admittedly is not strong to start with, a loaf of bread is too heavy for her to hold) so she appears to have not lost much.
    We found out how low her blood pressure dropped over the previous night - 40/20. I have not accidentally omitted a "1" in those numbers. No wonder the medical staff were worried. Since she has been in bed with the head up since the hip operation then her brain blood pressure would have been lower still because it's above heart level. Neurology think the low bp contributed to the clot formation.
    We think she stays alive through sheer force of will and conscious effort, so it's just a matter of getting her through the crisis until she's aware enough of herself again to continue living.